New
Find
Notify
Tools

Italian hunter killed from a Rhino
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The italian TV today says that an italian, Mr. Paolo Tarabini, the owner of the famous fashion company " Blumarine", was killed from a Rhino during a hunting (?)safari in Zimbabwe. Maybe tomorrow I will have more news.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308sniper
posted Hide Post
Thats why its called dangerous bame!!!

PETA: people eating tasty animals

Posts: 46 | Location: VA | Registered: 12 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mario, I'm curious too; I hope that you (or other members) will get some details about this accident. Anyway, you should write "Italian" not "italian" Wink

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
308sniper, you should write "game" not "bame". (I couldn't resist.)

Serious subject. I would be curious to hear the details.

Posts: 13873 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kensco, it's not a trivial remark (like yours), it's something more important, from an Italian to another Italian.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
www.corriere.it search 'blumarine ' .From my poor italian Tarabini was an experienced hunter and was looking for elephant when attacked by the rhino......Wildboar, in english we write Italy , but write italian.

one of us
posted Hide Post
hijack Mete, IMHO you should write "italian" if it's an adjective, but "Italian" (or German, French etc.) if it's related to a person and his nationality, as well as "English" if it's related to the language. Please understand that I don't want to offend anyone, and I'm not a wiseacre Smiler , so I will not insist anymore.

one of us
posted Hide Post
More news. Mr Tarabini was killed from a cow elephant,not from a rhino.He hunted with a friend, the photographer Claudio Castoldi. The Ph was Claudio Chiarelli. A cuople of elephant cows they charge the group. Chiarelli have shot one ma the other cow kill mr. Tarabini.He die after ten min.

ONORE AL CACCIATORE!

About Italian or italian I'm agree with Wild Boar, was my mistake.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My condolemces to the Tarabini family. Zimbabwe cow elphants have a well desreved reputation for being extremely dangerous. It pays never to take them for granted.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Co-founder of fashion house killed by elephant
By Malcolm Moore
(Filed: 08/05/2006)

The co-founder of the Italian Blumarine fashion house has been trampled to death by an elephant while on a hunting trip in Zimbabwe, Italian media reported yesterday.

Gianpaolo Tarabini, 67, was on safari with Claudio Chiarelli, a professional hunter, and Aldo Castoldi, a photographer, when they were charged by two elephants. His two friends escaped.

Mr Tarabini co-founded Blumarine with his wife, the fashion designer Anna Molinari in 1977.

Yesterday, the couple's daughter, Rosella flew to Zimbabwe to retrieve Mr Tarabini's body. "I will take him to our home, which for him and for all of us is the most beautiful place in the world," she said.

Friends said he had a deep love for Africa, and was an experienced trekker.

A post mortem examination was being carried out yesterday.

Mr Castoldi said: "They all stampeded. Claudio succeeded in shooting the first elephant, but not the second, which trampled Paolo." He said Mr Tarabini died 10 minutes after Friday's attack, and had asked to be taken home to Carpi, near Modena.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9501 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Condolences to the family. Such are the occupational hazards of all of us who choose to hunt dangerous game.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a sad result, but happens much less often than it might considering how unpredictable hunting can be.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Our Alpini (Alpine Soldiers) are use to say "To go ahead" speaking about theyr dead companions. I like this words a lot.
For this reason I'll use it for him
DG Hunter Tarabini has gone ahead

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Condolences to his grieving family & friends.

Posts: 48 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 23 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
interesting fact and warning to hunters to emerge from this unortunate incident.

The client had shot a big bull (stories range in the 80lb mark) and everybody was getting down to a serious photo session- when a couple of cows suddenly waded in. Rifles, were either hangin on convienient branches and chamber empty or in the gun rugs on the back of the truck... Too slow into action! It was at least half an hour betwen the shooting of the bull and the cow attack!

I have often been critisised for carrying my rifle loaded, safety on at all times- even on the gun rack on the back of the truck - I grew up in a country at war and then had dissidents, and then poachers to deal with. I still firmly believe that an unloaded rifle is an expensive club and a loaded revolver is a very effective tool in solving problems. ( a bullet through the ear or over their heads may well have turned the cows.)

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems a very unusual accident!
Do you think, in this case, can be a resposibilty of the PH?

mario

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
If you are in Africa voluntarily, then whatever happens to you is your own responsibility.

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On several occasions I have sat by the body of an elephant that I shot while the PH and trackers went to bring the truck back to the kill site. Usually I was only accompanied only by the game scout. My loaded rifle always remained within arms reach.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote