WARNING about Northwoods Adventures
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Acer:
quote:
Who is JC500,

I do believe that this is a bogus posting by JC500...This is the same witch-hunt mentality that keeps folks from posting hunt reports here. Someone trying to help others being castigated by the peanut gallery.

tu2

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No one said that JC500 is lying.Some questions have been asked to help make things more clear that is all.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
http://www.africahunting.com/t...ds-adventures.18608/

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
http://www.africahunting.com/t...ods-adventures.8231/

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is JC500,

Made a negative post and ran. And it was his 1st post to boot.

We do not have a times or dates to review.

Kind of like:
Where are you located?
When did he first call?
Who did he talk to?
Why did he send a deposit with out a contract?
What are his interest in this?
What is he trying to achieve?
Is he a Outfitter or PH?
Does he operate a business like or close to the one, he is complaining about?
Is this a bash or negative being directed at SCI?
Did he contact his local district attorney?
Was the check mailed in the USPS?
If yes did he visit with their fraud department?
Did he make notes while talking on the phone?
Or did he record the conversation?

The simple posting has many holes, that leaves posters ASSUMING they have the right answers with out asking the proper questions.

I do believe that this is a bogus posting by JC500...

Why do you need times and dates to review? JC500 comes on here with a warning to other people about a shady guy, you take that info how you please. He doesn't have to supply you with any answers to your questions. Are you conducting the investigation for SCI? All he did was come and say "hey guys, watch this bloke he's dodgy and SCI want $500 to investigate"

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8030 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
What was this originally about again?

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
quote:
Who is JC500,

Made a negative post and ran. And it was his 1st post to boot.

We do not have a times or dates to review.

Kind of like:
Where are you located?
When did he first call?
Who did he talk to?
Why did he send a deposit with out a contract?
What are his interest in this?
What is he trying to achieve?
Is he a Outfitter or PH?
Does he operate a business like or close to the one, he is complaining about?
Is this a bash or negative being directed at SCI?
Did he contact his local district attorney?
Was the check mailed in the USPS?
If yes did he visit with their fraud department?
Did he make notes while talking on the phone?
Or did he record the conversation?

The simple posting has many holes, that leaves posters ASSUMING they have the right answers with out asking the proper questions.

I do believe that this is a bogus posting by JC500...

Why do you need times and dates to review? JC500 comes on here with a warning to other people about a shady guy, you take that info how you please. He doesn't have to supply you with any answers to your questions. Are you conducting the investigation for SCI? All he did was come and say "hey guys, watch this bloke he's dodgy and SCI want $500 to investigate"

yuck

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What we are learning here is that practically anything we hear regarding SCI, raise the ire of normal hunters.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68645 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Evidently, i may be the only one here, that book out 2 to 3 years for my African hunts.

I have not jumped in and secured a quick opportunity hunt. That is So inexpensive that you are making a steal.

So in reading the initial posting, many key points were lacking in the original post.

because if JC500 sent the money 2 to 3 years ago and is now bringing it to our attention, while it is important for consideration, i would like to know why it took so long.

Secondly, another outfitter could have made the posting and be bashing a competitor, and you guys do not think that is of interest. From the posting we do not know, therefor i think may be important to know.

If you want to continue to bash SCI keep going i will leave you at it...

Just some people would like to know more facts, concerning the proposed posting that everyone has chosen sides on...

Plus if my first posting on this topic were not made JC500 may never have come back...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
because if JC500 sent the money 2 to 3 years ago and is now bringing it to our attention, while it is important for consideration, i would like to know why it took so long.
Where did you get that information, it hasn't been mentioned anywhere in this thread?

Secondly, another outfitter could have made the posting and be bashing a competitor, and you guys do not think that is of interest. From the posting we do not know, therefor i think may be important to know.
Good point. Since we don't know who is whom on these here forums why don't you start by proving your authenticity? Social Security number and date of birth would be a good start

Plus if my first posting on this topic were not made JC500 may never have come back...
Have you considered offering your services to the CIA? Your enlightened questions would have prompted the involuntary regurgitation of valuable information and negated the need for the controversial waterboarding

Dear Lord, just as the conspiracy was ending another shooter is identified on the grassy knoll.

Does anyone know where Santa's sleigh is?!! I'd like to bag Rudolph and submit him for an SCI Gold Medal. space

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Bwana338 I think your looking to deep into this. Guy comes on and say's look out for Northwoods and Gary Strasser, I'm down a grand, be careful. Other people have posted that they have met the man or had dealings with him and think he's dodgy. That's enough for me to stear clear of him. Wink No need for a lot of questions, it is what it is. beer

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8030 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I imagine the fee is to stop them from being bombarded with frivolous and/or minor claims.

Yep.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys I have no dog in this fight but $6400 for 12 animals including accommodation seems very cheap... There can not be much profit there.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Philip,
Deals that are too good to be true usually are not good deals at all.
You get what you pay for in life and that goes for guns, safaris, whatever.

Posts: 10359 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Further, I have never complained at paying a little too much for something, and getting what I wanted vs paying too little and not getting it.

It pays to pay a little more sometimes.

Posts: 10359 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Yep
Too good to be true?
It most likely is
There will always be crooks and I'm thankful to AR for exposing them
I think without SCI and DSC we wouldn't know squat about hunting abroad so we should be thankful
They may not be perfect but they do tremendous work

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Lord, just as the conspiracy was ending another shooter is identified on the grassy knoll.

Does anyone know where Santa's sleigh is?!! I'd like to bag Rudolph and submit him for an SCI Gold Medal. space[/QUOTE]

Good post Mr.vvreddy. yuck

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
from personal experience i know that SCI has been charging this fee for at least 4-5 years( probably longer). i contacted Mr Strasser 10+ years ago about a plains game package he offered in the SCI magazine. the whole thing just felt sour and i moved on. seems like not much has changed....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13392 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just curious if all the doubters noticed that Arjun stated that he knows the OP personally....and it sounded as though he was vouching for him.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
JC500,

Sorry you got into this mess. Thank you for your warning to other hunters.

I, for one, couldn't fathom asking for money before a contract was given. Many times I have sent contracts to serious "tire kickers" so they know what to expect should they book.

Good luck in sorting this out.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is the sort of outfitter who should be avoided.

There many decent people offering this service, and don't treat their customers with this sort of disdained!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68645 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by INTREPID SAFARIS:
Guys I have no dog in this fight but $6400 for 12 animals including accommodation seems very cheap... There can not be much profit there.

There is if every enquirer is leaving behind a grand.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder what if any animals and accommodations one would get? What about the company around the campfire? What if Strasser is there himself trying to auction off a diamond ring while you are having dinner with your wife?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by INTREPID SAFARIS:

There is if every enquirer is leaving behind a grand.

yuck

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JC500
I was originally suspicious of your post, we have a history here of someone making a 1st post here giving a warning, attaching or defending someone only to discover that it was bogus.
I now believe you came here with honorable intent.
Thank you sir and please forgive me.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote