Find
Notify
Tools

Data protection
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
This could be directed at the lawyers here.

Just posted on another Africa Hunting site and got immediately banned for a PM?

My understanding is a PM is a private message.

There must be some data protection act.

Not that I am bothered but some may pass sensitive information under this format and should be protected.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To be honest, I would not consider anything on the internet truly secure.

I don’t know what your conversation was- but either the other fellow reported it as a problem, or they are monitoring for commercial traffic or whatever their hot button issue is and it triggered.(as a lot of sites are money makers, one of the nice things about AR is it’s not…).

Even on the PM’s here, they retain them for 6 months, and I presume they could search them if they had to…

I think by using someone’s SM you give up a privacy right to it…

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
As I have said before, AR has no interest in your data.

We do not read members PMs.

We do not gather any data on members.

Frankly, AR is about as free as anything you get on the Internet.

Free of everything.

And as some of my friends keep saying, we are all brain free too!

And very proud of it. clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
As I have said before, AR has no interest in your data.

We do not read members PMs.

We do not gather any data on members.

Frankly, AR is about as free as anything you get on the Internet.

Free of everything.

And as some of my friends keep saying, we are all brain free too!

And very proud of it. clap

And a tip of the hat to you Saeed for keeping it this way all these years.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Not that I am bothered but some may pass sensitive information under this format and should be protected.

Is it possible the PM was shared with the site owner?

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

You didn't subtly explain to the person via the PM how you planned to use him for Leopard bait in great detail? Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Looks like it was because I posted a link to a safari company? Links must be a red card. I sorted it but Saeed is right AR is extremely liberal compared to other sites.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like it was because I posted a link to a safari company? Links must be a red card. I sorted it but Saeed is right AR is extremely liberal compared to other sites.

A very sad situation.

Other websites ban the mention of AR.

How stupid is that??

We are not competing with anyone.

We support all hunting and shooting websites.

They can be mentioned and linked here without any problems.

We encourage that.

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most sites including hunting sites are there for only one reason to make money and most sites are privately owned so they can do anything they want. They are a business. It's sad in todays money hungry world that so many people have reduced the love of hunting to just a business to make money. I worry that too much greed will slowly dissolve away the true sportsmen and hunters to the point that it is like professional sports... Show me the money...

I have to agree that a big thanks you to Saeed that he has kept this free and open. It is a refreshing change from all the other sites.

Posts: 591 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I have been here 17 years. I like it here. The other forums are fine too. But I'll stay here. Thank You Saeed.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1263 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtElkHunter:
Most sites including hunting sites are there for only one reason to make money and most sites are privately owned so they can do anything they want. They are a business. It's sad in todays money hungry world that so many people have reduced the love of hunting to just a business to make money. I worry that too much greed will slowly dissolve away the true sportsmen and hunters to the point that it is like professional sports... Show me the money...

I have to agree that a big thanks you to Saeed that he has kept this free and open. It is a refreshing change from all the other sites.

You are correct and in order for me to post or simply hint that I am an Operator/PH they expect sponsorship. Most of my posts have been deleted.

AR is a breath of fresh air.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Yep banned without reason?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is actually one of the reason I started AR.

I recommend a PH I have hunted with on another site, my post was deleted and I was warned not to recommend anyone who is no advertising on that site!

It dawned on me that there is a place for a non commercial site, where everyone, client and those in business, can participate and enjoy themselves.

Been working so far.

And I appreciate your participation here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I confess that I have cheated on occasion and explored other African Hunting sites, but they pale in comparison to AR and I don't even bother anymore. This is the greatest African Hunting site out there. Thanks for hosting it for us.

Much appreciated.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too thank you Saeed for your generosity in offering us AR with no advertising, and letting PHs offer their services here openly.

It was on AR that I discovered Andrew Baldry with whom I have enjoyed (5) safaris so far, and looking forward to #6 next summer.

I read AR every day and have learned much within the forum, and have also bought a number of hunting rifles & shotguns here as well.

Again, thank you so much for bringing a lot of Africa to me through AR!

Posts: 2624 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote