New
Find
Notify
Tools

A-Square Rifles???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My partner, Tye, is considering an A-Square rifle in their .460 A-Square Short.

I am looking for input for him on that caliber as well as their rifles.

Any thoughts or experience with either?

Has anyone dealt with the 'new' company?

Thanks for your in-put.

Sam

eclemmons@hotmail.com

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I don't know what the current product line is like since A-Square's reorganization.

I do know that the A-Square rifles I've handled before were very, very heavy, poorly-balanced, clumsy, and crudely executed and finished. I would not invest in one for my own use.

You can do better.......

AD

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your friend's rifle will be on an A-Square action, there is no reason to go with the 460 a-square short caliber. That caliber is intended to provide increased powder capacity for a standard action (model 70). In an Enfield, you can fit a full 460 weatherby, so there is no reason to go with a wildcat (460 A2 short).

Personally I would prefer a Ruger RSM in .458 Lott to an A-Square in 460 A2 short.

The advantage of the A-Square rifles is being able to get them in calibers not commonly available, like the 500 A-Square.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll second the big heavy and ugly comment and add that they are also somewhat expensive for what you get. Still if you have to have a .500 they may be a good way to go.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote