THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    ZIM:War vets force farmer to sell crocodiles for a song

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ZIM:War vets force farmer to sell crocodiles for a song
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
War Vets Force Farmer To Sell Crocodiles For A Song
http://news.radiovop.com

24/03/2010 11:49:00

Chiredzi, March 24, 2010 - Machete wielding and boisterous war veterans
chanting Zanu PF revolutionary songs on Thursday descended on former
Chiredzi white crocodile farmer Digby Nesbitt's homestead in the sugar
growing town and ordered him to sell his over 8 000 crocodiles worth about
US$1,5 million for a song or risk watching them slaughtered by the
liberation war fighters.

The war vets, ostensibly working under the instructions of police Senior
Assistant Commissioner Edmore Veterai, the Matebeleland North police
commander, who grabbed Nesbitty's crocodile farm last month, ordered the
hapless former white farmer to sell all his crocodiles for only US$150 000.

Fearing that his reptile business might just vanish like blue mist, Nesbit
complied with the belligerent war veterans order and sold all his reptiles
for a song which where then bought by Senior Assistant Commissioner Veterai
himself and his cronies.

Snr Ass Com Veterai grabbed Nesbitt's thriving crocodile farm in Chiredzi,
which used to be home to over 10 000 crocodiles which were bred for the
export market earning Zimbabwe millions of foreign currency every year.

Nesbitt, who fought a spirited battle against Snr Ass Com Veterai that
spilled into the courts, ended up auctioning his reptiles for a song under
the guard of war veterans who threatened to kill.

''I have no option save to sell these crocodiles for the amount which they
want me to sell them what else can I do if they tell me that they will kill
all of them, after all this property is no longer mine after the court ruled
that I must leave to pave way for Mr Veterai, where else can I take the
crocodiles to, I have to oblige with what they have told me to do,''said
Nesbitt.

He said after being kicked out of his crocodile farm , his focus was now to
leave from real estate as he owned several buildings in the sugar cane
growing town of Chiredzi.

''Crocodile farming was my life but my life has to move on after losing the
land under which I carried my project, life has to go on because there is
nothing really which I can do,''he said.

Some of the war veterans who confronted Nesbitt were putting on T-shirts
emblazoned with President Mugabe's face and vowed to kick out all the
remaining white farmers in Chiredzi who they accused of sabotaging the
economy and ill-treating blacks.

Nesbitt was in December last year ordered by Chiredzi Magistrate, Mr Enias
Magate to have vacated his crocodile farming project in Chiredzi by February
22 this year to pave way for Snr Assistant Commissioner Veterai.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He should have let them into the adult croc pens...

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
My thoughts exactly. Another business that will not survive when run by thugs and interlopers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
wonder how old the vet's where??

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You beat me to that question!

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin last time I saw apicture of ZIM vet's there where all about 20 to 25 yrs old. and the corupt media neved did the math on them being vet's Eeker Eeker

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
He should have burned his home and cane fields and poisoned every Croc a month ago, then left in the night. The plague of Hell will find these vermin and the sooner the better. I despise having to read this stuff Mad

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that makes two of use David

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Truly disgusting. I just wish that someone (mainstream) would get the word out about this stuff.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
africa wins again- some things never change. is it any wonder why the only people investing in Zim are the chinese?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13390 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
uncle bobs math. destsroy 1.5 million dollars worth of regenerating capital for a one time shot. kinda sounds like black africa logic, or maybe its US logic now too

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
kinda sounds like black africa logic, or maybe its US logic now too

same thing, as it stands right now....

DRSS

Posts: 1167 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't sell them, open the gates and leave.

Let them deal with the crocs, would be fun to watch...

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ZIM is completely safe....hahahah once again, this leads me to find other places to hunt!

It won't be long till some Ph has the same thing done and some client get's strung up! Time is ticking....

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
War vets 20-25 yrs old??????
I had a run in with them in 2004 and some were 12/14 yrs old, I did ask which war they were veterans of and didn`t get a reasonable reply Mad

Posts: 203 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Snr Ass Com Veterai

I'm certain "Ass" was an abreviation for "assistant," but I can't help but conclude that it's more than applicable to Mr. Veterai, as written.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are guys on thes forums that have supported these people by hunting or otherwise dealing with those operating on confiscated lands and/or with guys who are in bed with ZANU thugs. In a way supporting these characters has enabled and emboldened them to continue on like a plague of locusts.

Posts: 402 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L. David Keith:
He should have burned his home and cane fields and poisoned every Croc a month ago, then left in the night. The plague of Hell will find these vermin and the sooner the better. I despise having to read this stuff Mad

Amen brother. Poor guys outnumber 10000 to one.
I wonder how the white people in Zim do it.
This just pisses me off.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

He should have burned his home and cane fields and poisoned every Croc a month ago, then left in the night.

When I first read this I said "Yeah, that's what I would have done! Mad"

But then I got to thinking, if I were in the same situation and someone with guns threw me out of my house, and then offered me $150,000, or walk away with nothing, I guess I would have taken the money. I don't blame the guy, I would have probably done the same thing.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
No, you would have first taken the money AND THEN BURNED THE HOUSE DOWN, DESTROYED THE SUGAR CANE FIELDS AND POISONED EVERY CROC. Mad

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TNJohn:
There are guys on thes forums that have supported these people by hunting or otherwise dealing with those operating on confiscated lands and/or with guys who are in bed with ZANU thugs. In a way supporting these characters has enabled and emboldened them to continue on like a plague of locusts.

No doubt that statement is true but the real culprits are the politicians from the western world who firstly sold the Rhodesians down the river all those years ago and in more recent years have repeatedly failed to take action against such dreadful human rights abuses, financial stuff ups and other lunatic political decisions and policies that have brought a nation once known as the breadbasket of Africa to it's knees.

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Obama's administration

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChetNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
the politicians from the western world who firstly sold the Rhodesians down the river all those years ago.

DINGDINGDING. We have a winner.
The chance for the west to help save this farm was 30 years ago. The milk has already been spilled. No one should be shocked at the result.
Our peanut farmer had no intention of helping in 1976. Our Kenyan has a similiar outlook today.

You are watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Posts: 348 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Exactly Steve/shakari & Chet!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
uncle bobs math. destsroy 1.5 million dollars worth of regenerating capital for a one time shot. kinda sounds like black africa logic, or maybe its US logic now too

sad but the parallel is certainly present.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:
"Snr Ass Com Veterai grabbed Nesbitt's thriving crocodile farm in Chiredzi"
Unquote.

The "Ass Commissioner" strikes again!

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
No doubt that statement is true but the real culprits are the politicians from the western world who firstly sold the Rhodesians down the river all those years ago and in more recent years have repeatedly failed to take action against such dreadful human rights abuses, financial stuff ups and other lunatic political decisions and policies that have brought a nation once known as the breadbasket of Africa to it's knees.

Yep...our very own Jimmy Carter, who is very much like out current president, was definitely to blame.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37732 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If we could just go back to the 60's and reverse much of the social policy that took place from that decade forth...the world would be a better place to live.

My kids could leave the house on a fine spring day like today and run-a-muck all day through the community with out fear of abduction and sexual crime.

I would be able to drive over to Juarez from El Paso and shop and stroll leisurely through the streets with out fear (actually probability) of being shot by the drug-cartel.

If members of the so-called "progressive movement" feel like the world has socially bettered itself from the 60's forward...they really are as stupid as I believe them to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37732 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
It is all the great conditions that allow 60 to
70 year olds to do this. Mad Sometimes the killing stops too soon.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About 25 years ago I was in a discussion about the "world situation" with a State Dept friend. I asked him "What do you think about Africa?". He replied "I don't. The USA could put it's entire GNP into sub-saharan Africa for the next 20 years and in the end have nothing to show for it".
He has been proven correct I believe. Zim is the example that proves the rule.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Amen Steve! If these were white politicians doing this to any other folks it would be cause for an invasion!

The world is getting very complicated to figure out for us commoin-sense oriented types.

JW

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
Big Grin last time I saw apicture of ZIM vet's there where all about 20 to 25 yrs old. and the corupt media neved did the math on them being vet's Eeker Eeker

We call them the Zanu - PF navy - because they were all semen in 1980

Posts: 280 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTHunt:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ddrhook:

We call them the Zanu - PF navy - because they were all semen in 1980[/QUOTE

yuck ]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck yuck yuck I was thinking CS cum stains