THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    MUST SEE! Walter Defeating A Master Lock!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MUST SEE! Walter Defeating A Master Lock!!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
The master gunsmith beating Masterlock!

Walter came over laughing.

He said he had just bought a new Masterlock, and he keeps opening it with a plastic tie!!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable! What would make Walter try that in the first place?

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Walter likes to break into things.

I have seen him get into a gun safe that someone lost the key to!

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chilcotin hillbilly:
Unbelievable! What would make Walter try that in the first place?

As goofy as Walter is. His curiosity, intelligence and problem solving abilities are actually way up there. Good man Walter! Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Walter does it again dancing

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Nobody other than Walter would even consider it possible to open a brand new pad lock with a plastic cable tie!

There is an old saying my grand father used to say often. ie: Anything man can conceive, man can achieve! Walter just proved that!

Good show Walter! tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Walter is just amazing!

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Walter is simply using the cable tie as a combination rake and tension bar which is the common technique to pick a cylinder lock. An ingenious application of the cable tie.

An alternate techinque is to cut shims from aluminum cans which if you have a leatherman with scissors makes this technique available almost everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRjNnnLOpmE

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10057 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
I can't get these video's to run for me. What would you all suggest is my settings problem?
thanks1

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
he probably learned to manipulate plastic like that fro operating his blaser Wink

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow - well done Walter!

MasterLock just don't learn. A few years ago they had to recall 11,000,000 bike locks, that could be defeated with a 9 cent ballpen...

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fury01:
I can't get these video's to run for me. What would you all suggest is my settings problem?
thanks1

I cannot help you without knowing some details about your system.

Are you having difficulty downloading the videos, or just playing them?

Try right-click on the link above, and save the video to your computer.

Try to play it after that.

If you don't have it, download VLC media player, it generally plays these videos well.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Cool! Good job Walter! I can see now that the problem that you had with the Sat phone and the solar charger was just a lack of plastic cable ties. Smiler

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
Cool! Good job Walter! I can see now that the problem that you had with the Sat phone and the solar charger was just a lack of plastic cable ties. Smiler

Chris,

may be you have forgotten the small fact Walter BROKE those himself?

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Mmhhnn!! Shades of "Waltergate?" Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
he probably learned to manipulate plastic like that fro operating his blaser Wink

rotflmo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Dear Walter,

Thank you

Love,
Thieves at Tambo Airport

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
That was so cool.A man who knows what he is doing.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 785 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Another high class entertainment episode from Walter and Saeed! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
I can download them, save them, and then play them with Windows Media player but just clicking launches a new window and a "waiting on Accuratereloading.com to respond" message.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
Dear Walter,

Thank you

Love,
Thieves at Tambo Airport

BINGO Jim.... rotflmo

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Walter for U.S. President.

Maybe he can use his ingenuity to fix the U.S fiscal mess? dancing

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I have a new computer with Windows 7. I just downloaded VLC media player and when I click on the link, I get a new window that only says "waiting for accuratereloading...

Can anyone help?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Never mind, it works now.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
CLEARLY made for airport TSA opening processes....HA

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2561 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote