New
Find
Notify
Tools

Africa is coming to Georgia in 2011
 Login/Join

posted
Good afternoon,

As Africa's leading Hunting Magazine, we've been planning to launch an Africa Only Hunting Show in the USA for quite some time.
The show will be held on 14 & 15 January 2011 at the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead, Atlanta GA.

No sheep, no deer, no bears, no turkeys......
Only African Hunting Outfitters and equipment that relates to Hunting the Great Continent of Africa.

Entrance fee: $40 for both days or $60 which includes a year’s subscription to the African Hunting Gazette.

Please feel free to contact me on craig@thefuture.co.za if you have any questions.

We hope to see all the AR members there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The federally imposed, mandatory last day of duck and goose hunting throughout the US is January 30. States are free to close their seasons earlier, but I don't think many do. And frequently, the last week or so provides the best hunting of the year, as more ducks move south, at least at my lattitude.

When you plan your next show, you ought to keep that in mind.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be sure to put out reminders, I would like to attend but with my memory I am likely to forget about it between now and then.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto JPK. I go to the DSC every year and am usually punished by missing some of the greatest duck hunting of the year. I wish the show was mid-week. I don't mind missing work.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

In future, we'll keep the wingshooting season in mind.
The reason for the show falling on the 14th & 15th of January is to allow many of the exhibitors time to get to Altanta from Dallas, and enough time after the show to get to Reno.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASG:
Good afternoon,

As Africa's leading Hunting Magazine, we've been planning to launch an Africa Only Hunting Show in the USA for quite some time.
The show will be held on 14 & 15 January 2011 at the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead, Atlanta GA.

No sheep, no deer, no bears, no turkeys......
Only African Hunting Outfitters and equipment that relates to Hunting the Great Continent of Africa.

Entrance fee: $40 for both days or $60 which includes a year’s subscription to the African Hunting Gazette.

Please feel free to contact me on craig@thefuture.co.za if you have any questions.

We hope to see all the AR members there.
What about hunting agents?? Will you allow them to exhibit?? Will they only be allowed to display African hunting safaris??

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there.

Feb would be the best month however. But then you have leftovers as far as hunts after Dallas and Reno.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just passed along your information about the show to our local chapter SCI president and hopefully he will pass the word along to everyone. I would really like to see this be a success since it is right in my backyard.

Also just sent out word of it to some friends in RSA that are PH/outfitters.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I surely would like to see the proposed exhibitor list as it matures.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Be sure to put out reminders, I would like to attend but with my memory I am likely to forget about it between now and then.

Forget what????

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
I too miss a good week of waterfowling to be in Dallas. This past show was the best week of duck hunting of the entire year in middle TN. I will make them pay in two weeks when I get back to Africa. FYI: The NWTF show is in February (Nashville). It draws a huge crowd and has set attendance records the last two years. There's always going to be a hitch in setting show dates, and getting the right slot means making it or not. Best of luck with the show. I'll come if at all possible.
Cheers,
David
PS: check your PM's

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Does this mean some of the outfitters banned from SCI/DSC have a new home?

All joking aside, I hope this is a success.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Culpepper:

Ditto, also. Count me in and please give updates well in advance.

Posts: 158 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is good news , please keep us updated, I know of a few folks that would attend.

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
Look forward to attending. Thanks for a great magazine!

Dave

Posts: 927 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies gentlemen.

Some of the finest and most respected outfitters in Africa have already registered and no, it's not a new home for shady outfitters that have been kicked out of other hunting shows and professional hunting orginisations.

Some of the outfitters that will be at the show include Martin Pieters Safaris, Game Trackers Africa, African Field Sports, Shona Hunting Adventures, Omujeve Safaris, Stormberg Elangeni Safaris, just to name a few.
I'll keep you all updated as the exhibitor list comes closer to completion.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish you the best with this, SCI needs an attitude adjustment.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Sounds good tu2
I will be there.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
ATL being a mere three hour drive from my home, I suspect I'll be there too.

That will make THREE hunting shows in January for little ol' me.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will,

did I just read you describing yourself as "little"?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see that I am not the only one that hates that these other events come during duck season.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ASG,
How about a link to the convention?
Thanks!

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
ASG, how is the intereste so far? do you have a list of exibitors yet?