Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Problems ahead:
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted
Sounds like we in the West should be lobbying for sanctions against South Africa for its racist and discriminatory regime.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Being I suppose an old hand on this forum I remember well a time when there was debate on the future of Zimbabwean hunting and some like Ray furiously defended the position that all was ok.

Today scarcely 3 or so years later it has all but come to an end. Certainly there is still hunting to be had but at what cost in terms of personal ethic and principle.

Now and maybe not known to many South African hunting is facing the same future and peril?

The lands claim issues in the RSA would supposedly and according to law be a finite procedure, with limits on dates of rendering claim.

I say supposedly for just last week a claim was published in the Government Gazzette laying claim to the land between the Olifants river in the north, the Klaserie in the south, the western border of the klaserie reserve and the old Tzaneen road between Hoedspruit and Tzaneen in the west. This claim was brought almost a year after the term date for the rendering of claims.

Some 518 farms in total encompassing not only of the most prestigious private game reserves in the world today but also the heartland of mango and citrus industry in the country. The very future of my beloved Africa is in geopardy.

The Magoebaskloof valley and the lands north of Tzaneen are all under threat.

What is even more disturbing is a statement my the minister of agriculture who proclaimed amongst other that by ? 2008 50% of agricultural land must be in the hands of black people. ( now there should be no problem with that happening if the transference of ownership is done by a principle of willing buyer-seller , ie the accepted rules of commerce and common law, but forcing sale or transference on grounds of race and tribal association is simply not acceptable)

And then for the final clincher:

All White farmers will according to her have to cede 10% of their land to the blacks living on that land.

The implication of this would be devastating as you could now as a farmer face the prospect of actually having a squatter camp, complete with it's socio-economic ramifications on each and every commercial farm in the RSA.

Imagine what would happen to a game farm of say 10,000 Ha. The owner would cede 1000 ha to the blacks working on his farm. They could now live on that, bring in any number of family and they have extensive and extended families and then choose not to work for the farmer. Under current law the farmer cannot get rid of them. An instant squatter camp ! They can chop down each and every tree ...... do I need to go on

No there is smoke on the horison and the drums are beating .

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Hey, I was warning about the same stuff when the vote happened in '94 or '95.

And the same stuff about the new gun laws.

And now "land reform."

It is all about screwing the whites out of their land and money.

And there is not an insignificant percentage of people in the US that do not think slavery reparations is a bad idea. Some can sure milk the guilt-trip crap to no end. My opinion, well, how about: Go fuck yourself and the boat you sailed in on?

To the victor belongs the spoils. The South African whites are going to have to fight (and not in the politically correct sense of the word, nor in the "courts") for their land. If they don't, they are screwed.

So it is either fight or bail out to some other place. No court or logical reasoning is going to save them or their farms. Might as well put the international monetary worth of those diamonds and the gold to some good use.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote