THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Another facility cancels the African Hunting Expo in Ontario

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another facility cancels the African Hunting Expo in Ontario
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted
It never ends..................

Just got a message from SCI Canada, have at it boys and girls. This is about as low as you can stoop to cancel as the show is setting up!!!

ALERT!

CANADA NEEDS YOUR HELP

Hunting is under direct attack and we need your help now. Today the African hunting events show was asked to leave the venue as they were setting up.

The Borgata banquet facility waited until the African Hunting events show was setting up to kick them out of the venue, citing that they feared for the safety of their property.

The event coordinator offered to hire off-duty police for security to no avail.

We need your help to let these people know that we are hunters and we, too, have rights.

We need you to send an email to them, go to their website and call to let them know we are not taking this lightly.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Their website is: www.borgata.ca.

Call: 905-760-1548

Their address is:
Borgata Wedding and event venue
8400 Jane St.
Vaughan Ont
L4k 4l8

Meanwhile, the event has located an alternative venue. It is:

Premier Place
696 Westburne Drive
Vaughan, Ontario
L4K 4V5
Telephone: 905 879 0172. Their website is: www.premierplacebanquethallwedding.com.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
When are we as hunters going to WAKE UP and realize that public option is real and affects our sport.

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
It never ends..................

Just got a message from SCI Canada, have at it boys and girls. This is about as low as you can stoop to cancel as the show is setting up!!!

ALERT!

CANADA NEEDS YOUR HELP

Hunting is under direct attack and we need your help now. Today the African hunting events show was asked to leave the venue as they were setting up.

The Borgata banquet facility waited until the African Hunting events show was setting up to kick them out of the venue, citing that they feared for the safety of their property.

The event coordinator offered to hire off-duty police for security to no avail.

We need your help to let these people know that we are hunters and we, too, have rights.

We need you to send an email to them, go to their website and call to let them know we are not taking this lightly.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Their website is: www.borgata.ca.

Call: 905-760-1548

Their address is:
Borgata Wedding and event venue
8400 Jane St.
Vaughan Ont
L4k 4l8

Meanwhile, the event has located an alternative venue. It is:

Premier Place
696 Westburne Drive
Vaughan, Ontario
L4K 4V5
Telephone: 905 879 0172. Their website is: www.premierplacebanquethallwedding.com.

I will let them know how I feel for sure! But I think its important to remember, and why we are seeing this happen more frequently - is that 99% of the time hunting is NOT a right! I hear that all the time, "they" are taking away our rights - well, that's not true. Its a privilege, and one we all need to start fighting harder to protect.

I hate to see this for those involved, and hunting as a whole! Mad

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
The anti's are smart. They know that if they disrupt these events, they may cause the organization to think twice about doing it the next year. The exhibitors spend a huge amount of money to participate in these events. While they do not want to see the anti's win, in the end they only have so many dollars to use for marketing and if the disturbances and last minute changes in venue mean they have dropped $20,000 or $50,000 to do a number of shows that tank.......... eventually they are going to stop attending those functions. It's just the bottom line and our foes know this. If the exhibitors stop booking the booths, the show(s) crater.

Sadly, the response by hunters in taking these facilities to task is dismally low. As with all things, mostly they can't be bothered if it is not directly affecting them. Complacency and the tendency to just let someone else do it for us is our achilles heel.

The whole thing is rather depressing because if we cannot get the majority of hunters fired up, it is all over with before it begins. No one is going to pay attention to a handful of hunters who have the wherewithal to hunt lions and elephant, especially since most of them are getting older and fewer by the day.

Even with this particular situation......... how many hunters in Canada do you think belong to SCI? The majority of Canadian hunters have no idea this is happening and further more, probably do not know about the shows and if they did wouldn't be attending anyways.

Hell, localized publications aside, we are down to pretty much just one major Canadian fishing and hunting magazine due to others being bought up and absorbed. By the time the everyday hunter learns about this....... if they even get the magazine, it will all be said and done.

Mobilizing the majority of hunters, who do not really belong to a lot of organizations, never mind internationally focused ones, is the biggest problem confronting us.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leopards valley safaris:
When are we as hunters going to WAKE UP and realize that public option is real and affects our sport.

Dave this is so true. We should stop worrying about the antis and focus our attention on the general public, they are the ones to who we must prove that hunting is a conservation tool. We will never in our lives change the views of the antis, but we can change the opinion of the general public. PHASA is doing a great job with this, but we as hunters and operators must clean our industry and regulate ourselves. We are sometimes our own enemies by not speaking out about unethical practices and greedy so called hunters, some of the photos and videos are really bad for our image. We cannot tolerate it anymore, it creates the wrong image with the general public, which in the end are the opinion makers.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
But I think its important to remember, and why we are seeing this happen more frequently - is that 99% of the time hunting is NOT a right! I hear that all the time, "they" are taking away our rights - well, that's not true. Its a privilege, and one we all need to start fighting harder to protect.

It depends. In the USA, hunting is indeed a right. It is a natural right and as such the government is restricted in how it manages hunting. In the rest of the world rights and privledges come from the king or government so there is no recourse for whims of the rulers other than public opinion.

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
it's called breach of contract ... damages in the millions ... that is a language all businesses understand.

if I had traveled hundreds of miles, transported my booth and contents, only to be told "sorry we fear for our facility" I would sue them for costs, foregone sales/bookings, business interruption, and every other thing the law allows.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent a scathing e mail to the venue who cancelled at the last minute. Real Canadians have more integrity than that, "new Canadians" are questionable at best. I might be wrong on this so I just scathed them for lack of honor and integrity in doing business

Picture of Anthony A
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
The anti's are smart. They know that if they disrupt these events, they may cause the organization to think twice about doing it the next year. The exhibitors spend a huge amount of money to participate in these events. While they do not want to see the anti's win, in the end they only have so many dollars to use for marketing and if the disturbances and last minute changes in venue mean they have dropped $20,000 or $50,000 to do a number of shows that tank.......... eventually they are going to stop attending those functions. It's just the bottom line and our foes know this. If the exhibitors stop booking the booths, the show(s) crater.

Sadly, the response by hunters in taking these facilities to task is dismally low. As with all things, mostly they can't be bothered if it is not directly affecting them. Complacency and the tendency to just let someone else do it for us is our achilles heel.

The whole thing is rather depressing because if we cannot get the majority of hunters fired up, it is all over with before it begins. No one is going to pay attention to a handful of hunters who have the wherewithal to hunt lions and elephant, especially since most of them are getting older and fewer by the day.

Even with this particular situation......... how many hunters in Canada do you think belong to SCI? The majority of Canadian hunters have no idea this is happening and further more, probably do not know about the shows and if they did wouldn't be attending anyways.

Hell, localized publications aside, we are down to pretty much just one major Canadian fishing and hunting magazine due to others being bought up and absorbed. By the time the everyday hunter learns about this....... if they even get the magazine, it will all be said and done.

Mobilizing the majority of hunters, who do not really belong to a lot of organizations, never mind internationally focused ones, is the biggest problem confronting us.

We as hunters need to be smarter and think like the general public and anti's do. As you mentioned Skyline, the average Canadian hunter may very well not be aware of the show's cancelling. It is important we use social media to spread the word, just like all the bleeding hearts made such a fuss about Cecil the Lion.

anthony@meplat.com.au

Posts: 4 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 13 January 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
it's called breach of contract ... damages in the millions ... that is a language all businesses understand.

if I had traveled hundreds of miles, transported my booth and contents, only to be told "sorry we fear for our facility" I would sue them for costs, foregone sales/bookings, business interruption, and every other thing the law allows.

Organizers of hunting events need to realize this will continue to happen. Contracts need to be clear that last minute cancelations would need to be financially costly to the venue.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree that contracts should be written to allow recovery of damages for unjustified cancellations. It might also be prudent to tip the odds in our favor by not trying to hold events in Ontario, where both the city and provincial governments already have an anti-hunting track record. The antis are everywhere, but they are more effective in some areas than others.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Organizers of hunting events need to realize this will continue to happen. Contracts need to be clear that last minute cancelations would need to be financially costly to the venue.

Extremely costly!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote