Find
Notify
Tools

MARK SULLIVAN
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
I HAVE BEEN READING A LOT OF ARTICLES ABOUT SULLIVAN SOME NOT SO GOOD.IN MY OPINIOM MARK IS ONE OF THE MOST HONESTS PHS IN THE WORLD HE PROVIDES THE HUNTER A POSSIBILITY TO DEFEND HIS LIFE AND TO THE HUNTED THE OPRTUNITY TO DIE IN A FLUSH OF ADRENALINE FIGTHING ,ILL LIKE TO DIE IN THAT MANNER NOT IN A HOSPITAL BED.WE ALL KNOE THAT THE ONLY EXTREME DANGEROUS HUNT IS THE HUNT OF ARMED MEN .SO AS A PH INVOLVED IN EXTEME HUNTING I CONGRATULATE A WARRIRO AS MARK .JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
If you want to defend your life, spend the night in Harlem. It’s a lot less expensive and you are assured of some life and death situations...

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Juan,

Why do you need two posts on the same topic? All caps is considered rude on the internet.

If you want to argue the merits of Mark Sullivan, just do a Search on the topic. We've pretty much covered it already.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Aw, come on Terry. Poor Mark needs more press. Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to the Mark Sullivan who builds best quality English double rifles?

http://www.londongunmakers.com/wouldyou.htm

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Juan, you may want to take this conversation to the enlightened individuals over at worldshooter.com wave. They are more likely to share your rather interesting bewildered perspective.

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
I HAVE BEEN READING A LOT OF ARTICLES ABOUT SULLIVAN SOME NOT SO GOOD.IN MY OPINIOM MARK IS ONE OF THE MOST HONESTS PHS IN THE WORLD HE PROVIDES THE HUNTER A POSSIBILITY TO DEFEND HIS LIFE AND TO THE HUNTED THE OPRTUNITY TO DIE IN A FLUSH OF ADRENALINE FIGTHING ,ILL LIKE TO DIE IN THAT MANNER NOT IN A HOSPITAL BED.WE ALL KNOE THAT THE ONLY EXTREME DANGEROUS HUNT IS THE HUNT OF ARMED MEN .SO AS A PH INVOLVED IN EXTEME HUNTING I CONGRATULATE A WARRIRO AS MARK .JUAN

I heard a report a few days ago about hunters in Tanzania finding several dead hippos - all with gunshot wounds - not long after Mark Sullivan "hunted" there.

He is, without any doubt, as far removed from being a PH as one can get. He wound do well in Hollywood, where the truth does not get in teh way of a good story line.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
oh thats very disgusting thing. i provide extreme knife boar hunting but i never let an animal injured .i dont know that,ok thats inexcusable .Dr juan pablo pozzi md phd

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
[quote]I heard a report a few days ago about hunters in Tanzania finding several dead hippos - all with gunshot wounds - not long after Mark Sullivan "hunted" there.[/quote

While I am not a fan of Mark, might this not be a little "over the line"? To be fair, where did the report come from?

The Tanzanian Game Scouts I have been associated with would not have allowed this type of action.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems like it takes quite a few animals to make a video. I've heard Pano's version of his and Sullivans falling out ....according to Pano, Sullivan shot over 20 buffalo out of his concession in a 3 week period. However you slice it, he's not my cup of tea. thumbdown

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is no one going to argue that he finds some fantastic trophies for his clients, or that he has nerves and balls of steel. Appears to be a fine shot also. Where he goes over the line is taking ridiculous chances with his hunting clients or his own life, for the sake of video "opportunities". The -give the animal his own choice- drivel is just that; after you have pounded him 2-4 times with a rifle, making him charge is nonsense. Kill him when you get the first opportunity, no matter the distance, and put him out of his misery!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
[quote]I heard a report a few days ago about hunters in Tanzania finding several dead hippos - all with gunshot wounds - not long after Mark Sullivan "hunted" there.[/quote

While I am not a fan of Mark, might this not be a little "over the line"? To be fair, where did the report come from?

The Tanzanian Game Scouts I have been associated with would not have allowed this type of action.

I met one of the game scouts he hunted with him, and got it from the horses mouth that he wounds animals on purpose.

He has to kill 20 or more buffalos to get ONE charge video he take. The ones that go into the long grass are left to die. He would not dare play his silly tricks on them.

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
How the hell does he get away with this crap? We all have to pay for "all animals lost or wounded".

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Same feeling here my friend.

one of us
posted Hide Post
We have all read enough stuff about Mark Sullivan to fill a book. I suspect that most of it is B.S. However, there are PHs that worked for Wengert Safaris that know of Sullivan when their concessions shared a common boundary in the Moyowasi(sp).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It appears unsportsman like conduct is not limited to commercial enterprizes. This past March I was hunting in Omay of Zim. There was a bowhunter in the adjcent concession making a true ass out of himself and bowhunters in general. We heard via radio of the animals he was wounding. We wanted to take a cow ele with a side brain shot with his flippin stck. They last they saw of the ele was as she ran away with an arrow protruding from both sides of her head. They follwed for a couple of days but never came up with her. He then tried a brain shot on a hippo on Kariba lake. The last seen of the hippo was as it porposed out in to the lake with an arrow sticking from it's head. We heard he also wounded a babon and lost it. Don't know what else he wounded. I ran into him at the dirt strip when I was chartering out of the Chifudzi camp. He came in with his PH to fly out in another plane. I asked him how his hunt went and his reply was the most amazing and disgusting statement I have ever heard from a hunter. Quote "We left wounded animals all over the place. Some hunter will surely get killed there". All this followed with a little chuckle!
I had to turn on my heels and climb in my plane or I would have surely decked him. Sorry to burden you all with this but I had tell some one and get it off my chest.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
They last they saw of the ele was as she ran away with an arrow protruding from both sides of her head.

That must have been some big friggin' arrow! Eeker

I suppose the PH put up with this indiscriminate wounding hoping for a big tip?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:

>>>>>>> bull <<<<<<<<

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
IMO, Sullivan has always been flat out wrong to pass up a quick finishing shot on a buff or other DG animal, just so that he can later follow it up (always in the open it seems--coincidence?) and provoke it into charging for the sake of filming a dramatic video. That just prolongs the animal's suffering and is unethical, in my book.

Besides that, though, I've always figured he was just acting stupidly and in poor taste. All in the noblest of efforts of course--to line his pockets.

I have often wondered whether he intentionally wounds animals in order to make his videos.

No man can or should be convicted in a court of law based on hearsay--but what about the court of public opinion?

Are the sources on Sullivan's awful behavior cited above good enough to convict him in the court of his DG hunting peers here on AR? Even his many supporters and defenders?

Bear in mind that, as hunters, our enemies will not hesitate to use a guy like Sullivan to smear us all.

His unethical behavior has been enough for me to condemn him for it in the past. How about blatantly illegal and despicable behavior too? What kind of proof will it take for people to be willing condemn and repudiate this kind of thing?

Mark my words, this stuff and stuff like it will come back to haunt all of us, sooner or later.

Sorry for ranting, but hearing these further reports and from good sources just pisses me off.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
What really surprised me was seeing Ted Nugent in Mark Sullivans booth at the N.R.A. convention.I figured Ted got Sullivan to pay him a couple thousand dollars for his apperance fee.In regards to 465H&H story why would'nt this bow hunters P.H. come with a follow up shot on any of these animals?

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any of Sullivan's videos but are all of the charges a result of an initial wounding shot or is there any other way to provoke a buff into a charge?

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Jumpin' Geezuz on a pogo stick. Does this board need to rehash this subject yet again? Use the search engine to read all about Mr. Sullivan.

I suggest that we create a forum for all thread relating to Mark Sullivan, Match King, 45-70 DGR, Carmello thrashing, etc.. We should call it "The Trash Bin".

Sorry, got my panties in a bundle this morning.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, Steve, this is different.

Every hunter needs to condemn and repudiate this kind of thing at every opportunity.

That is doubly true when it comes to informing the uninformed.

Every time one of us buys one of this guy's videos he is indirectly supporting unethical and illegal behavior.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why everyone gets so upset when someone posts something that's been rehashed ad nauseam. The title to the thread is clearly marked with this subject. If no one was interested enough to even open the thread it would fade away into the night. Apparently that's not the case.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wanted to buy Sullivan's videos but didn't because of what I read on these boards.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rattlesnaker:
...is there any other way to provoke a buff into a charge?

Yes, keep asking him the same questions over and over and over and over...

Rehash the same topics again and again and again......

Chime in on every asinine thread again and again and again......

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
MS is hardly a "warrior", more like a sick opportunist. The animals deserve a little more respect than he gives them. I've seen a couple of his videos & if my PH did some of the things MS does to his clients, I'ld shoot him myself. thumbdown

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree that this stuff can become tiresome, but it's sort of a public service to chime in when the topic is raised and questions come up.

See, e.g., the following:

835 New AR Members Last Month

Not everyone is "One of Us" or posts between 10 and 25 times daily as some apparently do. Eeker

Put another way, if everyone always knew the score, we wouldn't need the sports pages.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bow hunters PH is very well known and highly thought of. I just met him at the air field had the same question but didn't have the oppurtunity to ask him. I do plan to if I have the chance. I do hope HHK will not accept him as a client in the future.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got an idea - why don't we have a seperate forum for & call it the mark & other bullshit forum so everybody else can get on with their business

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
George,
Your "Graemlins" are hilarious!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Tonight I'll try a Oban over crushed ice in a short glass.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
quote:
Originally posted by Rattlesnaker:
...is there any other way to provoke a buff into a charge?

Yes, keep asking him the same questions over and over and over and over...

Rehash the same topics again and again and again......

Chime in on every asinine thread again and again and again......

George

Looks like you're guilty as charged on all three.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
ICE !!! Shame on you Ernest! Wink

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
HEY, have you guys seen the size of the tits on Prince Harry's girlfriend?

OH, sorry wrong topic. Now where is the Irrelevant Forum, I know we have one.

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
It’s good to be king - or even waiting in line to be king...

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damnit Carr, now I forgot all of what I read before and what I was supposed to be posting about. in fact, where the hell am I for that matter?!

Big Grin

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Terry,

That's why you get the big bucks buddy! Smiler
Awesome! They just don't teach that kind of thing in "moderator school".

Cheers,
Big Grin Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charles Mc Williams
posted Hide Post
A pleasent breath of sunshine sourounded by the ugly topic of Mr. Sullivan the adrenalin junkie. Thank you terry. Charlie

Posts: 343 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Now that is a topic I don't think any of us will tire ËdebatingË. What's the trophy fee on something like that???? I'll bet it's really expensive......

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote