One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Svinejakt:
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Svinejakt,

Check out the offer I just put up for Sondelani Ranch. A second hand Win Mod 70 in 375 will kill a buffalo just as dead as the Heym.

Mark

The offer is good, but it`s still to early for me Wink That`s why I also have time to save up for the buff and get some practise in before I go Smiler

Mark and Andrew: I get what you are saying, but the offer is to good to say no too. I have already gotten offers to sell it for more than my buying price. Worst case I sell it and go hunt buff Smiler

That is called investing.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Svinejakt:
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana91:
I bought that same rifle in that same caliber through a package deal that was being offered by Heym USA last year. It is the finest bolt-action rifle I have ever hunted with. You will not be disappointed.

Bwana91 what optics have you put on it? or open sights maybe?

The package included a Swarovski Z6i. I mounted it with quick-detachable mounts. Worked fantastically well for Leopard hunting in Moz last year.

Posts: 119 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 05 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Want to thank everyone for input and tips Smiler You have been vital for me to buy a rifle much more expensive than I ever thought I would buy Wink Just came from there now and I am a proud owner of a Heym Express 375 H&H. My dream rifle!! It`s abou 2,5 years, never been fired except on the factory. Guess I can`t complain Wink Have to say that this is a big thing for me Wink

Bwana 91: The guy told me that quick mounts was not an option if I put the Talley rings on it. Could you please sent me a PM with the specifics on your scope mounts? Would love to have that option.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Well done, beautiful rifle.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Praise the Lord and pass the swift aframes. Congratulations. Glad I could be in the buy now choir. Hunt with it, shoot it, make memories, and when you are ready take her to Africa.

Posts: 11979 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Talleys are fucking ugly. Put nice EAW mounts on it, in a swing mount.

Talley mounts also like to fail, as only one screw is holding the ring.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Praise the Lord and pass the swift aframes. Congratulations. Glad I could be in the buy now choir. Hunt with it, shoot it, make memories, and when you are ready take her to Africa.

Thats my plan Smiler I am guessing from your name that you own something Heym yourself? Do you have a double/bolt?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a gorgeous rifle!

Congratulations.

DRSS

Posts: 1970 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A very nice rifle you have there for a steal of a price. It will do everything a 30-06 can do plus a bit more. It is made for hunting so go and hunt with it.

In the meantime http://nitroexpress.info/ezine..._NitroExpressCom.pdf

Posts: 985 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clan_Colla
posted Hide Post
Hard to tell from the picture-
is the receiver milled for the Heym/Talley rings?

Or is it a straight double square bridge?

Posts: 633 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
double square bridge, no bases on this one, its a martini style stock, very nice rifle, that was a steal!!

Don't hold me to this but I think the slots on the bridge are talley, If this is the case you can surely use talley quick detach, I don't know for sure, maybe they are Heym custom by Talley. Chris Sells might come along here and tell us all

Now you need to take it over to Africa and kill a buff with it!!

Posts: 1018 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:
double square bridge, no bases on this one, its a martini style stock, very nice rifle, that was a steal!!

Don't hold me to this but I think the slots on the bridge are talley, If this is the case you can surely use talley quick detach, I don't know for sure, maybe they are Heym custom by Talley. Chris Sells might come along here and tell us all

Now you need to take it over to Africa and kill a buff with it!!

He said that I could only use Talley. Maybe it`s Heym by Talley. I am waiting answer on that question. Maybe I have to go for detacheble lever then. Anyways I am starting off with ordinary open sights in the beginning. Having trouble deciding on what optics to put on top anyways. The seller is a Zeiss fanatic so he`s trying to persuade me Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the good wishes Smiler It`s been a fun thread!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:
A very nice rifle you have there for a steal of a price. It will do everything a 30-06 can do plus a bit more. It is made for hunting so go and hunt with it.

In the meantime http://nitroexpress.info/ezine..._NitroExpressCom.pdf

Thanks for the tip, good read Smiler

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a beautiful rifle at a great price. You will never regret the decision to buy this fine rifle. However, if you do, I'll give you your money back for it. Big Grin

I have a Winchester M70 in 375 H&H. It had several different scopes on it before I found what suited me. I settled on a Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 with the CD reticle (illuminated circle dot on a 4A reticle).

Safe travels and good shooting....Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Svine:

I bought one of the Heym 88B anniversary models in 2015. Love the rifle. Yes, I am a Heym Mark. I too had to decide between Safari or the rifle for near future. I took the rifle. I can shoot it, take it deer hunting. I took it on a public land bear hunt this year . When I am ready to take on Africa or Australia in two years I will have the familiarity with the rifle under my belt.
My double is a 500. You can see pictures of it in the Double Rifle section. You will have to go back a few pages.

I could have made it to Africa or Australia this year, but my wife wanted to go back to Europe. The truth is I did too. So, this year is Austria.

Congratulations. A good use for that rifle would be a Scandinavian Moose or Euro brown bear.

Posts: 11979 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:
Congratulations on a beautiful rifle at a great price. You will never regret the decision to buy this fine rifle. However, if you do, I'll give you your money back for it. Big Grin

I have a Winchester M70 in 375 H&H. It had several different scopes on it before I found what suited me. I settled on a Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 with the CD reticle (illuminated circle dot on a 4A reticle).

Safe travels and good shooting....Larry

I am happier about this purchase for every day that goes by Wink Still thinking hard about the scope, but they are really pushing for a Zeiss scope of some kind. Me, I`m still thinking Smiler I will check swarovski Z6 out. I will anyways have open sight at the starts to start the shotting Smiler
Thnaks for the tip and good wishes Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Mr. Svine:

I bought one of the Heym 88B anniversary models in 2015. Love the rifle. Yes, I am a Heym Mark. I too had to decide between Safari or the rifle for near future. I took the rifle. I can shoot it, take it deer hunting. I took it on a public land bear hunt this year . When I am ready to take on Africa or Australia in two years I will have the familiarity with the rifle under my belt.
My double is a 500. You can see pictures of it in the Double Rifle section. You will have to go back a few pages.

I could have made it to Africa or Australia this year, but my wife wanted to go back to Europe. The truth is I did too. So, this year is Austria.

Congratulations. A good use for that rifle would be a Scandinavian Moose or Euro brown bear.

I am thinking just like you then SmilerYou have a beautiful rifle there no doubt Smiler Maybe I have to check for a double in a couple of years aswell Wink

Heard good things about Austria, a lot of beautiful places there!

I`m actuallt thinking about moose hunt next year with the Heym, northern part of Norway. Not a trophy hunt, most hunts in Norway are just hunts. If a bull is on Quota I get to shoot, if not we hunt whats left Would love to get a the rifle in action Smiler Meanwhile I train with and like you said make myself familiar with it. They have shooting ranges with speeding target, planning to a couple of those aswell Smiler Then 2-3 years hopefull bringing the Heym to the place it should be. Southern Africa Smiler

Thanks again for the good wishes!!