New
Find
Notify
Tools

Real Sports with Bryant Gumble
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did anyone catch this piece on HBO? They found some woman that used to work for Dawie Groenwald to throw us under the bus. The statistics displayed by Bryant Gumble..total crap. I guess at the end he was referring to John Jackson. Another beatdown.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gumble has always been a nobody. Maggot to the nth degree!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Gumble is anti-hunting and anti-gun. There is not a sporting event that I want to see bad enough to listen to him.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is what he said about the NRA.

Come to think of it, does anyone imagine him being in his job for so long if he did not have this sort of sick views of gun owners??

"...There are a few things I hate more than the NRA. I mean truly. I think they're pigs. I think they don't care about human life. I think they are a curse upon the American landscape. So we got that on the record. That said, I'm willing to separate that this story had nothing to do with that. It's not a gun story. So I would like to think that I would have done it, but I don't know. Obviously, that was my first experience around killing and guns and hunting..."

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must have been a rerun. I think I saw this a couple years ago.

Gumbel is a typical entitled putz.

Posts: 11025 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Regardless. It will be seen by millions of people and casts African hunting in a negative light. They claim an 86% disapproval rating for African trophy hunting.

I think it is time for all of us to stop being dismissive of these onslaughts.

Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for bringing this anti hunter to our attention.Best we can do is ban theses people,organizations,from our lives and hurt them finacially.I hope every hunter on earth gets our message and does something, however little,in this war we are fighting.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
This is what he said about the NRA.

Come to think of it, does anyone imagine him being in his job for so long if he did not have this sort of sick views of gun owners??

"...There are a few things I hate more than the NRA. I mean truly. I think they're pigs. I think they don't care about human life. I think they are a curse upon the American landscape. So we got that on the record. That said, I'm willing to separate that this story had nothing to do with that. It's not a gun story. So I would like to think that I would have done it, but I don't know. Obviously, that was my first experience around killing and guns and hunting..."

Just another gun-hating democrat....

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CharlesL:
Gumble is anti-hunting and anti-gun. There is not a sporting event that I want to see bad enough to listen to him.

+1 X1000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37879 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I saw it. It was a total hatchet job. No resemblance to decent journalism. Disgraceful.

Whatever remaining respect I have for that show is limited to Bernie Goldberg's contributions.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13654 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One big problem with trying to correct someone like this is that the opposition is not reasonable.

If you were a celebrity and spoke out against him, the antis start a campaign to hurt your business, and you get repeated death threats.

At some point the left needs to read that line from the priest that went "At first they came for the Jews..."

This is modern day McCarthyism.

Posts: 11025 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
One big problem with trying to correct someone like this is that the opposition is not reasonable.

If you were a celebrity and spoke out against him, the antis start a campaign to hurt your business, and you get repeated death threats.

At some point the left needs to read that line from the priest that went "At first they came for the Jews..."

This is modern day McCarthyism.

Agree completely. That is probably our most significant problem is the inability to fight back on a level playing field. Even media......... all forms, including social media......... is essentially stacked against us and they go out of their way to make sure that the other side is not presented or if it allows it, it will be in a negative fashion that denounces it as it is presented.

Most social media, at least the sites that the majority of the general public utilizes, is left leaning and quick to delete or do a hatchet job on anything that defends our side of the equation. This is especially problematic as time has gone by and the newest generations have shifted away from the written form of media and have been educated in a generally left leaning education system.

It is all social engineering and we are fighting against a stacked deck. It is going to take some very serious creativity to fight this and be even partly successful.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1845 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
Last week I was with John Jackson and he made it a bit more clear to me as he deals with them a whole lot more than most .

He said they hate us so much that they do not see anything wrong in lying or fabricating stuff , anything to shut us down , irrespective of normal human behaviuor , respect or regard for human or animal life , such is the face of the enemy .

You add this to the fact that most make their money from sensational journalism filled with lies and deception , all we can do is respond with truth and facts and be relentless in our defense.

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True Believers, the scariest of all.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once again the antis and liberal media joined forces to portray hunting as evil and inhuman. They certainly must have spent a long time editing John Jackson's interview in order to portray him in such bad light.
Not one mention about conservation. The lady interviewed obviously had a personal agenda that was taken out on all of us.
We can preach to the choir, but our message has to reach the public at large

Tim

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish I would here more of what we did to them instead of what they did to us.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Bob Costas is another that I can not abide because of his anti-gun rants.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Interesting that they didn't talk to Ivan Carter or Buzz Charlton.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
they hate us so much that they do not see anything wrong in lying or fabricating stuff , anything to shut us down ,

Keep fighting fair, and we lose to this strategy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They clearly used some of Mark Sullivan's footage. I can't imagine that he approved of that. I e mailed him yesterday to tell him. Hopefully he goes after them.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
they hate us so much that they do not see anything wrong in lying or fabricating stuff , anything to shut us down ,

Keep fighting fair, and we lose to this strategy.

The Professor is correct. We can cry, and deny but we got our ass kicked again. I love how he insults John Jackson at the end. They just went ahead and made up their own anti-hunting statistics freely mixing hunting and poaching in the same conversation.

I for one am tired of not even getting the courtesy of a reach around.

Jeff

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Houston, TX – Houston Safari Club (HSC) would like to take the opportunity to comment on HBO's recently-aired feature on the status of the African elephant. The segment aired on "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel", November 24, 2015.

The piece focused on the declining numbers of African elephants. HSC applauds the investigative work of HBO's journalists in publicizing international poaching issues facing elephants today and those brave individuals fighting great odds to protect the elephant from poachers. HSC absolutely disagrees that legal, regulated, ethical hunting should be linked with poaching, as a primary reason for the elephant's declining numbers.

According to the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) (Updated African Elephant Database reveals declining elephant populations) published September 28th, 2015, African Elephant numbers have decreased from approximately 550,000 to 470,000 between 2006 and 2013. The decline in elephant numbers appears to be primarily a result of increased ivory poaching pressure. Habitat loss and fragmentation due to landscape-level land use changes also pose significant immediate and long-term challenges to elephant conservation.

Also, a study commissioned by HBO, was referenced in the episode (HBO Real Sports/Marist Poll). Some of the findings in the study were referenced. HSC would like to provide a response to some of those findings.

HBO REAL SPORTS/MARIST POLL

A majority of Americans, 56%, oppose hunting animals for sport, and most Americans, 86%, consider big game hunting to be especially distasteful.

65% of hunters disapprove of big game hunting.

HSC COMMENT

Of the 1,095 adults surveyed, only 11% were actually hunters or had hunted within the past two years.

75% of gun owners disapprove of big game hunting.

HSC COMMENT

The survey question was posed as follows: What about big game hunting, do you think hunting big game such as lions and elephants for sport is wrong and should be prohibited by law, is something you personally disapprove of but don't feel it should be illegal, or it is acceptable to hunt big game for sport?

The 65% was derived by combining responses from two separate questions: "Wrong, should be prohibited by law" (34%) and "Disapprove but don't think it should be illegal" (31%).

To classify and represent big game hunting by two species (lion; elephant) is not an accurate representation of the category.

The 75% was derived from the same methodology and questions posed to hunters, combining responses from the same two separate questions: "Wrong, should be prohibited by law" (48%) and "Disapprove but don't think it should be illegal" (27%).

Also, not all gun owners participate in hunting. According to a Pew Research Center survey conducted in February 2013, only about three-in-ten Americans (32%) said they owned a gun for hunting.

HSC believes in ethical and legal hunting standards, sustainable use-based conservation models and that hunting provides social, cultural and economic benefits to societies. HSC supports actions against poaching and opposes the illegal trade of animals and/or animal parts. HSC adamantly objects to any inferred connection of regulated, ethical hunting with poaching.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Writer:
Houston, TX – Houston Safari Club (HSC) would like to take the opportunity to comment on HBO's recently-aired feature on the status of the African elephant. The segment aired on "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel", November 24, 2015.

The piece focused on the declining numbers of African elephants. HSC applauds the investigative work of HBO's journalists in publicizing international poaching issues facing elephants today and those brave individuals fighting great odds to protect the elephant from poachers. HSC absolutely disagrees that legal, regulated, ethical hunting should be linked with poaching, as a primary reason for the elephant's declining numbers.

According to the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) (Updated African Elephant Database reveals declining elephant populations) published September 28th, 2015, African Elephant numbers have decreased from approximately 550,000 to 470,000 between 2006 and 2013. The decline in elephant numbers appears to be primarily a result of increased ivory poaching pressure. Habitat loss and fragmentation due to landscape-level land use changes also pose significant immediate and long-term challenges to elephant conservation.

Also, a study commissioned by HBO, was referenced in the episode (HBO Real Sports/Marist Poll). Some of the findings in the study were referenced. HSC would like to provide a response to some of those findings.

HBO REAL SPORTS/MARIST POLL

A majority of Americans, 56%, oppose hunting animals for sport, and most Americans, 86%, consider big game hunting to be especially distasteful.

65% of hunters disapprove of big game hunting.

HSC COMMENT

Of the 1,095 adults surveyed, only 11% were actually hunters or had hunted within the past two years.

75% of gun owners disapprove of big game hunting.

HSC COMMENT

The survey question was posed as follows: What about big game hunting, do you think hunting big game such as lions and elephants for sport is wrong and should be prohibited by law, is something you personally disapprove of but don't feel it should be illegal, or it is acceptable to hunt big game for sport?

The 65% was derived by combining responses from two separate questions: "Wrong, should be prohibited by law" (34%) and "Disapprove but don't think it should be illegal" (31%).

To classify and represent big game hunting by two species (lion; elephant) is not an accurate representation of the category.

The 75% was derived from the same methodology and questions posed to hunters, combining responses from the same two separate questions: "Wrong, should be prohibited by law" (48%) and "Disapprove but don't think it should be illegal" (27%).

Also, not all gun owners participate in hunting. According to a Pew Research Center survey conducted in February 2013, only about three-in-ten Americans (32%) said they owned a gun for hunting.

HSC believes in ethical and legal hunting standards, sustainable use-based conservation models and that hunting provides social, cultural and economic benefits to societies. HSC supports actions against poaching and opposes the illegal trade of animals and/or animal parts. HSC adamantly objects to any inferred connection of regulated, ethical hunting with poaching.

There are far more encompassing and relevant surveys available to to disavow the HBO slander than these. They were presented at the NRA-HLF. I did not write any references down. Maybe Mr. Jines can help me.

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right you are Jeff. They have been posted on AR more than once.

I alerted mark Sullivan to the use of his videos on the show. He was not amused. I am HOPING he gets a lawyer after them real soon.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Larry and Jeff, I have also sent an email to Mark Duda to see if he would not mind sharing the slides he presented in the HLF meeting. There was much more survey data in the slides than the slice in the report.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gumble is also a racist! He once said of the winter olympics, something like this, "How can this be the best atheletes. I don't see any blacks competing."

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote