New
Find
Notify
Tools

Timbavati Lion not camera shy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So when ever I get a chance I place trail cameras around the reserve to see what's new and hiding behind the bushes,

This Male loved having his pic taken,

Aaron another 2 years and hes ready for you

Posts: 494 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
Great pictures - anyone else notice the hippo in the background?

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 348 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the hippo well spotted, wanted to see who saw it

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome shots!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thankfully you weren't holding that camera.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Wait, aren't all lions in South Africa canned and drugged?

I am surprised the hippo stayed around with a lion there.

Nice cat, Justin.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3443 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fishing its because we even drug our Hippos,

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Haha! I hope you know I was just F-ing with you.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3443 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, I'm ready to come back! He's a beautiful lion, but no doubt a bit young. Regardless, what an awesome creature.

Thanks for posting

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome catch on the trail cams !!! beautiful looking cat.

Jeff Condie
Liard River Outfitters
#5 - 712054 RR55
Grande Prairie, Alberta Canada T8X 4A8
1-780-933-8001
info@liardriveroutfitters.com
www.liardriveroutfitters.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liardriveroutfitters/

Posts: 106 | Location: Alberta / British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 02 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
tu2

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 597 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The most surreal picture. A Lion is licking the camera whilst a hippo is eating rocks around what looks like a puddle?

Something does not quite add up.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9915 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
The most surreal picture. A Lion is licking the camera whilst a hippo is eating rocks around what looks like a puddle?

Something does not quite add up.

Ssshhhh ..... now now Andrew, surely not implying anything are you ?

For his age though, that lion does have a scar-free mush. coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow its funny how you 2 clowns feed of each others crap.

So tell me Andrew what's does not add up? Let me guess I put this trail cam in a petting Zoo.

And for your info Fij this is a young male only about 4 years old so why would he be all banged up??

JK

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkhunter:

So tell me Andrew what's does not add up? Let me guess I put this trail cam in a petting Zoo.

And for your info Fij this is a young male only about 4 years old so why would he be all banged up??

JK

Are suggesting this cat has not reached sexual maturity?

JK, you sure have some super sensitive nerve endings. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No what I am saying is this is a Young male , he is only about 4 years old so he is entering maturity now.

As for my sensitivity, it’s always you who has a smirky comment to make, and truthfully it’s bloody irritating.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No what I am saying is this is a Young male , he is only about 4 years old so he is entering maturity now.

As for my sensitivity, it’s always you who has a smirky comment to make, and truthfully it’s bloody irritating.

JK

As far as my limited knowledge on Lions permits, I was under the impression they entered their sexual life as early as 3 years onwards; some could be late starters but 3 years would seem about right.

So, if this chap is between 4/5 he should be well withing the ranks of a breeding animal and if there are females enough around, there would be nothing to stop him from siring a pride, wouldn't you agree? .... and where there are girls there are boys and scrapping takes place unless it was brought up in sterile confines.

Take a chill pill, it may help relieving the nerves - Valium works wonders but go easy on it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fuj

You can keep to Google for your limited Knowledge, I will keep to what actually happens in the bush, and what our population dynamics are.

JK

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fuj

You can keep to Google for your limited Knowledge, I will keep to what actually happens in the bush, and what our population dynamics are.

JK

Actually the revered information comes out of the "Hunter's Guide to Aging Lions in Eastern and Southern Africa" By Whitman & Packer ... for beginners like me-self. Big Grin

I actually conservatively raised the age to between 3 & 4 years whereas W & P believe differently and I quote the extracted:

"Males, however, leave their mother’s pride
at about 2 to 3 years of age and form
‘coalitions’ of up to nine individuals. These
coalitions actively compete for ‘residency’
in a pride".

I guess you're right - shagging in a confined space does have its downside. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I get a lot of pictures of game animals walking up and looking at the game cams.

Bears like to knock them around a bit.

Posts: 19466 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:

I guess you're right - shagging in a confined space does have its downside. Big Grin

And I’m sure you got good experience with that by yourself in the bath room on a lonely night.

As for these lions they got a few Million hectares to roam and shag freely as nature intended.

Better go put that nose of your back in the books, better yet get your old ass in the bush where the real things are happening

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
I get a lot of pictures of game animals walking up and looking at the game cams.

Bears like to knock them around a bit.

I have lost a bunch to Elephants , Rhino love to play with them as well,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I’m sure you got good experience with that by yourself in the bath room on a lonely night.

JK:

Try it some time - it can be quite kinky. Big Grin

By the way, got any recent photos of trophies belonging to other outfitters' clients to post?

Try a girlies prep school where you might learn some manners; it was obviously not too successful at home. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Manners

look in the mirror you the dick on AR who every one laughs at behind your back.

You the the one who always has something to say on every one else's post but never got the balls to either post your self or even show who you are , you hide behind your Alias and think you the man, Mr know it all in the hunting industry.

Lets see you actually bring something usefully to the table for once in your miserable life.

and your attempt at a low blow regarding the photos is actually pathetic, you don't know shit about shit.

at least I can say I bring something to AR that people enjoy.

you can keep that green little monster brewing up in side of you, jealousy is a horrible thing.

try getting out in the bush some time will be good for your brittle bones

JK

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

JK

And when would be the last occasion I fed the other clown?

If we look at this Lion, with exception of his unblemished face (which is odd) he shows all the hallmarks of being at least 5. Stocky, hair in front of his ears, behind his legs, sagging spine and belly fat, absence of spots etc etc

Hippo and Lion tend not to be the best of friends. Dunno what the hippo is grazing on?Possibly a salt lick. Hence the image surreal.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to tell you but, no salt lick,

Why don't you come visit and see another area other than Zambia,

Maybe animals here tend to act differently to where you are.

As for the age of this Lion, I stated I put him between 4/5 years of age,

He still has a very small head and needs to grow into his body. I believe that he would have been in the salt in Zambia or Zimbabwe.

This is not a stab at you, I have shot many lions younger than him in both country's.

Do you agree.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Never shot a Lion in Zambia with Gentian Violet on its arse.

I agree your animals do seem to behave differently to the rest of Africa.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That lion is as wild as you will find anywhere in Africa including Zambia! The Timbavati is definitely one of the best big game areas in all of Africa, and I have being to almost all of the countries that offer legal hunting. Hell think of it this way it got the entire Kruger national park as A open boundary for many miles! I can not think of a better neighbour than that!!

JK go and have a cold one, you don't need to explain your self to anyone. And any Big game hunter that knows anything about Africa knows the Timbavati!! pls send us more Photos, trust me 99% of everyone on here wants you to!!

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Never shot a Lion in Zambia with Gentian Violet on its arse.

Noticed that. Looks like "Purple Spray" we put on cut horses.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same stuff I am sure Milo,

as in any country with a worth while, wild life department,

Kruger darts and tests all predators on a continues basis to test for Diseases that could spread and negatively effect the open system,

In this case they probably tested for TB and rabies in cats,

This is the first time we had seen this male and our best guess was that he was darted in Kruger and made his way over to us.

at this stage we also have 2 large males that came over from Kruger that had been collared.

Kruger have over 200 scientific studies on at any one time, many of them to do with the movement of predators as well as Elephants and Rhinos.

So if a Lion has been darted or collared, does that make it less of a wild animal?

I don't think so

So Andrew why don't you come over and pet this not so wild collared Lion,

JK

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree your animals do seem to behave differently to the rest of Africa.

So Andrew tell us what other parts of Africa have you hunted?

Tell us about all the Lions you hunted out side of Zambia??

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
We put it on gashes and cuts, stitched or not, and it works brilliantly. Stings like a bastard, though. Burst my thumb coming off a quad bike in Kenya and had tears in my eyes for about an hour after spraying it.

If they darted him and noticed a wound I dare say that would be the first thing they would reach for.

Visit Rigby quite a bit these days and Marc Newton is loading for me on partridge on Friday. Will say hi from you.

quote:
Same stuff I am sure Milo,

as in any country with a worth while, wild life department,

Kruger darts and tests all predators on a continues basis to test for Diseases that could spread and negatively effect the open system,

In this case they probably tested for TB and rabies in cats,

This is the first time we had seen this male and our best guess was that he was darted in Kruger and made his way over to us.

at this stage we also have 2 large males that came over from Kruger that had been collared.

Kruger have over 200 scientific studies on at any one time, many of them to do with the movement of predators as well as Elephants and Rhinos.

So if a Lion has been darted or collared, does that make it less of a wild animal?

I don't think so

So Andrew why don't you come over and pet this not so wild collared Lion,

JK

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please do,

Marc just spent his honeymoon with us in the Timbavati, we let all the animals out the cages for him. I Finally got all the info on my Rigby,

JK

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Manners

look in the mirror you the dick on AR who every one laughs at behind your back.
I have no need to show anything to prove my worth either to you or anyone else – splashing photos like you do is showing off; typical of someone with and inferiority complex.

You the the one who always has something to say on every one else's post but never got the balls to either post your self or even show who you are , you hide behind your Alias and think you the man, Mr know it all in the hunting industry.
Nope, never recall ever having qualified myself as a “know all” (unlike yourself) but do know when there’s bullshit in the air and I will call a spade a spade if the opportunity arises. As I am doing now with you.

Lets see you actually bring something usefully to the table for once in your miserable life.
I have no need to show anything to prove my worth either to you or anyone else – splashing photos like you do is showing off; typical of someone with and inferiority complex.

and your attempt at a low blow regarding the photos is actually pathetic, you don't know shit about shit.
The so-called “photos attempt” is most certainly not a low blow, just relating facts and if there is someone around here who is pathetic, it happens to be yourself for posting those photos and when challenged, try to pass the buck. Now THAT is what I would call pathetic! Yes you’re absolutely right in saying I know shit about shit; those are situations you appear to be more conversant with.

at least I can say I bring something to AR that people enjoy.
For sure!

you can keep that green little monster brewing up in side of you, jealousy is a horrible thing.

try getting out in the bush some time will be good for your brittle bones
Jealous of what? Not spouting BS like you do? …… Duh! My bones are undoubtedly aged, but far from brittle – yours are also heading in the same direction and all the money in the world will not prevent it.

JK

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well if you don't like the Bull Shit I write when you should not read it.

Isn't it passed your bed time any way?

JK

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Keep posting, Justin. I would guess most of us enjoy what you share.

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
The lion is a beautiful specimen, thanks for sharing JK!

Definitely not an old male IMO.

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does EVERYTHING on AR have to be a pissing contest?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9955 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Does EVERYTHING on AR have to be a pissing contest?

+1. Gets real old real fast.

Posts: 12037 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well if you don't like the Bull Shit I write when you should not read it.

Isn't it passed your bed time any way?

JK

Hammering on these guys for being old does not help your case in the least. Face it. We all hope we have that issue . It in no way disproves what they are saying. Just my 2 cents. Of course, I am old. Maybe I am just senile .

Posts: 12037 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote