What's up with gunsmiths?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch:
LOL!

Bad example, though, mounting a scope isn't really gunsmithing. I mean, I've even managed to not screw that up....

Dutch,

There is much more to this project than simply mounting a scope. That is one of the reason's I've been cutting the man some slack. This is a very high quality DGR, and I want the top of the line. This is the best of the best, but the man can't keep a promise. That's what kills me.

I own a dental lab and make complicated implant cases with milled bars and spark eroded super structures. I usually get 5-7 days to make a precision device that will last the lifetime of the patient.

If i can do it, so should the Smith.

I should have it here this week...

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
N'Gagi, fair enough. Yet, I would wager a fair sum of money that you take home not a few more dollars a year than the 'smith you are talking about......

In other words, his lack of organizational skills are costing him dearly. Though I doubt that would make you feel any better (I know it wouldn't me, if it were my gun). JMO, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote