THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Safari knife choice, one that really works great!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari knife choice, one that really works great!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bright colored handles on a first rate knife with a AR logo for members discount priced. How can you go wrong? Work on the deal!!
We can even use it on nonDG in the states.
Push for the sheath options.
Robert

Posts: 115 | Location: Garner, NC | Registered: 09 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tim_Wegner
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys

I'd love to supply a knife to any and all who would like one.

Here is what I can do:
The Professional Hunter -Lite which is made offshore has an MSRP of $ 59.95.

I can sell them to you guys in a package deal for a total cost of $ 42.50 per knife.
The PH Lite can be had in orange or black and with or with out serrations.

This price includes:

# 1. Our landed manufacturing cost.

# 2. Fedex Ground Shipping. Anywhere in the Continental USA.

# 3. It also icludes a name laser etched on the blade.

I will also etch the AR forums logo on the blade.(If Saeed will give us his blessing and permission to use it).

If any of you want the premium U S made S30V version of the “Professional Hunter†selling at an MSRP of $139.95 the cost will be $ 86.50 each for the same type of package deal, but it will only apply to the G10 handled version.

You can check both models out on our website.

The below text contains some of my personal insight on the knife's design and intended use. It was written with the original S30V/G10 model in mind but still applies to the PH-Lite model as well.

“The Wegner Professional Hunter’s Knifeâ€

Most people look at a hunting knife as being primarily a skinning knife and neglect five other very important tasks:
field dressing, quartering, boning, disjointing and caping.
Another task that must be mentioned is the use as a survival tool in the event of a backcountry emergency.All of the above tasks can be accomplished with one knife and without the aid of an ax or a saw.

Being an avid hunter I designed the Wegner Professional Hunter to be a multi-tasking knife that will accomplish all that a back country hunter requires of it in the field and still keep it’s edge. It is ideal for large Whitetails and Mule deer but really excels on moose and elk sized game.

The concept of using one knife to do all the field work saves on the hassle of having to carry the extra weight of three or four specialty knives far into the field. The modified Loveless style semi-skinner blade is dropped just enough to open a carcass without snagging the paunch. The blades skinning belly is comprised of a gradual sweep that works great removing the hide from the largest game by using an even rocking motion utilizing the blade's full belly rather than the tip.

The knife's tip is strong and sharp and not only aids in opening up the body cavity, but more importantly, its’ sharpness gives it the ability to perform intricate cutting chores where precision control is required. The thin flat ground S30V blade is just right for cutting flesh, but will take heavy abuse such as the demanding jobs of disjointing and quartering.

The thin non-slip G10 handle was designed to fit all hands with or without gloves. The large “V†opening hole makes deploying the blade an easy one handed operation. The handle is ergonomically shaped and comfortable for long periods of time in all configurations. The spine has 3 sets of serrations for precision finger placement and control when performing delicate cutting operations. The choil is also serrated. All of the serrations serve to give one the ability to index the blade so you know where the tip and cutting edge is at all times. The handle has double nested liners and a rock solid liner lock that’s built to withstand the toughest field conditions.
The handles open construction allows for easy cleaning. Just a wipe down in the field and a thorough hot water rinse back at camp and an occasional drop of oil on the pivot screw is all that is necessary to keep the knife in good working order.

A piece of nylon cord in the thong hole comes in handy working in deep snow or over water.
Ever dropped a knife in 3 feet of snow?

Top it all off with a total weight of 4.3 ounces the PH is light enough for daily carry.

These are just some of the considerations that went into the design of the Wegner Professional Hunters knife and were derived from my 35 or so years of field experience.

Cheers!

Tim Wegner
Designer/Manufacturer
President
Blade-Tech Ind. Inc

Posts: 99 | Location: McCleary, WA | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Wegner, this is indeed a very fine offer, thank you very much! How do you prefer us to place our orders? Through your web-site?

If our gracious host Saeed allow the use of the AR logo on the knife, I believe that he or Don have a copy of the original file of the logo. If not, our member cchunter, who designed it, has it.

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Count me in! As Marterius said, 'How do we order?"
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great deal and I would want one, have been looking at this knife for some time after reading a great write up about your folding hunter by Steven Dick in Tactical Knives.please let us know how to order.

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since I loose my knives almost daily, I have allways just used box cutters for skinning my game, never the less I would go for one of these, how many characters can we get in our name. Mine has a lot........ And also how do we go about ordering

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Since this discussion took a new turn with Tim Wegner's post, I started a new thread on the subject! Smiler

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1411043/m/881103133

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote