THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Who Booked Hunts (Where)& What Did You Buy At DSC Conv.?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Booked Hunts (Where)& What Did You Buy At DSC Conv.?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My wife suckered me into a hunt in NZ for 2015 with Cardrona Safaris. Stag, Chamois & Tahr
I have to suffer so much to keep her happy.
Purchased an Arno Bernard knife that desperately needs to skin something.
Also, she did not like the my jacket I brought along so insisted I buy a new one. Beretta with DSC logo.
Sherry Steele print. (every year)
One of those cool swinging yard chairs that are ergonomiclly designed with a canopy over it.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Booked a 24 day big 4 hunt with a double bull ele for my son and myself with CMS in 14. Also picked up a Heym Martini Express in 404 Jeff. I told my son what happens at the DSC stays at the DSC. No sense upsetting mom.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No hunts YET! A pair of Russell boots and some DSC clothing. You guys make me feel like a cheapskate. Guess I'll have to get busy and find a hunt for next year.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An AK sheep hunt.

A 4.5 pound 338 WM

Various gear.

A book and some DVD's.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Kambako in 2014. Leopard and sable combo.

Will be my 50th birthday present, to myself.

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adamsdjr:
Booked a 24 day big 4 hunt with a double bull ele for my son and myself with CMS in 14.

You must be Buzz's and Myles' new best friend.

Mike

Posts: 21692 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

A 4.5 pound 338 WM

OUCH! I mean, COOL!
Big Grin

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a popgun compared to a 500NE!

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

A 4.5 pound 338 WM

which gun did you buy Larry?

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rifles, Inc.

I also have a 416, 375 and 300 Win Mag that Lex made. Damn, they are all shooters.

I am going to take the 338 sheep hunting. I wanted that caliber because of bears. I HAD to shoot one on my last trip to AK.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat a Rifles Inc in my book. Lex will make them as light as you want, and they all flat-out shoot.

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am going to take the 338 sheep hunting. I wanted that caliber because of bears. I HAD to shoot one on my last trip to AK.
Was that a good problem or a bad problem??? Silly question I suppose...

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt Graham forced me to buy a Banteng, to go along with my buffalo hunt in June 2013!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Chris, that is awesome. I'm excited for you!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
Plains game package in Namibia, along with a tour of the Skeleton Coast. Better half insisted!

Posts: 262 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
A map of Zimbabwe from Emmie at the ZPHGA booth.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Matt Graham forced me to buy a Banteng, to go along with my buffalo hunt in June 2013!
Sucker - if anyone else wants to go Aaron is looking to split the air charter!! What a cheapskate Big Grin

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgot about my map of Zim. & Aaron's Global Hunter DVD.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
buffalo hunt in the Caprivi with Karl S. i want to see the new camp he is building at the campsite we picked out on the Zambezi when i was there in Oct...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Inmarsat satelite phone and two Banovich Giclees (Big Ivory and Headdress)
Still negotiating a hunt in Zim.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had booked with Grant Taylor in Mozambique for 14' prior to DSC. DID however purchase a DSC hat to wear on safari!

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I booked a plainsgame hunt in South Africa for this September and a Red stag/tahr hunt in NZ for 2014.

Posts: 521 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flipper Dude:
Plains game package in Namibia, along with a tour of the Skeleton Coast. Better half insisted!

Who'd you book with? I'm looking myself.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
bought a DSC shirt, DSC cap... a .220 swift m54 winchester from another AR member... a sponsored life membership for swede carlson (a good friend, my victoria landlord, an avid quail hunter and sportman extroidaire)..and a deposit on a argentine bird hunt..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Booze and beef jerky.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
New Martini Hagen baby falling block rifle in 223. Books on double rifles and 600 Nitro.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Leopard with John Sharp (who else! Smiler ) in the Bubye, silver elephant from Patrick Mavros and the duty DSC shirt....

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Couses deer hunt this Oct with Arizona Diamond Outfitters and paid up some additional $'s for a Buffalo/Mgt Ele/Hippo/Croc hunt this June with Baobab Safaris in Gache Gache, Zim.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
Had booked with Grant Taylor in Mozambique for 14' prior to DSC. DID however purchase a DSC hat to wear on safari!

HOW COULD I HAVE LEFT THIS OUT???

Going to Moz and forgot that I purchased "The Winds of Havoc" Fiona Capstick wrote a nice note on the inside cover and signed it. Unfortunately Adelino was not feeling well and didn't make the trip to the states..that would have been a real treat.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Capstick seems to be a fine lady. I enjoyed visiting with her last year.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh hell, I didn't know I could put down booze and food. Also didn't know that I could post a safari for buffalo with Chifuti that I had in the works already. Now I don't feel so bad.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

I doubt he would have had to force too hard... Wink

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I booked a Buffalo and Plains Game hunt with Shaun Buffee in the Buybe for 2014. I'm also taking 14 year old son and my 18 year old nephew. This will be my 7th trip to Africa, but my first trip to Zimbabwe.

I also booked a 2013 free range Elk hunt in West Texas during rut. This is a hunt I've wanted to do for a long time.

We also looked at a summer fishing trip to a fly-in lodge in Saskatchewan, but I think we will wait for 2014. I'd like to do a little more research on the fishing.

I also bought a DSC membership for the first time.

I thought the show was great. We arrived Thursday afternoon, and left late on Sunday. We normally only go for the weekend. It was really nice to have more time at the show.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Booked a 21-day buff and PG hunt with Thormahlen & Cochran for this July.

Almost pulled the trigger on a bird and big game trip for 2014 in Argentina. Still toying with it even yet....

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. G.B. Shaw

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Booked 18 day ele and buff in Buybe with Pete Fick. I am sure a lot of Plains games will go down also.

Dean

Posts: 67 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 30 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm the cheapskate. Didn't book a hunt, but picked up brochures, etc. Will make a decision after my hunting partner (who wasn't there this year) makes up his mind.
Did pick up three cases of Schlossadler wine. That blonde lady gets me every time!
Also bought two rebarrel jobs for rifles, one in a new-to-me caliber and one because it needed it.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't go but wish I would of been there. So I stewed a bit and felt better after I bought a life membership looking forward to being a member.

Posts: 195 | Location: Douglas, Wyoming | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lord Derby Eland with Thierry in CAR + Leopard / Buff (or two) for '15

Looking for Sheep for this year...

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orvar:
Lord Derby Eland with Thierry in CAR + Leopard / Buff (or two) for '15

Count me in as a photographer on that one !! Wink

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, finished booking my Zim hunt for July 2013. 10 days in Ngamo Sikumi with Terry Anders for Sable and Eland and other PG. Working on my bucket list.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote