THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    45-70 as the Ultimate Big Game Stopper.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45-70 as the Ultimate Big Game Stopper.
 Login/Join

not one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Many of us would not send hate mail..Take that 45/70 to Namibia and all will laugh at your...Results...

Mike

Will do Mike and I will be rocking and rolling over the game when I get there.
You on the other hand will be here posting on forums while I am gone. (who is really doing the laughing)
C

Posts: 451 | Location: no where | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
not one of us
posted Hide Post
Tankertoad,

Tell me about it. We all know 500grains or fat ass or Atkinson would be sending emails 10 or 20 a day.
Not that my PH would cancel a trip. But they would attempt to cause friction prior to my trip. Not that I really care what the PH thinks, just want him to do his job and lead me to the game without bias.
Besides I want to watch that look of amazement on his face when he watches this Marlin 1985CB blast the shit out of anything that gets in it's way

not one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Garrett must give these guys free ammo for keeping this B.S. going.

I am using my own handloads dipshit.
C

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Meltdown achieved.

And now for that famous 45-70 carbine that is going to rock and roll on oryx at 300 yards in Namibia:

Quote:

GOLDEN BISON IN BRILLIANT BRONZE SND BRIGHT BLUE CHAMBERED IN 45-70.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976414901.htm

Or for those really long shots:

Quote:

Siamese Mauser action in 45-70 with Fagen stock in gray laminate with bi-pod and supprssor.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976435094.htm

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
not one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey 500grain knothead?
No pics of a Marlin??
C'mon now get with the program.
C

not one of us
posted Hide Post
Bottom line is NO one can HONESTLY deny the 45-70 as a D/G stopper.
All they can do is justify the big bucks they spent on rifles they will probably never use off the local range.
C

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am NOT anti 45-70 by any means (I just bought a double rifle in 45-70!) but you have to be realistic in your expectations. I don't doubt that you can kill any DG will a 45-70, it has been done with 577-450 which is very similiar in the original loadings and the modern ones are better. Some people make it sound like the original loadings would be adequate and the fact the British hunters QUICKLY moved away from the 577-450 should show that they are far from ideal. The point is that it is not the "perfect tool" as some advertise it to be. Things like Garrett putting articles on his website that claim the higher the velocity the round the less penetration it has only add fuel to the fire! If I go to Africa I will take my 416 Remington but for brush hunting in the US the 45-70 double should be great!
Jason

Posts: 575 | Location: VA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
not one of us
posted Hide Post
Fair statement but not totally correct.
45-70 is not as powerful as other loadings, I never disputed that fact.
I simply state it has enough power to do the job on all D/G
and is still limited enough to add some adventure and excitement to the hunt.
To me that makes it the ultimate big game stopper.
C

not one of us
posted Hide Post
I regret even starting this thread.
No rhyme or reason with these people.
They simply hate only.
C

not one of us
posted Hide Post
Still haven't seen any real data to refute the 45-70 as the ULTIMATE BIG GAME STOPPER.

I don't think we ever will either.
C

not one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Yep, still here.Oh yeah, don't forget when you go to Namibia, to tell your PH how you have no respect for him or any PH like you posted above, be specific like whay you wrote that they are not really hunters. Only over there, you won't be hiding behind a keyboard, "Candy."

Hey Horhay, how's it going?
C