Find
Notify
Tools

More Pictures For Your Enjoyment
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

These photos were taken on our South African safari last year.

Selection One

Selection Two

[ 10-16-2003, 14:53: Message edited by: Saeed ]

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

More great photos, thanks for sharing.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting the pictures, Saeed.
very nice!

David

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great Saeed!!! Thanks.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 20 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thank you very much for these wonderful photos that wake so many memories and filled my heart with this overwhelming �sweet-bitter� feeling.

Thank you once again.

B.Martins

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

Is that a Green Mamba in the tree?

[Eek!] [Eek!]

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Rick,

I doubt it, but that is what I told everyone as I got closer to take the photo [Big Grin]

I am afraid I am in everyone's bad books, after having played so many practical jokes on them. I have this problem of being misunderstood. Whenever I tell someone the truth, they don't believe me, and get into trouble, and whenever I tell someone a joke, they take it seriously, and I end up in trouble again [Confused]

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just as with the boy who cried wolf you now have a target of suspicion on you eh?
Very fine photos. I believe I remember you saying you were using a Canon 10D but it appears you have multiple lenses or a super zoom. Which do you feel you use most often? Are you setting the iso at particular speed or changing it? Thanks for the treat.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Love those photos!!!

I just can't wait to get over there and see it all.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Frank,

These photos were taken a Nikon D1x and a Fuji S1 Pro. Lenses used were Nikon 80-400 and a Sigma 50-500.

I just zoom until I can bracket what I wisht to take a photos off. Most of teh time on maximum zoom.

I still have the Nokon, but my wife uses it most of the time, so I bought a Canon D1s.

I am looking forward to the new Sony 828. Which has an 8 MP censor, 7x optical zoom, and can take 640x480 videos at 30 fps.

I know, it does not compare with the Canon D1s, but I like to have just one camera rather than two to take both still and video of my little daughter, who has just turn one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the snake is a boomslang . . . but I'm not sure. The head isn't elongated enough for a mamba, and green mambas are more central than south african.

I'll post a link to the photo on a herpetology discussion forum that I get on and see what they think . . . and if I remember when I get home, I'll send it to my brother in Jo-burg (a herpetology ph.d. candidate there) and see what he thinks.

Troy

Posts: 285 | Location: arlington, tx | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I posted a photo of the snake, and the consensus was that it was harmless colubrid in the genus Philothamnus . . . commonly called the Green Bush Snake (there are 4 very similar species - not enough detail in the photo to tell which).

Troy

Posts: 285 | Location: arlington, tx | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have had requests for more of these photos, so I have made a selection and put them on 3 CDs.

Details of these CDs are available on our Contest Forum.

Digital Photos Giveaway

one of us
posted Hide Post
Friend Saeed,
Dibbs!
I think I may have posted enough to qualify for the 3 digital photo CD's, if the rules are still the same as before.

Your generosity is incredible!

Do I need to send a PM with address?

I have been printing the pics and filing them for future artistic reference material. They are excellent in the extreme. Thanks again.

[ 10-19-2003, 09:44: Message edited by: RIP ]

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote