THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    I surrender what will happen if I leave my trophies with the importer
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I surrender what will happen if I leave my trophies with the importer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you go through a booking Agent, if so then I would be talking to him. He will have more clout than one client..If I had booked a client and that happened the PH and the taxidermist would be hunt'en a hole..

I would execpt a refund from the PH, You could take action but that would cost more than your loss, If he refuses to refund then you would be better off to just chalk it up to lesson learned, Use another Safari Company. I would contact the Professional Hunters Assn. for what good that might do, if any.

Sounds like he is a personal friend, so that adds complications to the exercise, so that part is entirely up to you and in reality, as usual, on the internet we only get one side of the story and don't know the terms of your contract and on and on..Hope this has been helpful. Your always better off to deal direct with your sourse as to seeking advise from others in such cases.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been faced with "HOSTAGE" attempts several times in last 10 years...not with Wells, but MOZI dip and pack agent, later Freight Forwarder in South Africa on same shipment. I got to the point of stating I am abandoning the trophies with BOTH, and again on shipment from South Africa on different hunt.
This seems to be a BIGGER and BIGGER problem and will eventually kill safari hunting if Outfitters and PH's don't get involved with deliveries to clients....
After threat to abandon, I received major price concessions and shipments received, one SA FF actually sent a cash refund and African carved mask as an apology/Olive Branch in the shipment!! I clear all of my own trophy shipments in US.
FYI, Richard Lendrum, publisher of African Hunting Gazette has just started up a dip and pack, shipping company...AHG Trophy Shipments.
Hang in there, be tough, threaten to abandon, they will come around....if they don't carry through and use the $4500 on your next safari!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2666 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I left big Kudu, waterbuck, impala, and Eland in Zim after my 2016 hunt because I wasn't willing to pay $3000 dip pack and ship. I did this all after discussion with the PH and before anything was delivered out of camp. I think most PHs would be happy if you told them you were going to shoot 1 or more animals as opposed to spending it on shipping.

Posts: 29 | Location: Utah | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I think you make a good point. If the hunt is really what's important why not shoot more and ship nothing? It keeps coming up how expensive safari is and not shipping trophies home plus doing no taxidermy takes a huge bite out of the total cost.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote