THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    DALLAS HOTELS AVAILABLE THROUGH DSC THIS WEEK
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DALLAS HOTELS AVAILABLE THROUGH DSC THIS WEEK
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Re: Food

For those who want a real taste of Texas, I would be remiss if I didn't mention Pecan Lodge for some of the best barbecue in Texas, 2702 Main St, n Deep Ellum, just E of downtown.

My rec would be the beef brisket or beef rib.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Never understood the "attraction of the Omni. Might be neat to hear from those who hold the place in such high esteem as to their reasons.

I like the convenience & the rooms are darn nice. That's enough for me.
If it weren't for the Omni, I'd homestead at the Magnolia.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Or Baby Back Shack and Off the Bone just south of the CC.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
Or Baby Back Shack and Off the Bone just south of the CC.

Texans love to discuss Q, but IMO, not even close to the same quality of Q, but to each his own. Pecan Lodge is probably in the top 5 or certainly the top 10 in Texas. Those 2 would be somewhere fairly far down in the top 500. A second good choice, not too far away, would be Lockhart Smokehouse, 400 W. Davis, Dallas.

Definitely avoid the storied Sonny Bryan's.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote