THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Some great Nature pics for all to enjoy.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some great Nature pics for all to enjoy.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted
Ok first of all damn I'm lucky, to live in Africa I decided today to finally develop 10 rolls of film that has been piling up for almost two years now. And hell did it bring back some good memories.

Enjoy and please I would like some comments and there will be some questions I think from some of them.

A black backed jackal in the open.

Young inquisitive eland

Low flying egyptian goose.

My wife Charmaine and Aaron my son with wildebeest in the background.

A ele bull feeding in close proximity to us.

Pied kingfisher eyeing out for small fish.

Ground hornbill with a small puff adder in his mouth.

A bushbuck ewe feeding.

Zebra after a rainshower.

A picture perfect end to the day.

A blacksmith plover

4 arses in a row clap

A bushbaby in mid air action.

We invited the buship for a braai thumb

Check out the white boar in the middle could someone tell me if that could be from age or just genes.

Quite a few of these pictures is taken at Rietvlei dam Nature reserve 20km from me and 30 km away and actually on the way to OR tambo so if you have some time to waste before your flight pop round. I have never been there without seeing the rhinos.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice, esp. the people puppy.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Yes, you are lucky to live in Africa Smiler Enjoyed your pics very much, thanks for posting. LDK

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing them with us.

I have taken the liberty and put them in an album on our Album Forum.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68676 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Saeed it's a pleasure.
I feel honoured dancing

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Very nice photos! The one of the Springbock in the green grass is awesome.

I beleive the color of the bushpig is caused by genetics. It actually looks a bit grey (allthough very "light grey") and both theese colorations occur in other bushpig populations.

Safe hunting,
/C-F Stolt

Posts: 12 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thumb

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. Big Grin

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Safarihunt super pics....

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Safari-Hunt Thanks, GREAT pics they made my day.
Oh how I wish I lived in Africa!

Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the wildlife pictures. I would also like to say that you have a beautiful family. That young man looks like a handfull for mom.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As always, you've captured the flavor of the country side. Are you trying to compete with Saeed? clap clap thumb

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the closeup of the Zebras head. Just have to ask about camera/lens particulars? Dr.C

At Home on the Range-Texas Panhandle

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's the Africa I see in my daydreams, very well done.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pictures.All telling us what a rich and beautiful place we live in and the need to preserve it.Thanks for sharing.A charming lady and a beautiful child.You are a lucky man.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
quote:
doccash

Ok the camera I use is not the greatest camera invented but with care and patience and a goodish lens you can get some great results.

The camera is a Minlota Dynax 4 SLR not digital the lens was Sigma AF Tele 400mm 1:5.6 then the other lens that I use regurlaly is also Sigma 100-300mm zoom 1:4.5-6.7.

So I'm very restricted to light especially with the 400mm. If the sun is behind the horizon the light quality is gone.

And thanks everybody my wife always thinks I'm wasting time on AR but after those nice words she likes AR now thumb

Frederik Cocquyt

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
small correction, that is a "crowned plover (or lapwing)"

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safarihunt: technique is what really counts in the longrun,good photos,thanks for the courtesy of a reply. thumb

At Home on the Range-Texas Panhandle

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Bwanamich,

Thank you for correcting me, on the Crowned Plover. My bird identification is not up to scratch like my animal identification. Razzer

Just got back last night from a two day fishing trip for making another movie. And I know have this beautiful 31 1/2 pound carp caught on camera the biggest so far from all the footage I have captured for them.

Have a look at the mark the scar on the side of the fish it looks like that on the other side as well looks like the fish must have been snared on some fishing line a while back but luckily got free hope this wound will heal totally so that he can become bigger.

Frederik Cocquyt

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh man, you'd toss him back in the water? That guy would make a grand feast steamed or fried whole with some thinly sliced pieces of ginger and garlic with some soy, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yummmmy.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
475Guy,

Yes, we practise catch and release on the carp but not on the catfish unless we have to rules of the water where we are fishing. They are a pest when specimen fishing for big carp. You go trough so much hassle setting up your line perfect and then it only gets picked up by a ugly cat.

Frederik Cocquyt