THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    How many other hunters were there in your camp?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many other hunters were there in your camp?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Once a friend was in camp, but didn't hunt. Once, Namibia, I took one of my daughters, and on two others I was alone. I have never shared a camp with another hunter, yet.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Have shared camp on several occaisons. Once was quite interesing as the other hunters were Hungarians who spoke no English and Only one of the hunters daughter spoke English. Communication didn't seem to be a problem at all. They were all super nice people and invited me to Hungary to hunt with them. On another hunt the other hunter was a Belgian heart surgeon and her husband who was recovering heart surgery. He stayed in camp all day as she hunted. She spoke some English but he only spoke French and my french is extremely limited. But believe it or not we enjoyed our days in camp together.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been the only hunter in camp for three safaris so far and that's the way it should be, unless others are part of your party. One exception: A guy three hours away had a permit to shoot a female lion while I had a permit to shoot a male. females were hitting our bait, so we let him come up for a night and use our hide to try to kill a lioness.

If there are strangers in camp, even if each has their own PH, you just KNOW that they'll compare notes and decide who gets to go where the game is most likely to be found.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first trip was a lodge in South Africa with several others there, the wife and I enjoyed them all they where very nice people. Our second trip, to Zim, HHK was supposed to provide us with an exclusive camp and instead ran other hunters on top off us. Very unpleasant people those, they made evenings around the fire and supper very uncomfortable. Even their PH was an obnoxious jerk.

Our last hunt was exclusive and incredible.

I will demand exclusivity from now on and will never hunt with the outfitter that misrepresented themselves again. It was not good.

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Have been alone in camp with the ph and many times with 1 to 12 people in camp and i enjoy it!its nice to met other hunters from around the world ! tu2

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote