THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Walter Killing A Hard Disk With The 700 Nitro Express

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walter Killing A Hard Disk With The 700 Nitro Express
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67425 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Great vid. Sure looked like a reduced load to me. Time to fess up. I'll bet you had to load it down to get Walter to shoot that cannon.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2315 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
please tell me one thing.
How did you manage not to switch cartridges at the very last moment? Big Grin

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I must be getting soft in the head!

I actually had a full power load in my pocket, ready to switch it with his reduced load.

But, that got me thinking, he has a bad heart problem, and I did not want to aggrevate that.

At one stage I almost did exchange it for a full power load, because he had me shoot 5 rounds picked at random - all reduce - before he decided to try it himself.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67425 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
this is actually the smart way to play it... let walter get comfortable doing his regular routine, then slip him the FP load when he LEAST expects it!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I think we know why you didn't slip Walter a full load... because it is too close to your safari. You would have spent the whole trip constantly looking over your shoulder for Walter's revenge. Even though I am sure you keep a sharp eye out for Walter's antics at all times.
Andy

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One round from the 700 did this to his trigger finger?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Walter's finger was damaged, several times, by air rifles!

I think it had happened about 9 times.

He gets an air rifle to repair. He always checks the power by cocking it, then putting his finger at the muzzle to block the air coming out.

He looks at the loading end of the barrel, and sees nothing, he proceeds to shoot his finger off with a pellet lodged half way up the barrel.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey 724wd - its very unfair of you to ask us to read about slipping some body a full load whilst having us watch that awesome video clip below your site name !!!!

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

He gets an air rifle to repair. He always checks the power by cocking it, then putting his finger at the muzzle to block the air coming out.

He looks at the loading end of the barrel, and sees nothing, he proceeds to shoot his finger off with a pellet lodged half way up the barrel.

Walter, you are the man!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's odd...I always thought the cartridge case stayed behind when you shot a round !!!!!!!!!

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
That's odd...I always thought the cartridge case stayed behind when you shot a round !!!!!!!!!

It's one of the new copper tipped brass bullets designed to comply with the California lead bullet ban. Wink Walter's hand size can be deceiving. Case in point ...

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOL !!!! You know what they say about a man with big hands.....he wears big gloves !!!!!!!

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that the rifle Walter will carry 10-12 miles a day on his next Elephant Hunt?

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You live a very difficult life - dealing with Walter every day. My IT department deals with our computers the same way - "oh well, it is under waranty".

Good luck in Tanzania - you will need it.

Posts: 10268 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Walter only wounded that hard disk Saeed. Didn't you instruct him properly on a brain shot? Smiler

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
can we get some official diagrams and pictures with the proper shot placement for hard drives clearly marked on them. I would hate you run into a deadly hard drive in the bush and not know where to place me shot correctly animal animal I have heard there more dangerous than my ex wife with pms rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

My Dad would never let me shoot his .25ACP Browning for exactly that reason.(Shooting your finger off!)

I note that by shooting his finger your friend has violated at least three of Col. Cooper's rules, not that it matters.

wave

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of emron
posted Hide Post
Saeed,why dont we have champions shooting the .700 nitro? are you afraid of personal injury lawyers?
JK,short for just kidding. In Dubai, I suspect you would consider them fair game!

Posts: 396 | Location: usa | Registered: 26 October 2008Reply With Quote