THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: AR's Cumulative African Hunting Experience
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: AR's Cumulative African Hunting Experience
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
1. 3
2. 45
3. RSA and Namibia
4. Blesbok, Nyala, Impala, Warthog, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra (Burchells) Common Duiker, Limpopo Bushbuck, Cape Kudu, Black Wildebeest, Steenbok, Black Springbok, White Springbok, Common Springbok, Cape Eland, Bontebok, Orbi, Cape Grysbok, Blue Duiker, Cape Bushbick, Kalarahi Springbok, Mt. Zebra, Baboon, Gemsbok, Greater Southern Kudu, Damara Dik-Dik, Mt Reedbok, Klipspringer and Rino.
4. 2000
5. 2002
6. 2004 For Leopard (again), always Kudu, any of the small cats, Warthog and Impala.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Now that the �trolling� seems to have settled down for the most part (with many thanks to Don and Saeed), I am hoping that this is a good time to pose this question/request. I would have posted this earlier, but the risk of it being hijacked by jerks was too high, and I am really hoping that it is taken seriously. The impetus for this thread is really because of those jerks threatening the health and welfare of this website.

Anyway, a friend of mine and I were talking about how incredibly beneficial Accuratereloading is to anyone wishing or planning to hunt in Africa, whether it be their first time or 30th time. The total African hunting and travel experience on this forum is literally overwhelming when you really think about it. We have guys that have hunted in Africa on the order of 20 times or so in a half dozen different countries spending hundreds of days in the field, all the way down to people planning their very first trip. We also have outfitters, PH�s, booking agents, and travel agents. The list goes on�

What I am hoping to do here is get a handle on how much African experience we have access to, as forum members and readers. In my simple mind anyway, it is a measuring stick of how lucky we really are to have this forum, and how valuable it really is. I can understand why some might not want to divulge personal information on the net, but I hope that everyone can participate for the benefit of the rest. I know we have done this in various ways before, but the threads were incomplete and are outdated and difficult to find with the search function.

So, here is what I am asking for, from anyone interested in playing along�

1. How many times have you hunted in Africa?

2. Approximately how many days have you spent afield?

3. Which countries have you hunted/PH�d?

4. Which species have you hunted? (I realize this could be a huge list for some, so a synopsis will do)

5. What year was your first trip?

6. What year was your last trip?

7. What are you planning next?

Anyone else that is in the �industry� with African hunting or travel experience that does not fit those categories, please post that as well.

I will try to summarize the number of years/countries/species at the end. I really think that this will be a testament to the value of AR for those of us wishing to learn about Africa and in preparation for trips. Where else could you get exposure to this kind of experience?

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Sincerely,

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Since I asked, its only fair for me to go first (with my limited experience )...

1) Once
2) 10
3) South Africa
4) Kudu, Eland, Impala, Gemsbok, Steinbok, Zebra, Blue Wildebeeste
5) 2002
6) 2002
7) A plains game hunt is about a year away, and a cape buffalo hunt is still in my dreams (2006 is my target for it to become a reality, however!).

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
1) Four times
2) 56 hunting days
3) RSA, Zimbabwe (twice), Tanzania
4) buff (twice), leopard (twice), most of the common PG
5) 1991
6) 2001
7) hippo & sable would be nice

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
1. 15
2. About 320
3. Zimbabwe, South Africa and Tanzania
4. Elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, hippo, hyena, jackal, eland, sable, waterbuck, zebra, kudu, blesbok, black wildebeest, blue wildebeest, impala, congoni, hyena, crocodile, common duiker, warthog, klinspringer, steinbuck, gresbuck, gemsbok, springbok, puku, nyala, etc.
5. 1982
6. 2003
7. Tanzania this year.

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Giraffe Hunter
posted Hide Post
1. 1
2. 10
3. Zimbabwe, Safari Trackers
4. Hippo, Giraffe, Plains Game
5. 2002
6. 2002
7. Cull hunt this October(zim) - Cow Elephant,Buffalo in 2006

Posts: 286 | Location: Corning, NY | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here goes
3RSA/Zim/Nam
4Buff and Genet-giraffe
7.6/12/04

eyedoc

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
. How many times have you hunted in Africa? 1
2. Approximately how many days have you spent afield? 12
3. Which countries have you hunted/PH�d? Zimbabwe
4. Which species have you hunted? cape buffalo, kudu, eland, tsessebe, impala, zebra, wildebeest, warthog.
5. What year was your first trip? 2003
6. What year was your last trip? 2003
7. What are you planning next? Lion/leaopard hunt in Tanzania in '05

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1) 2

2) 35

3) RSA/ZIM

4) Eland, Sable, Kudu, Bushbuck, Gemsbok, Impala, Zebra, Black Wildebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Springbok, Blesbok, Duiker, Grysbok, Oribi, Warthog, Baboon etc.

5) 2001

6) 2002

7) Egypt/Sudan/Tunisia/Burkina Faso 2004/2005

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I see Saeed has nearly a year's worth of hunting days!

My tally:

1. 3 Trips

2. 72 Hunting Days

3. Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe

4. Kudu, eland, nyala, impala, common reedbuck, Hartmann's zebra, mountain reedbuck, Burchell's zebra, blue wildebeest, buffalo, red duiker, blesbok, red hartebeest, steenbok, springbok, bushbuck, warthog, bush pig, grey duiker, gemsbok, giraffe, waterbuck. Some of these I have hunted but not killed yet, some I have killed several.

5. 2001

6. 2003

7. Buffalo, sable, more plains game. Who knows.....!

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1. How many times have you hunted in Africa? � 2

2. Approximately how many days have you spent afield? � 23

3. Which countries have you hunted/PH�d?-- Zimbabwe with 1.5 days in RSA

4. Which species have you hunted? � Cape buff; Kudu (x3);Impala (x?); Warthog; Zebra; Eland; Nyala (unsuccessful); Gemsbok; Sable; Klipspringer

5. What year was your first trip?--1995

6. What year was your last trip?--2000

7. What are you planning next?�RSA 2004 (in 1 month) emphasis on Nyala, Bushbuck, Waterbuck, Vaal Rhebok, then open; Ethiopia 2006 (booked); Namibia 2007 (planned)

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
Quote:

1.How many times have you hunted in Africa?

2.Approximately how many days have you spent afield?

3.Which countries have you hunted/PH�d?

4.Which species have you hunted? (I realize this could be a huge list for some, so a synopsis will do)

5.What year was your first trip?

6.What year was your last trip?

7.What are you planning next?

1. Once.

2. 14.

3. Zimbabwe. (Buffalo Range)

4. Hippo, Waterbuck, Zebra, Kudu, Impala(s), Bushbuck, Warthog, Baboon(s),Blue Wildebeest, vervet monkey(s).

5. 2003.

6. 2003.

7. May 30, 2005 - (Kazuma, Zimbabwe - Buffalo Range) Huge Buffalo , 45 "Sable , June 2005 - (Namibia - Boet Nel) Gemsbuck, more warthoggies, Hartebeest, Black Wildebeest. < !--color-->

Now of course, these "planned" animals may or may not show up at the appointed time and place but - they are invited < !--color--> Jeff < !--color-->

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
1. once
2. 17
3. Zim and RSA
4. Eland, Warthog, Zebra, Kudu, Buffalo, Impala, Sable, Waterbuck, Hyena, Genet, Reedbuck, Gemsbok and a Blesbok by my wife (her first kill.)
7. June 12th for Leopard In Zim.

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1. Two safaris

2. 23 days

3. Zimbabwe both times

4. Sable, eland, kudu, blue wildebeest, common reedbuck, tsessebe, oribi, common duiker, steenbok, impala, Burchell's zebra, warthog, baboon, black backed jackal and game birds. Also tried but failed on genet, serval, caracal, bushpig and bushbuck

5. 1995

6. 1997

7. What are you planning next? Getting well enough to go back! Likely target is RSA or maybe Namibia for more plainsgame hunting.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1. How many times have you hunted in Africa?----Twice

2. Approximately how many days have you spent afield? I spent 16 days each trip.

3. Which countries have you hunted/PH�d? --- Both in Zimbabwe. 1st was Ranch hunt 2nd in BigGame concession

4. Which species have you hunted? (I realize this could be a huge list for some, so a synopsis will do) 1st trip leopard and plainsgame. 2nd trip leopard, buffalo and plainsgame. Major trophies - leopard, buffalo, sable, kudu, waterbuck, eland and other plainsgame.

5. What year was your first trip? -- 1998

6. What year was your last trip? --- 2001

7. What are you planning next? --- Retireing soon so will look to pick up short-notice discounted opportunies in interesting places.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
1. How many times have you hunted in Africa? 4

2. Approximately how many days have you spent afield? 48

3. Which countries have you hunted/PH�d? RSA, Zim and Mozambique

4. Which species have you hunted? Impala x 3, Blue wildebeest x 2, Bushbuck x 2, Giraffe, Hartebeest, Steenbok, Springbok, Blesbok, Black wildebeest, Mountain reedbuck, Warthog, Hippo, Elephant, Buffalo, Leopard, Gemsbok, Kudu, Waterbuck, Zebra, Tsessebe, Common reedbuck, Jackal, Eland, Baboon, Vervet and game birds

5. What year was your first trip? 2000

7. What are you planning next? 2005 with my bother for RSA and Mozambique with 500nitro and Don Heath as PHs on the hunt if they will hunt with me again.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1) 5 times

2) aprox. 60 days

3) RSA, Zim (twice), Namibia, Ethiopia
4) warthog, blesbok, blue wildebeast, nyala, duiker, common reedbuck, cape buff, tsessebee, impala, greater kudu, lesser kudu, gerenuk, beisa oryx, neumans hartebeast, red hartebeast, grants gazelle, defasa waterbuck, leopard, common waterbuck, sable, gemsbok, eland, and maybe an etcetera or 2.

5) first year 1987

6) last year 1998

7) I am booked for the nyampala concession in Zambia for 10
days in August 2005. (it's been way to long!)

Posts: 322 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
1. How many times have you hunted in Africa? - 5
2. Approximately how many days have you spent afield? - 60
3. Which countries have you hunted/PH�d? - Mozambique, Tanzania, Zimbabwe (2); South Africa, Namibia
4. Which species have you hunted? Leopard (1); Buffalo (4); Most all the normal plains game,
5. What year was your first trip? 1994
6. What year was your last trip? 2002
7. What are you planning next? 2004

Posts: 6254 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to say I'm impressed.
Herewith, my modest experience:

1. Once
2. 14 in Africa.
3. RSA
4. Cape buffalo, kudu, eland, blesbuck, gemsbok, impala, wildebeest.
5. 2003
6. 2003
7. RSA in 2005 (nyala, waterbuck, warthog, hartebeest, then some marlin fishing. After that one, play it by ear.

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
1) Once
2) 16 years
3) Lado Enclave in the Belgium Congo
4) Elephant
5) 1902
6) 1918
7) Retired

Posts: 19317 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

Okay, I'll play.

Twenty Six trips

Five Hundred and Ninety Two Days

Zimbabwe twice
South Africa Twice
Namibia
Zambia
Ethiopia Nineteen times

4. Which species have you hunted? (I realize this could be a huge list for some, so a synopsis will do)

Not all of them yet!

April 2004
Feb. 2005

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
3 Safaris
46 days
TZ, Namibia, RSA
Cape Buffalo, Greater Kudu, Red Hartebeest, Black Wildebeast, Gemsbok Oryx, Steinbok, Warthog, Impala, Springbok.
2005 I hope but don't know where yet.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck: As per your request in order:

(1) 17 times
(2) 450 days
(3) South Africa (1), Zambia (1), and Zimbabwe (15)
Elephant (7), buffalo (6), lion, leopard, hippo, zebra (12)
eland (6), kudu (7), wildebeeste (black, blue & Cookson), puku, impala (hundreds-culling), duiker, grysbok, steenbok, baboon, (20), bushbuck (2), serval,African wild cat, gemsbok, genet, giraffe (5), hyaena, blackbacked jackal (5), klipspringer, nyala, waterbuck, tsessebe, reedbuck, warthog (4), bushpig, sable, Cape hartebeest, blesbok (common & white), and springbok.
(4) 1988
(5) 2004
(6) Whenever ???

I've posted the following previously, but for those who have not seen this quote...

"....Africa is undoubtly a most fascinating wild mistress. She gets a tenacious hold on most persons; bewithching, magnetic, that is almost irresistable, and once experienced, is never lulled into forgetfulness."
May French Sheldon

I believe the above just about sums it up.

Sakubona, J.L.S.

Posts: 96 | Location: Evergreen,Co., USA | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
1. < !--color--> All my life and would say over 1,000 hunts I have been on.
2. < !--color--> 5,000 or more
3. < !--color-->Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Cameroon, Uganda, Kenya
4. < !--color--> Just about everything, but still have many more to go
5. < !--color--> Do not remember it as I was just born but with my dad in 1968. First time to shoot an animal was 1973
6. < !--color--> 2003 Tanzania
7. < !--color--> 2004 Tanzania

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

1. 4 times.
2. 50 days afield.
3. RSA (twice), Tanzania and Zimbabwe.
4. Elephant, 5 buffalo, 4 zebra, 3 impala, 2 kudu, 2 warthog, blue wildebeest, Nyasa wildebeest, gemsbok, waterbuck, nyala, blesbok, duiker, eland, Thomson's, Grant's, crocodile, hyena, baboon (30 total).
5. 1998.
6. 2003.
7. Unkown.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

A marvelous idea...I'm just glad that you volunteered to do the final tally (you did volunteer, right?)!

1. 3 trips
2. 36 days
3. Zim all three times
4. Buffalo, leopard, kudu, sable, eland, waterbuck, impala, warthog, klipspringer
5. 1995
6. 2002
7. Ele maybe (if I can swing it). Of course, I'm always ready to go after buffalo again. Can't help it...I'm silly about them!

Mark

Posts: 607 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
What a great thread!
My meager experience:
1.One Safari
2.9 Days
3.RSA
4.Buff, eland, kudu,nyala, zebra, bushbuck(my wife's first big game)
7. Buff in Tanzania and more PG

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

1. Once

2. 18 total, 10 days hunting

3. East Cape, RSA

4. kudu, gemsbok, springbok (2) blue & black wildebeest, zebra, bushbuck, nyala, warthog, blesbok and impala.

5. 2003

6. 2003

7. nada for Africa; NZ - tahr/stag next month

-TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post

Once

14 Days
Zimbabwe

Leopard and plains game

June 2004, plains game RSA

Thanks for the thread!!

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1- 7
2- 175+
3- Zimbabwe
4- klipspringer,duiker,steenbok,oribi,impala,kudu,reedbuck,
eland,tsessebe,zebra,bushbuck,sable,waterbuck,warthog,
wildebeest,giraffee,leopard,buffalo,elephant
5- 1997
6- 2003
7- Zimbabwe 2004 elephant & lion

Posts: 70 | Location: So. Az | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Quote:

1) Once

2) 16 years

4) Elephant

5) 1902

6) 1918

7) Retired

I thought you looked familiar, I think I met you on an Ocean liner in 1912, on the way back from India to Mombasa!

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I have been 40 or more times on mostly extended trips of 30 to 45 days, taking in most all of the African continent to one degree or another for hunting, business, and visiting purposes...

In days afield I couldn't say but it would be many...I have been in the hunting industry off and on since 1954 and from one degree to another..I went full time booking with a fulltime job to boot in about 1981, then in about 1992 I retired from my real job and was left with my full time booking hunts. You can do that in this business btw..

I have shot most of Africas game in abundance, except for a Lesser Kudu and a Rhino and I have no desire to shoot a Rhino or dart one for that matter...I consider the Cape Buffalo the best of all hunting, and my interrest beyond the Buffalo is pretty much nil...I would be an avid elephant hunter but those days are gone and elephants are too costly..I don't care for cat hunting much either, but I do like to hunt plainsgame but to a lesser extent than buff....I have shot something over a 100 buffalo for sure, but less than my good friend Saeed, as he keeps uping the anti on me and I can't catch up!!...I need a good cull hunt to do that!

The last time I was in Africa was for about 35 days last year with saeed, then with my neice and Pierre...

I will return this year for a repeat performance with Saeed, but will only be there for 21 days, then I think I will be in Mozambique for a week or two before or after that hunt looking over a concession, and shooting some Buffalo.

I have been to many other countries also, and I hunt and guide some in the USA..I sometime lease large ranches for the hunting only in New Mexico and Texas. and I book for a number of folks all over the USA, and other countries.

I intend to go to Africa every year until I cannot go any longer, and I leave that up to the good Lord, as he has been kind to me so far and I have been blessed beyond anything I could imagine, its been, and is, the perfect life. My little fat buddy ( George Hoffman ) and I used to talk about how fortunate we were...I would not change a minute in my life and not a lot of folks can say that I wouldn't think, but I know that George and Mary could....

Trouble with these surveys on the internet is I can't remember all the questions, but I suppose I'm close enough for government work!

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
1. one time
2. 14 days
3. RSA
4. Oryx eland blue wilderbeast blessbuk springbuk impala worthog steinbuk duiker
5. 2002
6. 2002
7. 2005

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
OK, here goes;

1) 8 (or is it 9. Hey, I'm doing this from memory which is not a good thing at my age ) This does not count as separate hunts the times that I have hunted in more than one country or with more than one outfitter on the same trip (this would add 4 more).

2)approximately 180 days (over 200 if you count time "in country")

3)Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa (with minor excursions into Botswana and Zambia)

4)all the Big 5, other than rhino (although I am 0 for 4 on lion). Most of the common plains game species, plus a few less-common (like gerenuk, lesser kudu, fringe-eared oryx, Kirk's dik-dik,East African impala, etc.)

5)early 90's

6)March 2004

7)June 2004 to try for lion again

Jim

Quote:

1) Once
2) 16 years
4) Elephant
5) 1902
6) 1918
7) Retired

--------------------
Bill Stewart

Gee Will, you are doing amazingly well for someone your age .

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1. How many times have you hunted in Africa? 10
2. Approximately how many days have you spent afield? 200
3. Which countries have you hunted/PH�d? RSA, Zim, Namibia
4. Which species have you hunted? (I realize this could be a huge list for some, so a synopsis will do) A long list, from bat-eared fox to leopard, buff, lion, and elephant.
5. What year was your first trip? 1986
7. What are you planning next? Namibia, August 2004, for my holy grail, a 60 inch kudu.
8. Calibers used in Africa: 22 Hornet, 300 Win Mag, 300 Weatherby, 338 Win Mag, 416 Weatherby, 458 Win Mag.
9. All-around favorite caliber: 338 Win Mag followed closely by the 416 Weatherby. Third place, 300 Weatherby.

Posts: 64 | Location: SoCal USA | Registered: 16 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great question - it will be interesting to see the final tally. My modest experiece which was significantly helped by many here at AR.

1. One
2. 12 days
3. Zimbabwe
4. Eland, kudu, bushbuck, zebra, impala, warthog and giraffe
5. 2002
6. 2002
7. Another plainsgame trip this time to Namibia - got to have a good gemsbok and a mountain zebra rug.

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
1. Six times
2. Sixtyfive
3. RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe
4. Kudu, Gemsbok, Impala, Waterbuck, Reedbuck, Nyala, Zebra,
Springbok, Blue&Black Wildebeest, Bushbuck, Hartebeest,
Eland, Steenbuck, Warthog, Bush Pig, Blesbok
5. 1993
6. 2003
7. 2005 Plains Game in Namibia

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Three
Thirty-four
Zimbabwe twice and Namibia
Elephant, two buffalo, eland, kudu, red hartebeast, gemsbuck, blue wildebeast, black wildebeast, waterbuck, Burchell's zebra, Hartmann's zebra, blesbuck, impala, warthog, bushbuck, springbuck
Last week
Figuring out a way to pay my mortgage, power bill, phone bill, etc.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

1. 2
2. 26
3. ZIM
4. Elephant, buffalo, leopard, hippo and plains game
5. 2001
6. 2002
7. 2004 - elephant, buffalo, leopard

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

I guess I'm not the only member here with 0 African hunting experience. I can't wait for the AR book to learn from. Please publish it fast - I need a copy!

Good hunting and please keep posting on your experiences here!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote