Tools

How bad are Booking for 09-10
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dla69:
I should have been clearer. I'm interested in a free-range PG hunt.

I can and do offer absolutely free range hunting for quite a number of PG species.

Do contact me if you really want do undertake some ethical free range PG hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I guess I live in a parallel universe because I don't see the discounts that everyone is so anxiously waiting for. I got a quote yesterday from 3 different outfits for a 6 member group bow hunt in '10. Not one of the 3 quoted anything but the prices right off their new '09 pricing and none offered a group discount. What does that mean? To me it means that these folks are not crapping their pants about the economic situation in the States or anywhere else.

I have offered several safaris here and some with very good pricing but only two of these offered hunts are truly discounted and these were both with the same outfit.

I know this sounds like a broken record but waiting around for some pie in the sky deal is apt to give you a scenario like this. "We were not there at the ideal time so X was hard to find, I couldn't take as much time as I would have liked to because work is really busy, the kids are X, I had to take what seats were available on the planes etc. I didn't get a chance at X,X,X bcause the quota for those animals was already shot BUT I saved $50 a day. How come that does not sound like a good deal? Oh! I forgot. "Buying the airline tickets on short notice cost me a boat load more but I still saved $50 a day".

Mark

Mark I seem to remember you and I in a friendly debate about waiting to book and discounts.
I also seem to remember saying if you were right there would be no deals, you wait and you lose, you could tell me. If I was right I would tell you.
I have counted over 20 discount hunts you posted since April 17th
I suspect you will have 20 more posted by the end of Aug. Ready to man up and eat your words???

I have hunted some of the top companies in Africa at huge discounts. Tan. Bots, and Zambia Not everyone can pay full price. If you can travel on a months notice you can and will get deals and you will be able to hunt places and animals you never thought you could afford.
In fact working on one now, just booked 2 business class tickets with points, totally free.
Even your plane ticket line does not hold water.
Discount hunts are good for both the hunting company helping them sell their excess unsold hunts and helps the rest of us who cannot pay 80 grand for a 21 day hunt. So far 2 ele. 1 lion, one leopard and 3 buff.

Time will tell us...for sure.

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
No doubt economic conditions are tough all over the Planet.

However, I do not want to fly halfway around the world, on a Bargain Hunt with a company I do not know.

Hell!--- I got screwed by a company (and agent) that is very well known and is on this forum every day on a reduced cost or bargin hunt.

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 928 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodmnctry:
quote:

However, I do not want to fly halfway around the world, on a Bargain Hunt with a company I do not know.

Hell!--- I got screwed by a company (and agent) that is very well known and is on this forum every day on a reduced cost or bargin hunt.

Who was it???

I would hate to book something from that person!

PM sent!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Late-Bloomer:
quote:
quote:

Who was it???

I would hate to book something from that person!

PM sent!

Thanks buddy... thumb

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I would never fly half way around the world with for some company I did not know either. I too have been screwed by booking agent overselling area and time of year. Do your homework with the company, area and speak to the PH before you give anyone your money. Like I said. I have hunt some of the most expensive companies and areas at 40 to 60% off.

Don't ask for the name Not opening that can of worms again, Life's too short

My point was what Mark posted is not how it really is. Nothing personal Mark

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote