THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    DALLAS HOTELS AVAILABLE THROUGH DSC THIS WEEK
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DALLAS HOTELS AVAILABLE THROUGH DSC THIS WEEK
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks,

I spoke with DSC this AM and they told me an e-mail will go out to all members announcing that the blocks of rooms reserved for the '16 convention are available. Non members can reserve a room by calling DSC at 972-980-9800 later this week.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want to stay at the OMNI, book very soon. The block will fill up fast, many rooms already booked and, like Mark says, it only opened this morning.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2899 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I've got mine!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
So do I. It will be my first DSC show since about 2004. Looking forward to seeing the changes.

BillQuimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just booked my room. They gave me two Queens again. Only hope they're prettier than the last two!

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post Mark. Have not seen an e-mail from DSC yet, but that's not a big surprise .... Room booked.

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must have gotten put on the mother in-law list. Frowner

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Today they say the e-mail will go out on Thursday.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
If you want a room, just go to www.biggame.org (the DSC website) and click on the directed spots (Convention, then Hotel Reservations, then Attendee or Exhibitor as appropriate), etc.. That's what I did.

Takes about a minute to get a confirmation of your room by email. Pretty efficient and easy.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took care of it last night. 4 nights at the Omni.
I'm going to blame Karl for having me put on the mother in-law list.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done.

Thanks for the heads up Mark.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thx Mark,

I booked yesterday. I usually wait several weeks before I decide and the Omni is booked by then.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
We will see ya'll there!

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
I took care of it last night. 4 nights at the Omni.
I'm going to blame Karl for having me put on the mother in-law list.

Wait a minute, Cecil. I told them to put you on the VIP list, I'll rectify that mistake tomorrow. You'll probably get some free tickets or something...

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2899 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wait a minute, Cecil. I told them to put you on the VIP list, I'll rectify that mistake tomorrow. You'll probably get some free tickets or something...

Now you've gone & started lyin!
Dadburn Texan.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Booked at the Omni.

Man I'm organised this year!! I might go crazy and book my flights too!!
Wink
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having to make a decision this many months in advance if I'll be able to make DSC just to book a room is tough. I know you can always cancel the room later, but. Just one of the differences in Dallas and Las Vegas I guess? Thanks Mark for the heads up, I am sure lots of folks really appreciate it.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:

Now you've gone & started lyin!
Dadburn Texan.

Hah...just you wait and see.

Karl

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark.
Looks like Friday night is already filled at the Omni. Nuts. Ray

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I grabbed TUES. WED. THURS. nights. Thanks Mark.
Hope the Omni is better than the Fairmont.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Having to make a decision this many months in advance if I'll be able to make DSC just to book a room is tough. I know you can always cancel the room later, but. Just one of the differences in Dallas and Las Vegas I guess? Thanks Mark for the heads up, I am sure lots of folks really appreciate it.

Larry Sellers

you only need to book this far out if you want to stay at the Omni. i stayed at the Aloft hotel in Jan. directly across the street from both the Omni and Convention Center. made the reservation in Dec( 6 weeks out), paid $150/night, and it is a nice place. i walked to the various functions each night and to the Con Center each day.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry - Thanks for the additional insight into the hotel room situation in and around the DSC Convention site. This will help me and I am sure lots of others who are contemplating attending next year.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser
Sabatti "trash" Double Shooter

quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:

Larry Sellers

you only need to book this far out if you want to stay at the Omni. i stayed at the Aloft hotel in Jan. directly across the street from both the Omni and Convention Center. made the reservation in Dec( 6 weeks out), paid $150/night, and it is a nice place. i walked to the various functions each night and to the Con Center each day.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Wow Omni sold out in 2-3 hours!!

Jerry is right We have stayed at Magnolia, Sheraton Suites and Crowne Plaza and apart from the fact they are all within walking distance, they also run DSC shuttles and hotel shuttles which make getting in and out very easy.

In fact the nice thing about the Magnolia is that you walk out the back door and have a heap of restaurants to choose from in the evening.

K

One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
THE OMNI HOTEL IS SOLD OUT It sold out in under 3 hours. Plenty of other hotels though

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Darn, I missed it again. Is it too late to register for the 2017 convention? Confused

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
Just FYI , been busy and just found out about this, 4:00 thr. Omni not only sold out but as the Email Suggest to go ahead and book a room at one of the other hotels then to call and get on a waiting list at the Omni,, no need to call , thay have over 150 names on the list and are taking no more names.

went with the Aloft.

Posts: 132 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
good choice. $25/night cheaper, new hotel, short walking distance of everything. only drawback is it lacks a good restaurant.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess I ought to have my secretary book me a room at my usual place soon. What are the dates, exactly?

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Speaking of next year's DSC, where do you all go for the BEST steak in downtown Dallas? We already like the Dakota and want to try something new next time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are several, but I would suggest Pappas Bros. Steakhouse. Like any good steakhouse, it ain't cheap, but it is worth it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Gato, I think you meant Pappa's Bros. Same company.

Dallas Chop House is downtown. Just north of downtown is Perry's, Morton's, Nick & Sam's, Al Biernat's, and a few others.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're right. My bad. I eat at Pappadeaux's Seafood quite often and simply forgot the difference in names. I'm changing my original post.

I haven't tried it but I want to go to Al Biernat's, supposed to be excellent for both steaks and seafood.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
The chop house for the 30day salt aged ribeye is a stop I always have to make, but Bobs was probably the best steak I had this year with a fellow AR member.

Also Mormons was good and another one I forget the name of that was in a basement of a mall?

K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a steak house named Mormons? Do they deliver to your door? Hmmmm....

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Very good. Thanks for the good word on steaks.
Might even take a cab out to Pappadeaux's Seafood. Thanks Gato.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
the Omni sold out in less then 3 hours. I cannot figure that out. Can't believe there so many operators and the time it takes to book rooms that all went. Upset! Mad

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by retreever:
the Omni sold out in less then 3 hours. I cannot figure that out. Can't believe there so many operators and the time it takes to book rooms that all went. Upset! Mad

Mike[/QUOT

Mike: Lots of people are upset, no one ever thought it would sell out in less than 3 hours. I have heard from many people who thought the rooms were reserved by a few individuals to resell or hold for friends, etc. (myself included), so...I got a copy of the reservation list and found that not to be the case. For the most part rooms were booked one at a time. There were several multiple room bookings by outfitters and companies, some outfitters booked 3-4 rooms, a couple of large companies booked more than 4 rooms, so it appears the vast majority of rooms were booked individually and after the email announcement went out.

Karl

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let them have the Omni, it is too much trouble. I have happily stayed elsewhere all 3 times that we went.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 tu2 Same with me. Never understood the "attraction of the Omni. Might be neat to hear from those who hold the place in such high esteem as to their reasons.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser
Sabatti "trash" Double Shooter

posted by larryshores:
Let them have the Omni, it is too much trouble. I have happily stayed elsewhere all 3 times that we went.[/QUOTE]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry(s): For those of us that work (volunteer) 10 hours a day in the convention center and then attend the banquets at night, being able to walk only a few hundred feet to shower and change clothes is a godsend. To many of the exhibitors who spend 9-10 hours a day trying to sell hunts or services being able to walk the same few hundred feet to their room makes their job (and it is a job) a bit easier. Also, I'm told many hunts are sold in the hotel bars, restaurants and rooms after the convention closes for the day. But to be perfectly honest, if I were not attending any of the evening banquets and was not a volunteer or exhibitor I agree that another hotel would work just fine...

Karl

Karl Evans