THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    BODDINGTON ON BUFFALO II and a new book released

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BODDINGTON ON BUFFALO II and a new book released
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Fulldraw Outdoor Media
posted
Just FYI...

I just updated Craig's web site to reflect the release of the new DVD, "BODDINGTON ON BUFFALO II". It is now available for ordering at the following link.

BODDINGTON ON BUFFALO II

UPDATED INFO:
Craig also has a new book out (as of 11-21-2007), TRACKS ACROSS AFRICA...ANOTHER TEN YEARS. It may also be ordered at the link below.

TRACKS ACROSS AFRICA...ANOTHER TEN YEARS

At fulldraw,
Tyge Floyd
Fulldraw Outdoor Media
"From Alaska to Zimbabwe...Have Cameras, Will Travel"

Posts: 142 | Location: Texas | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tyge. How goes it? jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a copy headed my way as we speak, so not sure but it should be another superior production. They put a lot of time into this one that should make it a classic.

At fulldraw,
Tyge Floyd
Fulldraw Outdoor Media

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tyge. I needed the reminder about the release date. Order enroute. I understand the footage is very good. Did you contribute?

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My only contribution is the web site, unfortunately. I worked for Safari Classics in 2005 but since then have been on my own. We remain good friends and continue to have a business relationship via the web sites I designed and maintain for them.

At fulldraw,
Tyge Floyd
Fulldraw Outdoor Media

One of Us
posted Hide Post
me2

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
I just watched the video this past weekend. It is 4 hours long and has alot of great hunting action. Emphasis is on hunting Dugga Boys rather than herd bulls. I recommend it to all!

Also, Russell AKA Bwanamrm,is pictured in the video with his Dugga Boy.

Try it, you'll like it!!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I got my copy last weekend. It is very well done, as are all of Safari Classics dvds. Highly recommended.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SC-Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that it's good; I've asked for it from my wife for Christmas.

Hey Tyge, good to see you around. Seems like it's been a long time since we shared those campfires in Africa... but it was just four months ago! -- Sean

Posts: 100 | Location: Clover, SC | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To those of you who have seen the new DVD, the following question:

The initial buffalo DVD from Boddington, had (I believe) about 2 buffs killed on camera. The remainder of the DVD was filled with hunting scenes (tracking along in the bush), a lot of discussion and some educational stuff. (OK, it is a while ago since I saw the DVD last, so if I'm mistaken, please bear with me). But as far as I remember, Boddington's two buffs were the "killing highlights". Is the new DVD also structured the same way - i.e. a bunch of material built up around 1-2 actual kills??

Sorry if I sound a bit bloodthirsty. I liked the original Boddington DVD, although compared to other buffalo DVDs (e.g. http://www.huntersvideo.com/index.php?partnerid=&lang=UK&pt=videos&video_id=3), I thought it was a tad tame - although very educational.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Mike- the answer is no. There's alot of footage of buffalo kills. Even has a cow buff charge where the PH and client open fire with double guns. Hunting action is from Zim and Moz. Many of the hunts do not involve Craig at all. Great interview with Harry Selby and well known Zim PH's like Barrie Duckworth, Andrew Dawson and Ian Gibson. Trust me, buy it, you'll like it!!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks John, that is a good recommendation. I'll order a copy - it is Christmas soon, after all... Smiler

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a copy but haven't been able to watch it yet. Hopefully this weekend.

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I have tried to buy through the web page or to create an account and it's impossible !!!

In country I put Uruguay and OUT of the US in another field and always gave me error.

It seems the Out of US field doesn't work Frowner

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"I want to make sure that you understand that this is not a replacement for the original Boddington On Buffalo. Rather, this is meant to complement that film in an entirely different format."

What different format? They're both on DVD.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with the web page...just this third world hunter doing mess.. Roll Eyes

I have done the purchase perfectly, I was skipping one of the fields killpc

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, there was a serious issue with Craig's website not long ago but according to his group email today, those issues have been resolved. So maybe, it wasn't you Lorenzo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There were some serious issues the day after the initial email notice of the release. The server/host had some major problems that effected the secure ordering process but those problems have been resolved.

On another note, as of today you can now order Craig's new book, "Tracks Across Africa...Another Ten Years".

Hey Sean, good to hear from you, bud.

At fulldraw,
Tyge Floyd
Fulldraw Outdoor Media

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had my copy of the book ordered for a few weeks and got it Monday. Good book!

Not only covers the last ten years of african hunting but he also writes a bit about what it takes to do the DVDs and show. And he explains the frocking fiasco from his side.

I'd recommend it!

Tyge gets a mention or two also.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't catch your meaning on the frocking fiasco. Please explain? I don't have that book.