THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Save up for a hunt one day, or sell off excess firearms and go now?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Save up for a hunt one day, or sell off excess firearms and go now?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Deon
posted Hide Post
I've gone on the trip. Maybe you guys should read the entire thread before you post. I put the link on my previous post to the hunt report.

"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact."

Posts: 131 | Location: Umshwati, South Africa | Registered: 20 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Deon,

Keep the 3-7-5 and let the others go. There is nothing you can't hunt with it. Solids for the little guys and ele, 250 gr softs to reach way out there and 300 gr softs for buffalo and eland etc. Hunt now. As others have said you never know what's around the corner.

Mark

I agree with Mark, keep the 375. As good an all around gun as you will ever find. Get a quick detach scope mount and a backup or low magnification scope for close up DG work and what Mark said about the rest

old saying...fear the guy with one gun cause he probably knows how to use it

Rory

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deon:

Read your hunt report. Glad you made the trip. Nice bosses on that buffalo. I also like your choice of keeping the .416 RM. Most versatile caliber on the planet. It will do it all.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote