THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Kendall Jones is Being Attacked by Antis
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kendall Jones is Being Attacked by Antis
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
As the thread titles says, the young lady is being attacked by antis for posting pictures of her safari on her public Facebook account. While I'm sure she expected it, she has also made some good conservation points with her posts.

I have even received vile things close to wishing I had never been born because I tried to explain a PAC hunt. She definitely is getting a lot of hate and knows how Corey felt.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't come up yet, but a number of organizations are coming to her defense. I'm not advocating fir any of them, but thought I'd let y'all know.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Melissa Bachman ought to be able to steer her right. Bit off lots to chew, but she's hardly alone. Cheer up!

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I saw the same thing.

I suggest any of you on FB might give her some support.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I saw the same thing.

I suggest any of you on FB might give her some support.

Agreed. Those on the other side have been coming back with things like kill the villagers instead of the animals. It's amazing how those people act.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Hunters cannot…and will not, EVER win in the court of social media.

Our only hope of the survival of our sport is to use that same social media as a tool to attempt to sway THE UNDECIDED MIDDLE (not the anti's)

Just posting pictures and saying the same old conservation messages isn't working, it only gins up the nut jobs into a lather.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3543 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will see If I can find her on Facebook and help out-

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I posted a positive message, but she is certainly holding her own. A very attractive young lady.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i need to get Kendall together with my niece who got her first buff last year.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
I am surprised they have not gone after Eva Shockey who also has a FB presence.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:

Those on the other side have been coming back with things like kill the villagers instead of the animals. It's amazing how those people act.

Shoot, are you kidding?! We have members here on AR who say the same exact thing.

We even have one member who has it as his tag line. Something to the effect of "my wife says that maybe they need to cull some villagers to make room for elephants."

Shameful no matter which side it is coming from.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
Hunters cannot…and will not, EVER win in the court of social media.

Our only hope of the survival of our sport is to use that same social media as a tool to attempt to sway THE UNDECIDED MIDDLE (not the anti's)

Just posting pictures and saying the same old conservation messages isn't working, it only gins up the nut jobs into a lather.

Steve

100% correct keep it civil keep it short so we can win the undecided.
Don't harp on food and eating what u kill.
Point out value , if it pays it stays

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
who?

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Story on the "Today" show this morning. I'm so proud of her. The story wasn't exactly flattering, but as fair, I suppose, as mainstream media can be. Some woman from PETA on there spouting unsupported rhetoric!

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
I assume this is Bill Jones' daughter?

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She is a brave girl.

I will not post picture with a dead lion on AR let alone Facebook.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna:
I assume this is Bill Jones' daughter?

No, she's from Cleburne, a small town south of the DFW area. I believe Bill Jones is from Alabama, but might be wrong.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I shared a plane ride last week with her.

She is a young vibrant young lady. Far to young to have to go through crap like this.

She is a lucky gal to be able to hunt for the things she does but I was 19 long ago, public scrutiny at that age is tougher to take than at 45

I wish her luck and hope she gets through this

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never really understood the need to post hunting pictures on public forums. Is it an ego thing or do they just relish in all the negative attention they receive from the anti-hunting crowd?

Confused

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:

Dat would be low. She's purty as a new puppy, likeable and has Jim Shockey as back-up. Less of a target than ladies who look like cheerleaders and bikini babes (which IMHO is why the finger waggers picked Kendall and Melissa.) I think they are all smart women, like my wife!

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BNagel:
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:

Dat would be low. She's purty as a new puppy, likeable and has Jim Shockey as back-up. Less of a target than ladies who look like cheerleaders and bikini babes (which IMHO is why the finger waggers picked Kendall and Melissa.) I think they are all smart women, like my wife!

She has a very well managed social media image and I think her personality is well suited for social media.

She is very pro hunting but there are not a lot of pictures of her with dead animals. Not any dead politically incorrect animals like lions, elephants, leopards and rhinos.

Everybody including hoodie boy billionaire Mark Zuckerberg are meat hunters.

Meat hunting is politically correct to the average american - dead lions elephants rhinos ect are like Steve said "fight club" issues - better kept under the radar screen.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not read the comments here. If some one has already mentioned this, I apologize.

There is a CNN clip about this floating around . It is full of outright lies. For example, she took these animals with an assault rifle. Further , one of the female commentators discussed her father duck hunting with a rifle. She obviously does not know that is against the law.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
I never really understood the need to post hunting pictures on public forums. Is it an ego thing or do they just relish in all the negative attention they receive from the anti-hunting crowd?

Because up until the anti-hunting crowd gained recognition from hunters, showing pictures of a persons kills or having heads/animals mounted was a statement of pride in something the hunter accomplished.

The problem I have been noticing on this site, is that hunters are being overly critical of each others accomplishments.

Whose side are some of you people on? If it is legal game, legally taken, what is the damn problem.

The anti's want ALL HUNTING OF ANY KIND STOPPED.

They are not going to back off from that goal just because hunters stop posting pictures or because hunters stop openly talking about hunting in Public.

If anyone thinks that they can placate the anti's in any way and get them to willing back away from their agenda, They Are WRONG!!!

It appears that the time is approaching where hunters need to either stand together and stop bowing to the rhetoric of the anti hunting crowd, or sell their guns and burn their trophies.

From what I have read and seen of this young ladies actions, everything was done legally and done with legally hunt-able species.

Are hunters going to slide off into the pit with the rest of the apologists in the world?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Hi Randall,
Great argument. Problem is, we are only half armed. We post the pics, then we stand around and use the same conservation message we have for years. (which I do agree with) It just doesn't win anyone over.

Social Media is a hugely powerful tool. Look at that idiot that was forced to sell the LA Clippers, Social Media did him in, he obviously didn't give a shit about it, it did him in anyway.

We need a new awareness to continue on with our passion.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3543 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

quote:

Because up until the anti-hunting crowd gained recognition from hunters, showing pictures of a persons kills or having heads/animals mounted was a statement of pride in something the hunter accomplished.

The problem I have been noticing on this site, is that hunters are being overly critical of each others accomplishments.

Whose side are some of you people on? If it is legal game, legally taken, what is the damn problem.

The anti's want ALL HUNTING OF ANY KIND STOPPED.

They are not going to back off from that goal just because hunters stop posting pictures or because hunters stop openly talking about hunting in Public.

If anyone thinks that they can placate the anti's in any way and get them to willing back away from their agenda, They Are WRONG!!!

It appears that the time is approaching where hunters need to either stand together and stop bowing to the rhetoric of the anti hunting crowd, or sell their guns and burn their trophies.

From what I have read and seen of this young ladies actions, everything was done legally and done with legally hunt-able species.

Are hunters going to slide off into the pit with the rest of the apologists in the world?

Yes, by all means, rush City Hall with pitchforks and torches. That'll show um. tu2

Problem is, posting pictures on public forums nets mostly negative results these days. All you accomplish is adding more fertilizer to the anti-hunting sentiment. You're not winning hearts and minds with public postings and it would be exceedingly naive to believe that any "good" is coming from it.

Kids used to go to school with .22 rifles so that they could hunt on the way home. Trying to do so today, isn't going to be met with open arms or change minds about guns in school. It's a different day and a different time.

But hey, free world and all, so openly post away. But don't act hurt, surprised, and/or offended by all the hate mail and negative repercussions that it generates. You sorta stuck your own finger in that light socket.

Carry on...

coffee

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tenmikemike
posted Hide Post
She's getting hatred, vitriol and death threats.

I liked/followed her page to show my support.

NRA Endowment Life member

CZ 550 American 9.3 X 62 Mauser/ Leupold VX-3 2.5-8 x 36
CZ 550 Safari Classic .458 Lott

Posts: 119 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 11 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She should, and I suspect she will, stand up for herself. I'd bet she is the most popular chearleader at Tech! She's a very savvy young lady and I suspect she will turn this into a meal ticket. I wouldn't worry about her. She's doin'g just fine.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Opus, who is there for hunters to win over?

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
She should, and I suspect she will, stand up for herself. I'd bet she is the most popular chearleader at Tech! She's a very savvy young lady and I suspect she will turn this into a meal ticket. I wouldn't worry about her. She's doin'g just fine.

According to the WWW she has a TV show in the works.....

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many believe that hunters should simply slink away quietly into the night and not be proud of their accomplishments? Are hunters going to be reduced to clandestine websites with secret passwords and special terms and phrases, maybe secret handshakes?

People keep mentioning our not "Winning"???? anyone over to our side, who are those Anyone's???

The anti's have already won the war, and if we can't get our message, whatever that is, out to the Non-Hunting public thru social media how can we convince anyone of anything?

We can't. Hunter numbers keep declining.

Concerted efforts are being made to outlaw the hunting of different species and as soon as one species gets outlawed, a new one is picked out.

Now, placing a picture of a legally killed animal on social media is something to be scorned.

Folks, it does not matter what we do or what we try. The anti hunting forces are not going to stop their efforts, just like the anti-gun forces are not going to stop theirs.

Not publicizing any aspect of our hunts is not going to help. AS long as any hunting licenses are being sold, the anti's are going to keep working at getting that stopped.

It is going to be the same way with fishermen. Practicing catch and release only ain't gonna make a damn, just like with hunting, the animal rights groups want it all stopped.

So I guess we all need to just set around quietly waiting for the end.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
AS long as any hunting licenses are being sold, the anti's are going to keep working at getting that stopped.

They aren't worried about the sale of hunting licenses. They want government(under the radar) to make hunting/fishing as costly as possible.

Take my state, licenses/tags keep going up and hunting/fishing "opportunity's" keep getting less and less. Then you throw in the "Non-fight" from the agency's to defend hunting/fishing practices and then in turn THEY throw in "wolves" into the mix AND the WDFW scratches the head as to WHY numbers "hunters" are down homer

My hats off to the Gal!! way to go.

Posts: 17552 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I wish her luck but pictures like this won't help her cause or ours...

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, that type of pose on a lion trophy isn't helping.
JCHB

Posts: 423 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCHB:
Yup, that type of pose on a lion trophy isn't helping.
JCHB

At least they photoshopped out the fence.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
What Andrew.......you never seen a free ranging white lion before my mate Big Grin

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
lol

Torbjoern

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They aren't worried about the sale of hunting licenses. They want government(under the radar) to make hunting/fishing as costly as possible.

Sorry, they want it STOPPED. If you have not noticed, there are people out there that will still buy hunting licenses no matter what the cost.

Raising license fees only weeds out a certain amount of people. That is not acceptable to the antis, they want it all stopped, PERIOD.

One person hunting is not acceptable.

Not to take this any farther off track than possible, but the anti's are not the ones at fault for rising license/tag fees across the country.

Place the blame where it belongs, resident hunters in many states fight to keep their license fees as minimal as possible, so for the under funded game departments to make up the short fall they keep going up on the price of Non-resident fees. As the number of Non-residents drops due to the increasing costs, the game dept. has to increase the prices again because of fewer hunters.

None of that has anything to do with the anti hunting movement. That is a state economics issue.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by martin pieters:
What Andrew.......you never seen a free ranging white lion before my mate Big Grin

There is something perturbing about some cute little teenager smacking around a bunch of animals and posting them on facebook to impress her mates.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:

Her cause might not be the same.

She wanted all this publicity and she got it - maybe that was her cause.

Now she can get her own television show and promotion on a line of clothing and go become like the rest of the celebrity hunting crowd.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:

Do you really believe the people who are militant anti-hunters care about the position of her foot? Even fence sitters, I strongly suspect, would not give it much thought. Further, I am not comfortable with the idea of letting the least common denominator judge what is and is not proper in the field!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We all hunt for various reasons and that's great however hunters or celebrities who are in the spotlight should be held to the highest of standards and the message being conveyed by her is,at a glance, not one of respect.

This is not helpful in our quest as hunters trying to bring forth the message of conservation and stewardship.

Looks aside the difference between this young lady and Eva is the respect factor passed down from Jim to his daughter, there's still time but she needs to learn quickly! You couldn't pay me to watch her show.

Only my 2 ...and best of luck

Posts: 625 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote