Find
Notify
Tools

Heym express 375 H&H
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi guys,

I was going to look at a Heym SR21 monte carlo rifle in 30.06. It was half price and still thinking of buying it. BUT they had a demo gun in Heym express 375 H&H. I have seen that rifle many times and have also been a dream rifle for me. I hope some day to do a buffalo hunt in southern Africa somewhere. This the calier I want a dangerous game rifle. It is nearly 8000 USD new, I ca now get it for 3500 USD. That`s a lot of money for me and more then I have though to use on a rifle, BUT it feels great, is beautiful and I do believe at that price I should/could buy it and sell it in a few years. Without loosing any money. It has never been fired, just held by a lot of people in the store.

Does anyone know the Heym express? Any tips or advice?

Posts: 1091 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3500.00 for a Heym Express seems like a steal, even for a demo model. They are a beautiful well put together rifle.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Svinejakt:
Hi guys,

I was going to look at a Heym SR21 monte carlo rifle in 30.06. It was half price and still thinking of buying it. BUT they had a demo gun in Heym express 375 H&H. I have seen that rifle many times and have also been a dream rifle for me. I hope some day to do a buffalo hunt in southern Africa somewhere. This the calier I want a dangerous game rifle. It is nearly 8000 USD new, I ca now get it for 3500 USD. That`s a lot of money for me and more then I have though to use on a rifle, BUT it feels great, is beautiful and I do believe at that price I should/could buy it and sell it in a few years. Without loosing any money. It has never been fired, just held by a lot of people in the store.

Does anyone know the Heym express? Any tips or advice?

I can't think of anything else I would buy for $3500. Sounds like a screaming deal.

Mac

Posts: 1746 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a very good deal and heck, in a .375 H&H you can shoot bullets from 235 grain to 350 grain. One of the most versatile cartridges there is. Heym makes a superb rifle.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I have to buy myself a combined christmas, birthday and national holiday present with these reviews Smiler I have to decide on tuesday, seems I have to go back and feel "her" up a bit more before I decide. REALLY want that rifle I`m noticing more and more Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:
Sounds like a very good deal and heck, in a .375 H&H you can shoot bullets from 235 grain to 350 grain. One of the most versatile cartridges there is. Heym makes a superb rifle.

Seems also I have to start reloading when/if I buy this rifle. A little bit more expensive factory ammo than the .308 I have now Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go for it you only live once

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it fits you and you like it then that's a no-brainer!

Congratulations on the new rifle Smiler

Like to see some photos posted.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1970 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
You justify the price, then there is no reason not to buy it

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kjøp den børsa... nydelig sak og sitter som et skudd. Lad med 235 grain kuler og redusert ladning. Har brukt det på impala med fine resultater. Ikke gjennomskudd en gang. Da kan du bruke den på rådyr og hjort og elg og hele sulamitten...

Morten

A short translation; buy it. Use 235 grain bullets and reduced load and it is spot on for all scandinavian big game

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1140 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The gunsmith that makes them is in Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada. Ralph Martini. He is an a superb smith and has absolute attention to detail, fit and finish.

A Heym built from Martini is high on my list as well.

Posts: 164 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't need another .375 and I would buy that one. If that is a recent heym express - post martini redesign, screaming deal.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryce Dillabough:
The gunsmith that makes them is in Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada. Ralph Martini. He is an a superb smith and has absolute attention to detail, fit and finish.

A Heym built from Martini is high on my list as well.

I think Ralf Martini designed the stock, but doesn't make the rifles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really don't think you need it. Where did you say it was? Big Grin
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd be on that like a rabid pit bull on a newborn kitten!

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
"Any tips or advise?"
Yes, buy it!
And go hunt Buffalo!
There are also great deals to be had on Buffalo.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that gun is in the USA, I will buy it for $3500.....

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I visit the Heym booth every year at DSC to fondle the Martini Express rifle. Would buy one if I won the lottery or found one at a price of $3500.

They are awesome rifles. Buy it before someone on this board finds out who has it.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clan_Colla
posted Hide Post
If it is one of the Heym Martini Express rifles -
in good condition
it is indeed a great find at that price.

Posts: 633 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not often a whole thread on AR is in full agreement Wink Seems I have to make a plan to go fondle it and buy it on tuesday Wink

Thanks for all the replies Smiler I will post pictures of it if (when) I buy it Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
Kjøp den børsa... nydelig sak og sitter som et skudd. Lad med 235 grain kuler og redusert ladning. Har brukt det på impala med fine resultater. Ikke gjennomskudd en gang. Da kan du bruke den på rådyr og hjort og elg og hele sulamitten...

Morten

A short translation; buy it. Use 235 grain bullets and reduced load and it is spot on for all scandinavian big game

Kanskje jeg må spørre om noen tips til lading hvis jeg kjøper Morten Smiler Lite greie på lading, men skal jeg ha en 375, så må jeg begynne Wink

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
I'm just going to cut to the chase and say, congratulations on your new rifle! Big Grin

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Where's the photo?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will take a picture of it on tuesday. The guy is back in the shop then. And remember I live in Norway, I now have to apply for that caliber at my local police before I get it Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought that same rifle in that same caliber through a package deal that was being offered by Heym USA last year. It is the finest bolt-action rifle I have ever hunted with. You will not be disappointed.

Posts: 119 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 05 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana91:
I bought that same rifle in that same caliber through a package deal that was being offered by Heym USA last year. It is the finest bolt-action rifle I have ever hunted with. You will not be disappointed.

Bwana91 what optics have you put on it? or open sights maybe?

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
...remember I live in Norway
That's right. I forgot about the 96 hour time difference. Big Grin

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At that price I would not purchase the rifle.......I would be afraid it was stolen. Big grin

Posts: 11979 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Even if this is one of the older Heym rifles (pre-Martini stock etc.) seems to me it is still a very good deal. And as the old saying goes, if you could only have one rifle, a .375 H&H is a damn good choice.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Svinejakt,

Let me be the dissenting vote. I'm not saying the Heym is not a great rifle it's just that you could have a fine buffalo rifle with a few tweaks to an off the shelf rifle leaving you a good down payment on that buffalo hunt. Think about it!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
quote:
...remember I live in Norway
That's right. I forgot about the 96 hour time difference. Big Grin

Hehe, my reference was to me not getting the rifle with me when I buy it. Because I haven`t applied for the license on 375 yetWink So the shop will keep it until I get my license for that rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Svinejakt,

Let me be the dissenting vote. I'm not saying the Heym is not a great rifle it's just that you could have a fine buffalo rifle with a few tweaks to an off the shelf rifle leaving you a good down payment on that buffalo hunt. Think about it!

Mark

Mark: I get what you`re saying, but I will still be a couple of years out on my Buffalo hunt. My son is only 9 months and will probably not go before he`s a bit bigger. Difficult to prioritize the time and money just know. But will start saving for that trip very soon Smiler Then I can practise with a proper caliber for some years, maybe try to get a moose her in Norway with the express Smiler

NB: So now you know I am saving for a couple of years, bring me an offer I can`t refuse, when the times comes Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:
Even if this is one of the older Heym rifles (pre-Martini stock etc.) seems to me it is still a very good deal. And as the old saying goes, if you could only have one rifle, a .375 H&H is a damn good choice.

I agree Smiler
I will still have my sturdy .308 for the rest also. Especially for Caribou when hiking long it`s nice to have something lighter Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Svinejakt,

Check out the offer I just put up for Sondelani Ranch. A second hand Win Mod 70 in 375 will kill a buffalo just as dead as the Heym.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Svinejakt,

Mark

Agree Mark and my carry gun for some time was a no name .458 that was the most delightful rifle I ever owned.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Svinejakt,

Check out the offer I just put up for Sondelani Ranch. A second hand Win Mod 70 in 375 will kill a buffalo just as dead as the Heym.

Mark

The offer is good, but it`s still to early for me Wink That`s why I also have time to save up for the buff and get some practise in before I go Smiler

Mark and Andrew: I get what you are saying, but the offer is to good to say no too. I have already gotten offers to sell it for more than my buying price. Worst case I sell it and go hunt buff Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy it now. Hold it and dream. Hunt. Then hold it and remember.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Not every Heym is a Martini, it is important to note that. Not every express has one of Ralph's stocks on it.

Here in Europe a regular express is less than $4000. Ralph's stocked Heym is $6500 plus.

Scandanavia is probably 20%-30% premium over here in Germany.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Here is a Heym in 404. I think it is one of Ralph's stocks. For a little less than $6000.

No scope, but the wierd little mount is included, it is probably $600 on it's
own. The mount looks like a strange version of a swing mount, but I am not sure.

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6336940

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ralf designed the original "Heym-Martini" stock. So unless you have the prototype rifle Ralf himself DID NOT stock it.

Posts: 437 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 June 2013Reply With Quote