Find
Notify
Tools

TAA: My Son, My Dad, Our Dream
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
May be the best episode Dave and Tim have produced. Wonderful story. Congrats to Josh Moore, who has more heart than most of us can dream of . . . and that may be the biggest warthog I have ever seen.

tu2

Mike

Posts: 21667 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
I agree! tu2

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Josh made some great shots under pressure. Mark Vallaro knows his business for sure.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike: Josh is a really neat young man, lots of challenges but he manages very well and absolutely loves to hunt. I don't think there is a more devoted Dad (Mom, too). Josh is going to present the program at our September monthly meeting (September 22 and if you want to make the trip up I-45; to see the presentation and meet Josh, I would be happy to have you as my guest.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2896 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Let's plan on it Karl. Really epitomized what hunting is supposed to be all about. So many things impressed me about the show, but one was how Josh would immediately thank the team for his success. Seems to be a great young man.

Mike

Posts: 21667 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I saw the episode too. What struck me was as the hunt developed his voice grew clearer and his confidence grew as well. Excellent show.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2811 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a very heartwarming show. Great father and son adventure well done with no contrivance. Josh truly enjoyed the hunt and held his end up with aplomb. Congratulations to the father he is blessed.

Posts: 85 | Location: Bellville, Texas | Registered: 21 April 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watching it with my (3 month old) son right now, hoping the opportunity to take him with me to Africa will still be available when he is old enough.

Posts: 1447 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words guys, and as always, for tuning in. The hunt was a pleasure to film, edit, and enjoyed sharing it with our viewers.
Josh and Allen are like so many fathers and sons, they share a common bond for the hunt, time spent together, and making memories to look back on. Certainly there are a few bumps in the road to overcome, but as you saw, they do it with a sense of ease ( and fun) that is heartwarming as it is amazing. Josh is rarely down, keeps marching even on difficult days, and does it with a smile. All safari clients Should follow his lead!
We appreciated the chance to tell Josh's story. Thanks guys.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We don't have these shows here, but it is great to hear of good hunting shows.

We done to those involved.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68617 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed: I'll send you a copy...

Karl Evans

Posts: 2896 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Josh! Well done.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not seen the show but my son and I were at the hunting camp the same time as Josh and his dad.
The Wart hog he got was the biggest I have ever seen but I think that he enjoyed having supper with ever one at camp just as much as the hunting
One even Josh sang for us and boy can he sing a tune.
I would not have been able to sing infront of everyone there and if I did,everyone would have ran back to their tents/cabins long befor I finshed.
It was a pleasure to share a camp with you Josh and keep on singing
joe

Posts: 109 | Location: Nunavut CANADA | Registered: 21 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:

Kind gesture, Karl. Saeed sends out plenty of videos.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Really entertaining and well presented episode. Well done to all involved.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7623 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:

Thank you very much my friend.

I would appreciate it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68617 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for all your kind comments. Joe I'm not sure how good the singing was. Lol. I can assure everyone how much hunting means to Josh and it's why I fight hard for every Dad to enjoy this with their kids for a long time. Thanks again for everyone's very kind wishes. Allen

one of us
posted Hide Post
The love and respect between father and son was so obvious! Josh's demeanor, at least on camera, from beginning to end, was overwhelming positive! An inspiration! Loved the episode! Well done all!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is perhaps one or the best huntins show I've ever seen on many fronts. Dave and crew share a moment in time of what it is all about. If campfire smoke is not in your eyes you have missed everything.

Elton Rambin
Mail/Ship: 1802 Horse Hollow Rd.
Barksdale, Texas 78828
Phone: 479 461 3656
Ranch: 830-234-4366
Check our Hunt & Class Schedule
at
www.ftwoutfitters.com

4 Rules of Gun Safety
1/ Treat all guns as though they are loaded.
2/ Never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot.
3/ Do not put your finger on trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
4/ Be sure of your target and safe background.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2 tu2

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote