posted
Check this out:

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Eeker Yikes! How long is that flat dog?

Posts: 3910 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
According to the email it was 22'

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

That was here a while ago. In real life was around 14 feet if I remember correctly. Trick photography.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike, I didn't know. Sure looks big though!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would think someone who was retired from the Navy, around water alot, could tell this was a dressed up photo!!! Wink

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
I would think someone who was retired from the Navy, around water alot, could tell this was a dressed up photo!!! Wink

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Why would you expect an ol' salt to recognize anything special about a fresh water croc?? Wink

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

you wouldn't even need to dress it up. just mOve the villagers back about 4-5 feet behind the croc with him laid out on the wall and VOILA!! THE ORIGINAL PICTURE WAS CLAIMED TO SHOW A 22', 2500 LB. CROC.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13429 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
definitely trick photo. A 22' croc will look fat and heavy tailed. This one looks slim & sleek.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this same photo has been on Facebook supposedly from the Zambezi. Has also been in the Fisherman magazine as being shot in Zim in a dam. In the fisherman mag photo you can see a cigarette packet in the foreground that gives you more scale and they reckon around 15 feet. All those people are standing about two or three metres behind it. Like guys said above...trick photography.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Well, I didn't bomb many of those...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

How many bombs DID you drop from the mighty S-3?

Whistling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish I'd thought of that when I shot my fifteen footer.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

That was good Jorge!

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Looks 12 plus to me.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Whistling

Across my career? several thousand tons probably and that's not including DST 36s, MK55s mines, etc. As to where? well other than the obvious places like Fallon, Pinecastle & Viequez, The first Gulf War comes to mind (dropped some Rockeye there on Falaka Island), Eldorado Canyon and I guess I should include DST 36s off Tripoli and Tivat as well. Then we can always fast forward to OEF where as ship's company I was fortunate to fly a few missions with the Tomcat Squadrons (back seat) but it still was fun. That answer your question? Cool

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Whistling

Across my career? several thousand tons probably and that's not including DST 36s, MK55s mines, etc. As to where? well other than the obvious places like Fallon, Pinecastle & Viequez, The first Gulf War comes to mind (dropped some Rockeye there on Falaka Island), Eldorado Canyon and I guess I should include DST 36s off Tripoli and Tivat as well. Then we can always fast forward to OEF where as ship's company I was fortunate to fly a few missions with the Tomcat Squadrons (back seat) but it still was fun. That answer your question? Cool

Relax Jorge! Just a Hornet driver jerking your chain! Cool

Tanker Posit?? Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Whistling

Tanker Posit?? Big Grin

Need gas? Big Grin

I didn't know that you were a Hornet guy!? Besides you know us support guys have fragile egos!!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Whistling

Tanker Posit?? Big Grin

Need gas? Big Grin

I didn't know that you were a Hornet guy!? Besides you know us support guys have fragile egos!!

You know us Hornet boys ALWAYS needed gas!

Yep, I was at Cecil Field. Sounds like we were there at the same time. I too am familiar with Fallon, El Centro, Pinecastle, & Viequez. I was there with you during the first Gulf War as well. On the Teddy Roosevelt. Remember Falaka Island very well! Seems a lifetime ago though, eh?

beer

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
yep, a lifetime. I was at Cecil 83-86, 89-91, 92-93 and last 96-98. You should see it now. BOQ's gone and a lot of the old buildings. CG has my old Hangar 860 and over on your side, all kinds of commercial stuff. Miss the old days.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of CBNHNTR
posted Hide Post
Miss the old days too. Mike boat driver from 81 to 85 on LHA, Granada, Nicaragua, Lebenon. Lost some good friends in Beruit.

O yea that mud dog is no more than 14ft (just to keep on topic).

Posts: 162 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote