Originally posted by boarkiller:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
All during the day and Nixon is Da Man.

quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I looked into booking my 2014 ele there and was told straight up...many shot at night.

Curious. We have two posts, back to back, one says all are shot during the day and the other says many are shot at night. I know that I have an acute perception of the obvious but both cannot be right. Almost like listening to the IRS testify before Congress.

IRS my you know what Dude. simply put, there is times when the movement is at night and times when they move during the day. I've been there you haven't so shut up Dude

Boarkiller Dude,

Oh okay, Dude. I did not realize that my comment/question might offend you, Dude. I would never have done that, Dude. I will just fade away now and shut up, Dude, as you suggested Dude. Have a good day, Dude.

[P.S. Dude, I hope that you can speak better than you write, Dude.]

Mike

Posts: 21696 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by martin pieters:
Its not about judgement, its about what is right, elephant deserve to be hunted the proper way period. I am sure most if not all elephant hunters would agree!

Succinctly and well put. Although if I saw a 92 pound elephant at night, best get your fingers in your ears quick.

Mike

Posts: 21696 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MY THREAD HAS BEEN JACKED

offtopic

THANKS FOR THOSE PROVIDING ALL THE "GOOD" INFO

jumping

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Folks, very simple stuff here. Best to experience it for yourself, than to speculate and repeat what Jimmy's, sister's, ex-husband said two years ago - but anyway.

No Fence at/near Malapati!

If you go with SSG Safaris EARLY in the year, you are "more" likely to shoot your elephant at night - or not at all. I will NOT book hunters into this area early in the year - unless they insist! Totally legal in comm areas, just different.

At anytime a big elephant can be shot in daylight, just as the big 85lb bull shot this past Monday at 4pm. As the season goes on, opportunity for more elephants/big elephants will be greater with each passing month.

I shot my 84lb bull in Sept 2011, at 4:30pm in the afternoon (you can see it on the GLOBAL HUNTER DVD). I also passed a 65lb bull two days earlier at roughly 5pm. Last year, the biggest bulls were shot Oct/Nov, all in daylight. Including Milan's 80lb bull.

Both Parks, Ghonarzhou/KNP have an extreme over-abundance of elephants, buff, etc. These areas will always/forever hold and produce huge elephant bulls/buffalo bulls, etc. The "opportunity" is/always will be here to shoot a big elephant, but odds are never good for a truly big bull - just that simple. The point is, to kill something BIG, the area has to have BIG ones to start with, period! Nixon's areas have that potential at any moment.

Hunt the Valley for the next 30 yrs, you WILL NOT SEE/SHOOT an 80lb plus bull. Cool
In the past couple of years, Nixon has taken at least 7 bulls over 80lbs that I know of. Like I said, if you want a chance to catch a big fish, you better go fishing where there is big fish!!

Yes good area for sure Aaron. I may have mentioned on another thread that Mutemba Safaris took an 88 pounder the third week of April on the Moz side.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Folks, very simple stuff here. Best to experience it for yourself, than to speculate and repeat what Jimmy's, sister's, ex-husband said two years ago - but anyway.

No Fence at/near Malapati!

If you go with SSG Safaris EARLY in the year, you are "more" likely to shoot your elephant at night - or not at all. I will NOT book hunters into this area early in the year - unless they insist! Totally legal in comm areas, just different.

At anytime a big elephant can be shot in daylight, just as the big 85lb bull shot this past Monday at 4pm. As the season goes on, opportunity for more elephants/big elephants will be greater with each passing month.

I shot my 84lb bull in Sept 2011, at 4:30pm in the afternoon (you can see it on the GLOBAL HUNTER DVD). I also passed a 65lb bull two days earlier at roughly 5pm. Last year, the biggest bulls were shot Oct/Nov, all in daylight. Including Milan's 80lb bull.

Both Parks, Ghonarzhou/KNP have an extreme over-abundance of elephants, buff, etc. These areas will always/forever hold and produce huge elephant bulls/buffalo bulls, etc. The "opportunity" is/always will be here to shoot a big elephant, but odds are never good for a truly big bull - just that simple. The point is, to kill something BIG, the area has to have BIG ones to start with, period! Nixon's areas have that potential at any moment.

Hunt the Valley for the next 30 yrs, you WILL NOT SEE/SHOOT an 80lb plus bull. Cool
In the past couple of years, Nixon has taken at least 7 bulls over 80lbs that I know of. Like I said, if you want a chance to catch a big fish, you better go fishing where there is big fish!!

You are absolutely right Aaron. That goes for anything in hunting world. Right place right time and Bingo. Really big Ones? Plain and simple, you better be lucky then good any day of the week.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
All during the day and Nixon is Da Man.

quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I looked into booking my 2014 ele there and was told straight up...many shot at night.

Curious. We have two posts, back to back, one says all are shot during the day and the other says many are shot at night. I know that I have an acute perception of the obvious but both cannot be right. Almost like listening to the IRS testify before Congress.

IRS my you know what Dude. simply put, there is times when the movement is at night and times when they move during the day. I've been there you haven't so shut up Dude

Boarkiller Dude,

Oh okay, Dude. I did not realize that my comment/question might offend you, Dude. I would never have done that, Dude. I will just fade away now and shut up, Dude, as you suggested Dude. Have a good day, Dude.

[P.S. Dude, I hope that you can speak better than you write, Dude.]

The Dude abides....

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
BTW...just got an email that Bobby's ele went 92lbs (not 85)

92!! That is a DUDE! rotflmo

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, 92 pounds, get the fence cutters and the night vision goggles quick and lets start shooting.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
92#. Awesome! Look forward to the pics and report.

Skip Nantz

Posts: 539 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote