New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got my Sep09 Tanz trophies today
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Wow, a few people told me Luke Samaras ships fast. Got my trophies today. Already took home my ivory until the pedestals come in (I have to pick up last year's elk in two weeks, so I figured I would grab it), as well as buff skulls, a Lichtenstein's hartebeeste skull, lion, leopard, hippo and hyena skulls.

Trophies were packed in three separate wooden crates. All skulls were in plastic. Everything looked good.

Can't say enough about Samaras. First class operation. I will be back with him in 2011.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Super news!

I just hope that I am the next fortunate buyer of a Luke Samaras deep discount big four hunt cancellation.

You and "notlim" did well! Congrats again.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Luke Samaras tries to get all his trophy shipping out of TZ by the time of the SCI convention.
A first class operation, in my experience.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi John,Will
Thats great news, I'm glad that your stuff arrived safe.

Will, I'm afraid that you will be much to busy with Zambezi to worry about the tanzania discount hunts- I will of course be ready to offer my services again so you don't have to worry about game overpopulation in any of Luke's area's Wink

That is sad news for me about your tusks-I was really hoping that they would find their way into my crate by "accident" Big Grin

My crates from Luke are scheduled to ship on the 19'th- it takes us a little longer here to get the cites permits as we have to have the tanzanian export cites before we can get the canadian import cites- Buerocratic BS abounds here as well. some of those third world countries can't hold a candle to our wise canadian lawmakers

My zim stuff from the save this spring just arrived here @ the airport last night Big Grin

Thats the good news and because I need someone to cry too...

I still haven't seen any skulls/skins as we have a new law in the last year or so that says that all trophies recieved must go straight from customs to a "government approved disinfection facility" of which it seems like there is only one in Toronto- they have had my south african stuff for 2 months- and haven't even returned any phone calls/emails to say when it could possibly be done.
I have no idea if they will be done "disinfecting" in another week or another year. Now I know why guys take picture's and say good enuff.
Another high point is that because this "disinfecting service" is mandatory they never bothered to give a quote so I have no idea if it costs a hundred bucks or a thousand Frowner to get a skull "disinfected"

I'm guessing a box full of buffalo /leopard/lion is going to be mega$$$$ and my bum is very sore just thinking about what I am about to receive Eeker and am particularily happy with the lack of communication from this government enforced monopoly.

Any how the hunting sure was fun-the rest of it not so much

Posts: 171 | Location: ontario canada | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't say enough about Samaras. First class operation. I will be back with him in 2011.

Masai or Selous ?

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas