New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Leopard Blind Situations?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My client Bill Holscher 3 years ago, was sitting in a blind with the PH in Tanzania, both had blankets wrapped around them because of the bugs..Bill felt a warm breath on his forearm and a purring noise, slowly looked around and Yep, a male Lion was IN the blind and his nose was smelling Bill, who screamed lurched forward, scared hell out of the Lion who did a summersault backwards, the PH like to have had a kitten, and old Leo, a pretty darn nice well maned Lion walked off about 20 feet and coughed at them..Bill passed on him because he had no tail and it was the first day of his hunt, he has alway regretted not shootin that Lion, as it would have made some fine memories, he shot another Lion days later...Bill got another nice lion this year and a dark ORANGE/black colored Leopard, what nice Leopard that was, trophy of a lifetime.

Posts: 41834 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We were sitting in the blind and the sun was just setting when the leopard shot up the bait tree. The ph didnt see him as he was reading a book I had just handed him. I touched Robbies knee as I settled into the gun. I did the capstick thing and picked a rosette on the point of his shoulder and squeezed off just after rob told me to bust him. The cat came out of the tree like a helo blade and when it landed headed straight for the blind. The grass russled as it came in and slammed into the front of the blind, rob then jumped up on his chair with the shotgun and was peering over trying to find the cat. I was afraid to chamber another shell at first because I didnt want to make any noise, but when he ran into the blind I jacked in number two and things became real quiet. I was then that we realized that the trackers had tied the door shut from the outside and we had to cut our way out. Now we didnt know where the leopard was exactly but it had to be close so we snuck away from the blind circling to the bait tree. We could only give it a few minutes as it was getting dark so we started to follow the blood trail which lead us back to the blind and a very dead leopard. That cat had bounced off the front of the blind and died six feet away and we couldnt see him until we steped on him. Now it became very funny and we both had a good laugh as the trackers pulled up in the land cruiser. I got to tell you though I was very excited for a few minutes.

Posts: 294 | Location: carmichael,califoenia,usa | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just Lucky...

What a interseting story and you wrote it great, well done. I'd love to read more of your stories.

Posts: 151 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote