Find
Notify
Tools

Wish us luck!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted
My wife and I are off to Cape Town on Monday morning. We are going to be in C.T. for four days doing the tourist thing, and then will fly up to Kimberly to meet our P.H. for our ten day hunt on the Botswana border. This is my second trip and the first for my wife. I'm very excited that she has taken a great intrest in hunting and can't wait for her to experience it in Africa. Of course, I had to buy her a rifle, an M70 in 7X57. I hate to admitt it, but I think she is a better shot than I am. I know alot of guys wouldn't agree, but I think the greatest hunting buddy you could have is your spouse. We will be hunting with DuPreez Safaris (Jan DuPreez).

Wish Us Luck,

BOWHUNR

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Best wishes of course but hey, what's on your wish list for this trip? You should run into some nice big impala rams in that area. What else?

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ann,

I hunted Zim. my first time so we have a rather large list of things I did not get to hunt there. We are after Gemsbuck, Springbuck, Hartebeest, Steenbuck, Duiker, Black Wildebeest, Blesbuck, Bontebuck, Caracal cat, Bat-Ear Fox, Porcupine, Brown Hyena and a Genet as the one I shot in Zim. slipped most of its hair. I also would like to have Lori take an Impala, since they are so much fun to hunt.

Cheers,

BOWHUNR

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have a great time and Good Hunting!

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Best of wish to you both for a great trip.

You do realize that you are getting yourself into trouble now?

By taking your wife with you, you are not going to be able to go hunting alone any more.

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Yes Saeed, I do realize what I am doing. If this works the way I would like it to, we will be hunting in Africa many more times!

BOWHUNR

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy hunting and have a nice trip! Wish I could get my wife interested in shooting...she did accompany me on a few hunts on our trip in March and she enjoyed the exitement -but she say�s she could never kill an animal.

I guess I�ll just have to respect that.

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote