New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever Tried To Kiss A Lion?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67011 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Tastes like pork!" thought the lion.
And she went there just wanting to hug an animal. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pulicords
posted Hide Post
‘I should have died or lost a leg. It was a miracle that I survived,’ she said. Fagen said the big cat was being ‘very, very friendly’ before the attack hinting she may have been lulled into a false sense of safety.

Darwin must be laughing. coffee

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Tanzania 2012: http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/8331015971
Saskatoon, Canada 2013: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4121043/m/7171030391
Las Pampas, Argentina 2014: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4107165/m/1991059791

Posts: 260 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: 19 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ever Tried To Kiss A Lion

Every night when your married to a red head

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Darwin must be laughing. coffee

Unbelievable that these people survive, and breed. I think Darwin is rolling over in his grave.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderfull that they love the animals and want to help. Incredibly naive about how to accomplish that and not realizing that the animals do not have human emotions and values. I have a daughter who absolutely believes that animals sense your intentions and respond in kind.

Posts: 10036 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Proof once again that the gene pool has a shallow end. 2020

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13397 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this was the lion that grabbed the girl? This is from 2010 when my wife and I did a photo tour of KNP. A trip to the Moholoholo was part of the package. This was the only male lion there at the time.

Yeah, we were close, but not that close. And yes there's an electric wire at the bottom the chain link, makes me wonder if it was off or broken when this incident occurred.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've been there before also and didn't observe any craziness among the staff or anything glaringly dangerous. Maybe an isolated incident. The male lion was called "Big Boy". In spite of safety and precautions taken, there's always at least one individual in every group whose DNA strands have never quite properly wrapped, and who has watched to many Lion King re-runs with their stuffed lion from Out of Africa sitting next to them.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
there is no cure for stupidity. the gene pool needed another dose of chlorine but unfortunately the dose was too small. she will live to reproduce/hug another lion another day. i especially love a few online comments about how the lion really didn't mean to hurt her- IT ONLY MEANT TO EAT HER! oh well, Simba, better luck next time- and with fools like this, there will be a next time...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
She is a special kind of stupid. I guess she watched The Lion King movie one too many times. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never tried to kiss a lion, but before I cut back on my drinking I have woken up next to a hippo.

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
505: yep, how true, I was married to one once and fully agree.

Jdollar: You're wrong on that, getting et up by a lion would cure her DNA shortages. Too bad it didn't happen. Just might have ended that link before it was spread.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5946 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Cats seem to bring out the stupid in people.

Dunno whether anybody has been to the Lion Park outside JNB. In fact it may not even exist anymore.

But back in the 70s when I was at Wits (University of the Witwatersrand), there were often stories in the paper about tourists (especially, for some reason Asian tourists (Taiwanese mostly)) who would get there, and when they were driving through the area, would go ape and throw open the vehicle doors and run at the lions to hug them. Most lions would think "WTF" and move off a bit, but the results were predictable.

They had signs all over warning you to stay in the cars and keep windows closed - in many languages. It IS possible that the Chinese signs were in a form of "Engrish" to the Chinese, but even if the grammar sucks you can usually make out what they mean.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote