Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant tusk reproductions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
As some of you may know, back in 08-09 I started tinkering around with reproductions of antlers and such. Was a hobby at first, then I started making some Elephant tusks for non-export Bull hunts. They were very popular.

Then I had a string of neck and back surgeries and rehab from a bad horse wreck. Well, I'm back in the saddle ...uhh ... I mean, back in business again.

By the way, Saeed has given me his blessing for me to post this here. Thank you Saeed.

I just made a set of tusks from a beautiful bull taken in Buzz Charleston's area. These are especially unique and useful as reproductions for a few reasons.

First, a lot of Buzz's Elephant will look very similar to this one. If you shoot a Buzz Ele, odds are a reproduction can be made from this mold.

This one is very symmetrical and long (164 cm) and happens to be about the usual circumference of a decent Elephant taken in Zimbabwe these days.

A tusk like this can be altered, cut down, and worked to closely represent just about any special characteristics of a tusk.

I am working on customizing a set for a long time AR member who has some interesting characteristics. The tusks, not the member. Well, he's interesting too. Smiler

These may be of interest to some American hunters on the fence about hunting Elephant in Zimbabwe or Tanzania as some Americans no longer want to hunt Zimbabwe/Tanz because of the current ban.

Well, if you could have a set of tusks that closely represent the Elephant you killed, would it make a difference?

Some have gone ahead and done the hunts and would like a set.

Some have done non-export Bull hunts in the past and would like something to show for it.

Some just think Elephant tusks look cool and want a set for their "man cave" or living room.

If you are interested in a set, please feel free to call or email me.

Thank you. And thanks to Saeed for allowing me to post this here.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They look great Wendell,thanks for posting this.

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell,

As you know, I'll be hunting Moz with Simon soon.

Who knows, maybe an elephant.

Please PM me you prices.

Regards, Noel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those look awesome Wendell, very realistic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow..those look great! I usually wince at the idea of repros....but these are excellent.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bloody nice!

Thanks Wendell.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very realistic, and I would not have a problem with a repro. I caught a nice sailfish last week and if I want a mount, it will be a replica. Fishermen don't seem to care.

Sure, it isn't the real animal, but neither is a picture, is it?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Looks great. What about selling some to the Chinese? Cool

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell. I will be giving you a call.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How much? Looks good

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Please pm your prices. I

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I m going for a non-trophy in Namibia, would you be able to make repos for that type of bull or just the one size of Zim bulls?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell:

Just went and replayed that video on your website again. That really gets the blood pumping. Noticed a particularly dashing chap behind an ele.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Look great

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Looks very good Wendell. tu2 I like Carl's idea about you making them and selling them to the Chinese. You could do the same with rhino horn. Hell, they'd never know the diff. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
very nice Wendell
Might do it one day, when I go back for another elephant

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!! Definitely a problem solver!

Best regards, D. Nelson

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
The detail that comes through on the tusks is amazing.

One of Us
Picture of MotorCity
posted Hide Post
They look great. I just sent you a PM. I shot a Elephant in Zim in May and would like a set made.

Posts: 241 | Location: Rochester, Michigan | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Thanks Todd, and everyone else who PM and emailed me. The response was more than I expected.

I am very please with the quality of these molds. This isn't my first "go" at mold making with Elephant tusks and I have learned from my mistakes in the past. I really can't see how I could have improved on the quality of theses molds. They really did come out almost perfect.

What started out as a hobby, has turned into a real part time job! I will be posting photos in the Taxidermy forum of tusks that have been customized to clients dimensions and characteristics.

I have my eye on two additional set's of tusks that I would like to mold. One smaller, more of a PAC size Bull, and one is a lot bigger. A Botswana monster!

Thanks again everyone for the comments, PM's and the emails.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are incredible, nice work.

Use enough gun...
Shoot 'till it's dead, especially if it bites.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote