THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Why Adam Clements is proud of destroying wildlife habitat...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Adam Clements is proud of destroying wildlife habitat...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Hehe must be the most stupid post this year killpc

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Without context we don't have a clue what Adam is thinking or why he is in the picture. Or what is even going in the picture.

All I see is Adam and what might be trackers just posing with a few big pumpkins, that are probably worth a fortune.

Are we to jump to the conclusion that all logging in Cameroon is bad, and therefore Adam is evil because by posing with a picture of some harvested trees and he is obviously condoning the wanton destruction of the environment and bongo habitat, and is clearly happy about it? Roll Eyes

How do we know that this is not a sustainable forest practice that is bringing revenue and a higher standard of living to the locals? Or are they not allowed to develop their natural resources? I understand that there is some Forest Stewardship Council Certified forestry in a one or more countries in Central/West Africa that is supposed to ensure that forest development is sustainable and that the local indigenous people are involved. I am sure that there is also timber poaching, or big evil logging companies from China or Russia or God-knows-where that are nuking the rainforest for maximum profit, but am I just supposed to jump to the conclusion that is the case here and that somehow Adam is profitting by it or just getting his jollies from seeing the forest getting logged?

If you've got some facts that Adam Clements is "proud of destroying wildlife habitat" by all means post them. Otherwise, the accusation is rediculous and potentially libelous.

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well it's only about 1 below here but the wood fire in our furnace is keeping the place just as warm as it has for the last 35 years or so. And the trees keep replacing themselves

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
Without context we don't have a clue what Adam is thinking or why he is in the picture. Or what is even going in the picture.

All I see is Adam and what might be trackers just posing with a few big pumpkins, that are probably worth a fortune.

Are we to jump to the conclusion that all logging in Cameroon is bad, and therefore Adam is evil because by posing with a picture of some harvested trees and he is obviously condoning the wanton destruction of the environment and bongo habitat, and is clearly happy about it? Roll Eyes

How do we know that this is not a sustainable forest practice that is bringing revenue and a higher standard of living to the locals? Or are they not allowed to develop their natural resources? I understand that there is some Forest Stewardship Council Certified forestry in a one or more countries in Central/West Africa that is supposed to ensure that forest development is sustainable and that the local indigenous people are involved. I am sure that there is also timber poaching, or big evil logging companies from China or Russia or God-knows-where that are nuking the rainforest for maximum profit, but am I just supposed to jump to the conclusion that is the case here and that somehow Adam is profitting by it or just getting his jollies from seeing the forest getting logged?

If you've got some facts that Adam Clements is "proud of destroying wildlife habitat" by all means post them. Otherwise, the accusation is rediculous and potentially libelous.

+1 tu2

Nothing like jumping to conclusions. It seems that some on here can't wait to slam someone.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Fellas:
It's going to hit near -40 tonight in Alaska at my home. I burn wood for heat. Am I going to be under attack next? I can post a pic of my wood shed!
Cheers,
Cal

Mine is already half empty. On pace to set a record. Eeker

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Again, will someone please think of the trees! They have feelings too!
This post is getting ridiculous

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
well it's only about 1 below here but the wood fire in our furnace is keeping the place just as warm as it has for the last 35 years or so. And the trees keep replacing themselves

I very much doubt your firewood costs anywhere near $1000 - $3000 per cubic meter.

It might also be worthy of note that African hardwoods (and forests) are fast disappearing and that a good number of countries have now banned their export.

These hardwoods take a damn sight more than 35 years to grow into trees with trunks of the diameter as shown in the photo.

This of course has nothing to do with AC nor is any suggestion being made that he is culpable of any misdeed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:

I very much doubt your firewood costs anywhere near $1000 - $3000 per cubic meter.

It might also be worthy of note that African hardwoods (and forests) are fast disappearing and that a good number of countries have now banned their export.

These hardwoods take a damn sight more than 35 years to grow into trees with trunks of the diameter as shown in the photo.

This of course has nothing to do with AC nor is any suggestion being made that he is culpable of any misdeed.

Agreed. I have seen the logging in Cameroun. Just shocking and definitely not sustainable, but this is not AC fault....

Hunter54 take a second and think before you post pls!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2091 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
Guys !!! what we have here is what we face everyday - somebody saying they know something about someone but not shareing details - this can be fear of retribution /prosecution , but what we have is a statement - they know of ! have seen ! or are aware of !!!, these statement normally come from the anti fraternity - and I make a point of rebuking them with the statement that to have knowledge of ; have witnessed ; have evidence of .... is akin to witnessing a rape and doing nothing. In order for us to ensure the hunting industry is clean and tidy we must all take action when faced with conjecture or rumors, set the platform to enable the industry to clean up or don't start a malicious rumor . Also try to bear in mind that one of our industry failures is the disease marketing strategy where outfitters or PH's bad mouth one another. That said please understand that my goal is to get people to act on facts or feed smoke to the people who can investigate and clear up uncertainties but stay away from conjecture and rumor.

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I honestly don't think the rediculous accusations in the first post should be dignified with an official response, but for those who are interested in the actual context of the photo, Adam let me know that the photo was taken over 6 years ago, in April 2006, when he was hunting bongo in Cameroon as a client.

Of course, he confirmed that he was/is in no way affiliated with the logging industry. They were simply taking a photo to show how big the trees were compared them, etc....as I am sure most of us would do in the same situation. To his knowlege the logging was legal.

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
Guys, I do not know hunter54 anymore than any of you so I am not siding with him but I do know and hear of many of Adams shady moves so lets be careful to put him on a pedestal. Raul Ramoni has spent years developing his concessions in Tanzania for lion quality as well as other species and had the huge risk if in fact it did not happen of Adam undermining him and taking them away. I do not know the outcome but I do know of the underhanded dealing that was going on. Have never hunted with Adam, will never do so, do not wish to disparage anyone but his recent efforts are clearly real. Those of you that know me know that I am no troll but this guy is anyting but what you see. I do not plan to revisit this post or get into a pissing contest and have avoided bringing this out but it is what it is.

Just my 2cents.

quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Gentlemen:

I know BigBBear personally. He is a stand up guy. His integrity is beyond reproach. If he says something, he isn't making it up.

More than one PH/Safari company that is viewed favorably here has business practices that are inconsistent with their on line reputation. They will all come out over time.

Having said that, I do think the comments about the picture are ridiculous.

Larry,

Your friend BigBBear may be "a stand up guy" but he is not an honorable one. Anyone who brings up accusations should be man enough to back up those accusations with details and facts.

A person who's "intregrity is beyond reproach" would do so.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BigBBear, is that a promise like the one before?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I REALLY didn't want to bump this back to the top, but I thought that some of you might have an interest in and/or enjoy the video found at the link below. Rainforest Alliance Certification uses the Forest Stewardship Council Certification Standard that I mentioned above...

Follow the Frog

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I see nothing here has changed.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NitroX:

And it will remain so.

People here say whatever they wish, then the members can decide who to believe.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by NitroX:

And it will remain so.

People here say whatever they wish, then the members can decide who to believe.

Yes+1

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote