New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo in Mahange-Tanzania
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well guys I am booking a 7 day -two buff hunt in early September( 2007) here with Adam Clements-if anyone can tell me what to expect I will very much appreciate it.

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Bob,

This should give you an idea Mahenge 2005

I understand Adam is planning on setting up a new camp.

Also, DonG and Canuck are headed there this season. Look for their report later this year.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Chris and I are going to LU5, not Mahenge North.

MN is where Saeed went last year, so that video and trip report will tell a lot.

Adam says he has instituted anti-poaching patrols all year, so the hunting may be even better there now.

Don

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Don,

Sorry, I thought with all the GPS stuff on MH you were hunting there.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Don,

Russell Reese (TexasHunter) and I are hunting in LU1 the first two weeks in September. When will you be hunting?

Mike

Mike

Posts: 21261 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
MJines, Don and I will be in LU5 for the first couple weeks of Sept too. PM us with your dates...maybe we'll be at the Sea Cliff at the same time.

Terry, Don's been helping Adam out with satt photo coverage of his concessions. Don's a map junkie, which works out great for me cuz I am too. Smiler

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Terry,

I confess I have a problem with maps - but there is no 12 step program for cartophiles!

Speaking of maps, I wanted to thank you again for getting and posting all the maps in your pinned post on the subject.

Maps of TZ in particular are thin on the ground. I wanted to get a 1:25000 topo of LU5, but have been unsuccessful.

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help anything more from anyone.

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote