THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone hunted Namibia with Okatjeru?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hunted Namibia with Okatjeru?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have any of you hunted plains game with
http://www.natron.net/okatjeru-hunting/ in Namibia? There prices are very attractive. Just wonder about the quality of the facilities and trophies and professionalism of the staff. Rufous.

Posts: 224 | Location: Walla Walla, WA 99362 | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've looked at them too, but remember, they are quoting in Euro dollars, not US dollars.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Looking at their website, it's not a large property by Namibia standards-around 15,000 acres. They also charge mileage for travel to other ranches. That can add up fast.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Brian, the place looks good to me, the picture of the terrain makes my heart race. They may accept USD instead of Euros, its worth asking. Also I notice their homepage list far more animals on the farm then listed on their trophy fee list. I've been successful not paying for transfer fees to other farms when it has been agreed to ahead of time. I'm willing contact my PH in Windhoek and ask him about the place, just let me know. Rick

Posts: 80 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Their prices are still cheap even when multiplying the fees by 1.2 to convert to US Dollars. Some places have cheaper trophy fees but the daily rate when staying in the tent camp is very inexpensive. Price even includes the 15% tax. As Boise said it is hard to say if one would need to hunt other ranches. Rufous.

Posts: 224 | Location: Walla Walla, WA 99362 | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might check out the hunt reports and see what Trademark Texan had to say about his Namibia hunt with Kamanjab Trophy Hunting.
If you want to look more into it then check out
www.hunters-hq.com
I sure enjoyed hunting Namibia in 2000 with my wife.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rufous, I had a quick look. The tents are self catering? Does this mean you cook for yourself? In any case, please see my recent hunt reports on hunting at Farm Felseneck. Several posters here have hunted there. I had a great time. Off hand, the farm may be bigger than yours and seems to be in the same general area.
Peter.

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The tents are self catering? Does this mean you cook for yourself?

Just a clarification. I saw this on their web site.

Tent Camp (Maximum two persons per tent)

- � 50.00 per tent (Self catering)

- � 75.00 per tent (3 meals per day)

Main House (Full Board all meals inclusive)

- � 120.00 per person/night

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not know for sure but the charge for transportation to other ranches may apply only if you are leaving this ranch and going on to stay at another location.In this case the first operation might charge to transport you from the airport to the ranch.If you elect to go and hunt with a second outfit the first would charge you a mileage based fee to transport you to the second outfit.I have made such arrangements in the past...eyedoc

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems like a really well-priced operation, especially for those that don't mind missing the hot-tub on their 'wilderness safari'

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have not hunted with them, but met a husband/wife in capetown that had just finished a hunt with them and the wife was a writer for "The Hunt Report".

They gave me very good feedback and said they had a great time, harvesting the bulk of the Desert species and they both got very Gemsbok.

Can't give any more accurate info than that, good luck!!!!

Don Martin.
EndlessSafari.com