Tools

Hunt blow up
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by poprivit:
Yes, the comments were "interesting". I may have misled you on the final outcome. We will be staying at the original lodge - 5 star.

ddrhook - may you enjoy the sublime pleasure of a rectal-cranial inversion!

I think you would have received vastly different advice had you stated up front your wife had a medical issue rather than she needed a heated bath towel to be happy while on safari.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by poprivit:
Yes, the comments were "interesting". I may have misled you on the final outcome. We will be staying at the original lodge - 5 star.

the only way to accomplish said inversion is to have an anal sphincterotmy- thereby making his asshole large enough to get his oversized cranium out of it... although in "hindsight" his asshole may well be large enough already, judging from his post.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
yuck lol nothing like AR in the morning to start the day with a laugh!

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
as an aside, 9-10 months ago i posted a slightly similar post about whether to lie to my wife or not about an elephant hunt i had booked- she was rather adamently opposed to me hunting elephant. any other animal was fine- just not elephant. i got quite a number of responses suggesting i: 1. grow a pair 2. divorce the bitch. nice to see that a number of "me, Tarzan, you Jane" posters are still out there. BTW, hunt was successful and i told my wife it was short notice PAC animal( which to some degree, it was). she is happy, i am happy, no money funneled to divorce lawyers, the world keeps spinning.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I hate to spoil the party but you guys do realise that Hook's comment was tongue in cheek? Wink

Anyone who knows Hook will know his sense of humour is as twisted as mine is but he actually has a heart of gold.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JDollar, you sir can do one of two things grow a since of humor or go F&#@$K yourself.
have a wonderful day Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
I hate to spoil the party but you guys do realise that Hook's comment was tongue in cheek? Wink

Anyone who knows Hook will know his sense of humour is as twisted as mine is but he actually has a heart of gold.

Tongue in check, eh? Not bad, not bad at all...

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
He got a few rises out of it huh? jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is funny!

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
YYYyyyiiiihhhhaaaarrrrhhhh!!! popcorn

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Heart of gold? Steve, if that were true, he would have pawned it long ago :-)

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Poprivit:

Trust me, Paris works like a charm. Jewelry in a pinch, but Paris is cheaper and works better.

Pago offers the Russian solution. I wouldn't advise it. Trust me, the PH and the staff hate that arrangement and in the digital age ...

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok kids (those of you who are all-knowing about me and my wife) The lodgings are very important for health reasons. My wife is a cancer survivor and due to the nature of her one-year treatment, has a low tolerance for air-borne pollen, dust and other dirt. She doesn't just not like it, she can get inflammation of lymph nodes by her right arm. The tent is out due to that reason.

I specified all this to the PH when I met him at SCI. He changed the deal
Here's ALL the info I've received from him about the switch:

"So the good news is.......cat is feeding!!!!! Attached picture of very very large tom feeding and the one we are targeting for this hunt.

Bad news is that the lodge we will stay in is NOT the fancy place I showed the pictures off Tom. Sorry, but we have to go where the Tom takes us. The cat I was baiting at the nice lodge disappeared and have not been back. The accommodation will be in a luxury Safari tent complete with en-suite bathroom facility. Attached picture for your approval please?

Nothing else. No location, no change in funds, etc.

Ah yes, for those of you who advocate the tent life, be advised. I've hunted Botswana three times with Johan Calitz and lived in the tents. Enjoyed every minute. Also, I need not advice from internet shrinks about how to handle my wife. You unto yours, me unto mine.

Missed this. Apologize if I said anything to offend.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
JDollar, you sir can do one of two things grow a since of humor or go F&#@$K yourself.
have a wonderful day Big Grin

if that's your idea of a sense of humor, you need to grow a new brain.... it wasn't funny the first time around and i doubt the OP thought it was funny this time. feel free to keep trying, though. practice makes perfect.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs i did pawn it.
according to my ex i never had one rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Poprivit

South Africa is a dusty place around this time of year. If this is a very sensitive issue you should be cautious. Fortunately it's probably not as windy as in August or September, but you should know that it will be dusty.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:

Ok she will not have a masai guarding the tent but tent vs lodge I take the tent everyday of the week.

I would rather have a tarb under a baobab tree than hunt from this tent!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
Saeed - there were about three hours in the Caprivi last September, I would have committed major felonies for that tent pictured!

After spending a couple days in 5 star hotel in Frankfurt, then traveling to Caprivi, us guys started off chasing elephant before we even arrived at the camp. And promptly left the women at the trucks, unattended.... After a short track, returned, drove the last 30 minutes to camp, pulled into the very new tent camp on the Kwando river.

Girls look around, "hey why are we stopping here?"

Kobus says , this is home, let's have lunch!

Girls look at Mikee, "Houston, we have a problem, this is NOT the fancy lodge you showed us Mikee!"

Yes, well, plans changed this is better. Hell hath NO fury, like a woman seperated from here ice machine and massuese! Thanks to Kobus, much white wine and the other PH's, the girls were OK in a couple hours, but for a bit there, I thought the ele hunt was in jeopardy.

I get the OP's concern - it's hard to convince SWMBO to go on our adventures, so we work very hard to accomodate them. If stuff changes, they need to know, before they get there.

FWIW, going back again this year in September, same PH, Caprivi, different conservancy. No ladies this year, tents preferred.

BTW, buddy was going had to back out. Got a buff and an ele available if anyone wants.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 350 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just do what i do and take her to sun city in RSA after the hunt.

But only if there is no winging during the hunt.

Posts: 376 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you are open to such, but if you wish, I would make a sacrifice and volunteer to go along. A tent camp in Africa is far from roughing it. My idea of roughing it coincides with that of my W 1 FE unit. Roughing it is when you have to sleep out on a horse saddle pad and the nearest hot shower is fifty miles away. Cool

Seriously, I sympathize with your problem. I have been truly fortunate to have lucked into a life partner who shares my love of adventure, even if she cannot bring herself to pull the trigger and kill something. She loves to go along, and we have gone places where nobody who is accustomed to luxury would even think of going. This June we will have been married for 53 years, and I thank my lucky stars for her being dumb enough to choose me to spend them with. Big Grin

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
tell her to buck up right quick, chief.

if this is the kind of gal you married perhaps your buddies were right?

figure if she knows the dough you've laid out and she's still willing to act this way you need a new huntin' pard and a marriage counselor.

good luck to her and to you.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Glad it has worked out to your satisfaction!
Have a good trip.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guess I married right. She was right up next to me during the cape buffalo hunt and actually wanted to do informal elephant "hunts" so she could get photos. Pretty intense getting close to them.

We lived in a 10 x 12 wall tent together in the Alaska bush for 15 months over 3 years. Basically I am in deep crap if I book a hunt to Africa, NZ or somewhere nice, and I don't take her. She is super jealous of my two Alaska float trips I am guiding this summer.

Sometimes you find a good woman.

I would rather get a Leopard then worry about a "luxury" camp. I have stayed in lodges before but my wife and myself prefer tents.

BTW, I showed my wife the post, and she said to find someone new.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife wants to chime in.
She suggests that considering the circumstances you should hunt whatever you can find near the lodge. Or you are, in her words, "toast".

I like toast. Confused

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, i think the original question was not stated correctly. with the way wives have a tendency to be a touch high maintenance and run the show, (what wife thinks she can tell her man what he can hunt?), i think the responses were fairly expected. poprivit, you stated once it wasn't in a lodge she said, "no". 2) ya said leaving her home alone wasn't a good idea either. that leaves alot of room for speculation. not all of it's gonna be positive. it'd be like me saying my summer hunt in S Africa is a no go b/c my wife said she wasn't happy with me going then i get blasted by the boys on the web when i share this knowing full well i left off she said no b/c she was undergoing surgery and that we had a sick kiddo going thru chemo. (just an example) this would be pretty much false advertising dontcha think?

Posts: 559 | Location: texas | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Interesting comments,

I love my hunting and am blessed to spend much time doing it. It is one of the most important things in my life but not as important as my wife's happiness. If she wants to share the experience with me as a non hunter, then I would only do it in a way that works for both of us.

At the end of the day if the object is to go hunting with your wife it is not the same as just going hunting.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kiri,

You are a wise man.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I think it was the bottle of South African pinotage I had by the camp fire last night. This morning I'm back to foot in mouth Kiri again!!!

Wink
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted Hide Post
What about having the wife stay at the five star while you hunt out of the tent camp? she comes to visit you at your camp and returns to her five star at night.

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Come on all you guys stop complaining, you just don't know what a real mans tenting hunt is like (Tahr hunt). Try this out and then you will never question an African one again dancing

Our camp with no sun for a week

Camp kitchen and shelter

The spacious inside of our kitchen

Posts: 3907 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess something that noone has brought up was why did you tell her. You can always arrive at your destination and be as surprised as she is. I guess I'm not sure why you can't trust her alone without you for a couple weeks.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:

Ok she will not have a masai guarding the tent but tent vs lodge I take the tent everyday of the week.

I would rather have a tarb under a baobab tree than hunt from this tent!

but if, God forbid, your wife went along with you and Walter, would she feel the same way? just curious... Whistling