THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Why Adam Clements is proud of destroying wildlife habitat...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Adam Clements is proud of destroying wildlife habitat...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Adam, your smug, pathetic face is disheartening to some people.

Here you are posing in front of Bongo habitat destruction and you look happy. WTF?

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Hunter 54 you need to grow up! That was on a hunt in Cameroon and I think all of us would take picture like that..It do makes for a good pic. Stop buying furniture instead...

Enyy is a bitch, everyone seems to have a hard on for Adam on this forum..

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
What a rediculous post Hunter 54. Without tbe context, that picture is meaningless. Not to mention that the thread title is incongruous with the content of the post.

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
What a rediculous ....

I am tired of seeing the same old, same old safari operators that, on the one hand are promoting more hunting, while on the other hand, are contributing to habitat destruction and poorer wildlife management.

We need to oust these people and vote with our pen via social media like this wonderful platform that Saeed provides, and we need to vote with our dollars.

The sheer fact that Adam would pose here provides proof of his insensitivity to wildlife conservation.

One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Lamest post of the year nomination!

Congrats Hunter54, you should be proud!

Dumb azz....

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter54:
quote:
What a rediculous ....

I am tired of seeing the same old, same old safari operators that, on the one hand are promoting more hunting, while on the other hand, are contributing to habitat destruction and poorer wildlife management.

We need to oust these people and vote with our pen via social media like this wonderful platform that Saeed provides, and we need to vote with our dollars.

The sheer fact that Adam would pose here provides proof of his insensitivity to wildlife conservation. It's as if the President of the USA would pose in front of dead children and at the same time, ask for more funds to help them.

Yeah, I'm ready to vote: judging by your recent posts I would vote "nutcase".
cuckoo

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Hunter54
donttroll

Just another AR gadfly with nothing constructive to contribute. No location given and I wonder how many african safaris he has actually made and what game he has taken? Lots of silly posts asking specious questions, but this may be an all-time low. Perhaps he should be labeled a TROLL?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's as if the President of the USA would pose in front of dead children and at the same time, ask for more funds to help them.

That has to be one of the most bad taste & pig ignorant remarks I've ever read anywhere.

Shame on you! Confused

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I think I'll PM Adam and ask him to frown next time he's in a picture. Apparently that would solve the problem.

Whatever you do, don't take pictures of yourself with your children, you may be accused of contributing to overpopulation.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just shut this down Hunter54 is just a troll. Why doesn't the moderator just take it down. Serves no useful purpose as like all of his other posts.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What a rediculous ....

The sheer fact that Adam would pose here provides proof of his insensitivity to wildlife conservation.

God help us if any USA or Canadian outfitter were to pose in front of a stack of harvested timber! Most people don't think twice about forestry management practices here, but have a freaking cow if some trees are cut down in Africa. Get a freaking clue!

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:
It's as if the President of the USA would pose in front of dead children and at the same time, ask for more funds to help them.

That has to be one of the most bad taste & pig ignorant remarks I've ever read anywhere.

Shame on you! Confused

apparently this idiot was edited his posts to delete the line about the President and children- at least i can't find it. says a lot about his mental state...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:

Shame on you! Confused

apparently this idiot was edited his posts to delete the line about the President and children- at least i can't find it. says a lot about his mental state...

Yes. He seems to have changed his post which either suggests he does have a modicum of taste remaining to realise he'd overstepped the mark or that he's off his trolley.

I'm not sure which.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Looks like Adrook, a/k/a Cecil Louis Pease, a/k/a Oscar Wilde, a/k/a Cane Rat or whatever he chooses to go by is bored again today and just looking to stir up crap again.

Pretty pathetic. Same old MO. Makes an inflammatory comment out of the blue that has no basis in fact, goes over the line with a comment such as the "dead children" remark, then edits out the more derogatory statements once he gets a couple of responses.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am amazed at how ignorant some people are. Anyone who has been to Cameroon knows that it is only sport hunting that is pushing back against the black tide that promises to eat everything.

The damnation of democracy is that this guys vote counts the same as yours.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
What i see is a photo opportunity with some harvested trees in some country.

The size of those logs would make anyone driving by give notice and see if they could take there picture by them for size relationship.

Many country's harvest trees each year for consumer products.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
p'raps he saw them and thought he'd just stop for a moment & try to log on?........ & then twigged it woodn't work! animal

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Or his varying blood alcohol level?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like some people have a problem with sustainable use? As long as its done right, forestry is sustainable and necessary.

As far as I know, Adam does not have any concessions in the CAR or Cameroon. He was a client hunter 6 years or so ago, as I recall from his posts.

Garbage like this drives folks from forums. I haven't seen Adam on here for a long time now.

Posts: 10988 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I do not know hunter54 anymore than any of you so I am not siding with him but I do know and hear of many of Adams shady moves so lets be careful to put him on a pedestal. Raul Ramoni has spent years developing his concessions in Tanzania for lion quality as well as other species and had the huge risk if in fact it did not happen of Adam undermining him and taking them away. I do not know the outcome but I do know of the underhanded dealing that was going on. Have never hunted with Adam, will never do so, do not wish to disparage anyone but his recent efforts are clearly real. Those of you that know me know that I am no troll but this guy is anyting but what you see. I do not plan to revisit this post or get into a pissing contest and have avoided bringing this out but it is what it is.

Just my 2cents.

York, SC

posted Hide Post
First post is just plain distastefully stupid and won't comment.

Post by BigBBear I think is just as distasteful and based only on his opinion with no factual substance. I don't understand how someone could go on a public internet forum and say something bad about someone just from what they hear. Would be very easy for BBB to contact Adam before promoting his biased opinion to everyone else. I guess when someone is one of the top guys in the industry there will always be those who will go out of their way to disparage another.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BBB,
Tell us what you really know , facts , we all want to know what happened between Adam and Ramouni ?
If you don't have facts do not mention things that you just heard as in our industry not everything we hear is true as you are aware.

Since you came with the issue now finish it although is not the topic of this thread which in my opinion is more than stupid.
Cheers

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
The more posts of hunter54 I read, the more I like my dog.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is always distasteful when people attack industry members without any evidence.... leave that to the antis.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

I know BigBBear personally. He is a stand up guy. His integrity is beyond reproach. If he says something, he isn't making it up.

More than one PH/Safari company that is viewed favorably here has business practices that are inconsistent with their on line reputation. They will all come out over time.

Having said that, I do think the comments about the picture are ridiculous.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Fellas:
It's going to hit near -40 tonight in Alaska at my home. I burn wood for heat. Am I going to be under attack next? I can post a pic of my wood shed!
Cheers,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
It looks like some people have a problem with sustainable use? As long as its done right, forestry is sustainable and necessary.

As far as I know, Adam does not have any concessions in the CAR or Cameroon. He was a client hunter 6 years or so ago, as I recall from his posts.

Garbage like this drives folks from forums. I haven't seen Adam on here for a long time now.

Bingo! trees are a renewable item. As long as you replant with the same species you can harvest and regrow and it actually helps the wildlife and land.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
Hunter 54 you need to grow up! That was on a hunt in Cameroon and I think all of us would take picture like that..It do makes for a good pic. Stop buying furniture instead...

Enyy is a bitch, everyone seems to have a hard on for Adam on this forum..

Yep.

And next we are going to have a go at outfitters and PH who smile next to a killed trophy animal ha?

Funny how this silly post came just as I was reading a book about some nitwit who was walking the Amazon river.

He hated hunting, and he claimed about 80% of deforestation was due to cattle farming!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Just shut this down Hunter54 is just a troll. Why doesn't the moderator just take it down. Serves no useful purpose as like all of his other posts.

DOJ,

If you don't like what he posts, you can use him as an example for others rotflmo

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexLonghorn:
First post is just plain distastefully stupid and won't comment.

Post by BigBBear I think is just as distasteful and based only on his opinion with no factual substance. I don't understand how someone could go on a public internet forum and say something bad about someone just from what they hear. Would be very easy for BBB to contact Adam before promoting his biased opinion to everyone else. I guess when someone is one of the top guys in the industry there will always be those who will go out of their way to disparage another.

There is a world of differebce between the original post and the post by BigBear.

The first post is just plain stupid.

BigBear's post states what he has heard and who he will not hunt with.

I get sent all sorts of information which people don't wish to post on the Internet.

Based on that, there are a number of well known outfitters and PHs I would not even dream of hunting with.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Fellas:
It's going to hit near -40 tonight in Alaska at my home. I burn wood for heat. Am I going to be under attack next? I can post a pic of my wood shed!
Cheers,
Cal

Cal,

I don't know how you can live in such a climate!

We are on a ski resort where the temprature hovers from 0 to -16 at night. And despite all the gorgeous scenery one has here, I am glad I am tucked in a warm bed when the temprature goes down at night.

I will take the Zambezi valley heat in October any day ove this!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
AMEN TO THAT. MY COLD TOLERANCE WAS DROPPED LIKE A ROCK AS I HAVE AGED. i would rather sweat than shiver....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like some cold and some heat, I could never live where the temp varies little or none. Boring.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
Guys, I do not know hunter54 anymore than any of you so I am not siding with him but I do know and hear of many of Adams shady moves so lets be careful to put him on a pedestal. Raul Ramoni has spent years developing his concessions in Tanzania for lion quality as well as other species and had the huge risk if in fact it did not happen of Adam undermining him and taking them away. I do not know the outcome but I do know of the underhanded dealing that was going on. Have never hunted with Adam, will never do so, do not wish to disparage anyone but his recent efforts are clearly real. Those of you that know me know that I am no troll but this guy is anyting but what you see. I do not plan to revisit this post or get into a pissing contest and have avoided bringing this out but it is what it is.

Just my 2cents.

tu2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here you are posing in front of Bongo habitat destruction and you look happy. WTF?

Guys I have only hunted Afirca once, so not extremely knowledgeable about bongo, But they appear to be about 5 feet high at the shoulder? I cant imagine they eat these huge trees, do they? Looks to me like a hell of alot of trees to replace these old trees in the back ground.
(and better game habitat)
Sounds like the same stupid dribble that we hear in Montana about logging.

I hate adding to a trolls post but this one struck a cord . (pun intended)

Posts: 265 | Location: Corvallis,montana | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Would someone please consider how the trees felt!
They had to endure the incomprehensible pain of being cut down...I can't go on...I'm weeping too hard!

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where does it say Adam Clements is proud of destroying wildlife habitat. This could be a picture that he could show others what is being done to wildlife habitat. I sure as Hell don't what his purpose for this picture is has anyone ask him? I don't know Adam and have never met him nor hunted with him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This could be a picture that he could show others what is being done to wildlife habitat.

A frown instead of a smile would have sent a different message.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The original post is beyond ridiculous. Have any of you ever had your picture taken around a snared animal. I have. Does that make me a poacher?

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote