Notify
Tools

OK WHAT DID YOU GET???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gentleman Jack
posted
Hopefully its hunting related.

"There are creatures here that cannot even be found in books, and I have killed them all......"

Posts: 273 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hang on Jack! It may be Christmas Day in Dubai, but it is still,Christmas Eve here in Florida USA!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The wife got me the six DVD set of Capstick hunting movies. I think to keep me out of the kitchen during all the preparation for our family festivities tonight.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a set of cabin lamps.... bull

"There are creatures here that cannot even be found in books, and I have killed them all......"

one of us
posted Hide Post
a 45-70 1895 with an octagon barrell

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Blank,

That Capstick DVD set is really good. I love the hunting videos that show the hunt from start to finish including the trophy prep and butchering. The Ele is my favorite one but they are all really good. Also kind of sad as far as one of the DVD's being his last safari. Good set though.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
I got a very nice 20-60X spotting scope! Smiler

Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The look on my son's face when he got his first "very own" rifle (7mm-08). That means that I get my .270 back.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2006 AZ combo hunt/fish lic. 2006 archery deer tag hunt opens jan 1 and ends the 31st. And a set of motorola 12 mile radios with extras.
Merry Christmas to you all.
coues

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
My gift arrived on Friday from Hill Country Rifles. It is a Montana 1999 stainless barreled action with a fluted barrel, set in a McMillan supergrade stock with a Pachmayr decelerator recoil pad. Don't flame me on the caliber guys, it's a .325 WSM. As soon as I get the Talley mounts and Leupold VX-III, I will give it a test drive. Plan on taking it to Russia in May for a big Kamchatka brown bear.

Merry Christmas,

BOWHUNR

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brian simmons
posted Hide Post
cabelas dangerous game for x box

brian r simmons

Posts: 186 | Location: nj | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Mother's report that she's feeling much better and will join the rest of the family for Christmas.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
I got Rourke's "Horn of the Hunter" and Boddington's Buff hunting DVD.

I think Sarge got the best gift so far.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
The best gift of them all. Cabela's gift cards.

Anyone in the Ft. Worth Cabelas on Monday, watch out for me running up and down the isles clutching little brown gift cards ...

I have already started make my list.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The best gift was all of my children here at the house for Christmas dinner, along with my grandaughter and two friends of my daughters who didn't have anyone else here to celebrate Christmas with.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got my God son married off yesterday!
Lois and I sat around the house and drank coffee today. No phone calls!!
Life is good.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A Chapuis 470.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Cabela's gift cards, and Ruark's "Lost Classics"

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brian simmons:
cabelas dangerous game for x box

Thats actually really really good. I hope its part 1 cause part 2 was terrible. You can buy different grain ammo and everything.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A set of shooting sticks from long grass outfitters. They are very nice and all wood.

Maineguide

Posts: 75 | Location: Dover NH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got my God son married off yesterday!
Lois and I sat around the house and drank coffee today. No phone calls!!
Life is good.

I need a day like that soon. We got a hell of a storm, but good food, good family, and the wife gave me an IOU towards my new rifle build. Dammit I love that tall redhead.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Ruger #1 405 blue walnut edition
R93 264 barrel
R93 9.3x62 barrel
Wyoming Cowboys (golf-type) windbreaker
2 big huge bags of jerky
2003, 2004, and 2005 Guns and Ammo TV on DVD
Garth Brooks boxed set
Almost as good as last year!

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I gave the old man a EAA biathalon type air rifle.
My mother a Swarovski bracelet and sent a gift box of food from someplace for both.

My daughter about 20 pounds of polly pockets, my little ponies, DVDs, and a furby (I am hoping the Furby will drive my x-wife bonkers).

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
A Chapuis 470.

Dave

Cool! New or used?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A Ruger M-77, Mark II RSM in .458 Lott; RCBS three-piece die set (.458 Lott), an electric case trimmer (I"ve been trimming with a manual trimmer for years); an electric Trim Mate station; and a stack of safari books from Safari Press.

I must have been a good boy this past year. Smiler

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A set of seven Books on Alaskan hunting mainly focused on the Kodiak Island and the Peninsula, Big Bears and Moose. A .243 WSSM to play with and new .416 Rigby brass. Also 40 acres that would serve as a new location for my private shooting benchs that will increase my distances up to 800 yards. YEP, I had old ST Nick fooled again. rotflmo Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich if you have a cabales membership take a friend or friends that don't and get them signed up and you get the bonues $. I got a gift card whtich I will use in Wheeling Jan 4th. I also got Capsticks Warrior which I had and will exchange at SP for something else. My gift to myself hasen't arrived 2006 Chev 4dr 4X4 pickup.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
A Puma White Hunter II knife, a Lansky knife sharpening set, two signed and dedicated books by French big game hunters and an Altec Lansing mini speaker set for my I-Pod. A Merry Christmas to all.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jock of the bushveldt -great book. Some hunting socks and mags + my yearly girly mag from my wife -soft core but I appreciate the thought!

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cewe:
Jock of the bushveldt -great book. Some hunting socks and mags + my yearly girly mag from my wife -soft core but I appreciate the thought!

Hmm, interesting to say the least.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
She´s a strange and wonderful lady!

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ 550 375h&h...
The seed has been planted...

Big holes bleed more!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cewe:
She´s a strange and wonderful lady!

No doubt, good find!

one of us
Picture of Lightning
posted Hide Post
I got to order my Searcy .470 Nitro. It was ordered for my birtday, but counted as my Christmas as well. It will be ready in March!

Posts: 246 | Location: Argyle, TX | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOWHUNR:
My gift arrived on Friday from Hill Country Rifles. It is a Montana 1999 stainless barreled action with a fluted barrel, set in a McMillan supergrade stock with a Pachmayr decelerator recoil pad. Don't flame me on the caliber guys, it's a .325 WSM. As soon as I get the Talley mounts and Leupold VX-III, I will give it a test drive. Plan on taking it to Russia in May for a big Kamchatka brown bear.
BOWHUNR

Woof, good choices! I'm positive the caliber will prove to be absolutely excellent. Sad that the 8mms are such neglected calibers, they really have it all. With the new .323. cal bullets, you have a TSX for tough game, and an Accubond for softer stuff, you are good to go!

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For a long time I've needed a gun safe and my wife came through in a big way with a Heritage Victory safe in metallic green with gold trim. I'm a lucky man. Smiler

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
A treadmill, and a recumbent exercise bike.

One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that, OldSarge. That certainly has to make a very Merry Christmas!
Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Great to read everyone getting such good gifts! Merry Cristmas to all!!! Smiler

For me is getting together with my family, that's the best gift of all! Smiler

I did go out and get myself a few "little" things, a 60mm Macro Zoom lens for my Nikon and a 35-70 Tele Zoom, two lens to add to my collection. Big Grin

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
I thought I was the only lucky one! Wink

My wife got me a pre-64 M70 re-barreled in 338-06 impoved. Smiler My parents got me Nikon scope to go with it! Also got a Surefire flashligh, a shell holder for my 375, and a pair of socks. Big Grin

Not a bad haul if I say so myself.

Glad everyone had a great Chirstmas. Good luck to all in the New Year!

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote