New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topi
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
That topi that Shockey shot on his show this is week is a monster.

I think plains game is much more fun when you become selective. And certain animals, like topi, are found only in certain areas. Everytime I look at mine I think of western Tanz...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AAW,

I could not agree more. My last few safaris have been designed to target one to three plains game spoecies in areas where they occur in good numbers and of good quality. I personally find this very interesting as it usually takes me to a place I've not been before and an enviroment new to me.

Others want the DG experience with buffalo and elephant. I completely understand that but the variety of pursueing all the different PG species is what attracts me to Africa these days.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
I would have to agree with you Mark, I see my future trip as going after species in the PG catagory, Don't get me wrong I would love to DG hunt, but I always get excited to see the really cool PG animals like "lesser kudu".

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
My uncle and cousin hunted the area he was hunting Gombe GCA in 2007. My uncle took a 43" buffalo, my cousin a 41" buffalo, and my cousin's topi was very large, but I forget the size.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was a great Topi! tu2