New
Find
Notify
Tools

404 Jeff ammo source?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for 404 Jeff ammo. Suggestions where to look? I am struggling to find some.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Perhaps another AR member with a good stockpile would sell some??? Otherwise, perhaps call Pete at QualityCartridge to buy some brass. 301-373-3719

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post

Posts: 817 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I may have a line on quite a bit RWS brass

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
dogcat

I tried to find some for you using my kind of hidden sources and I could not come up with anything.

Not knowing what brand(s) you like, have you considered:

Have you tried to look at custom ammo makers?

Have you contacted Hornady to see when they will be making a run this year?

Also, have you contacted the manufacturer to see who they ship to and contact the business that they provide you information for. Only down side of this is most of the out of the way business that have select ammo on hand only sell to you if you walk into the business. That is how I have found ammo for friends before.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to Hornady at DSC. They don't have 404 on the schedule. Plus they haven't made any for a few years.

I told a Hornady guy I needed some in two years and asked if I should talk to Superior or Hendershots. He wouldn't give a straight answer but indicated that there probably wouldn't be any from Hornady by that time and possibly longer.

At the moment there is way more demand for self defense ammo. The time between the election and inauguration plus the months following could see shortages for a long time depending on potential social unrest. It may be a good idea to buy ammo for any caliber you have now. If you want 404 you may need to talk to the specialty loading shops.

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great help. Thanks.
Ross

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
I talked to Hornady at DSC. They don't have 404 on the schedule. Plus they haven't made any for a few years.

I told a Hornady guy I needed some in two years and asked if I should talk to Superior or Hendershots. He wouldn't give a straight answer but indicated that there probably wouldn't be any from Hornady by that time and possibly longer.

At the moment there is way more demand for self defense ammo. The time between the election and inauguration plus the months following could see shortages for a long time depending on potential social unrest. It may be a good idea to buy ammo for any caliber you have now. If you want 404 you may need to talk to the specialty loading shops.

Keep spreading info that and contribute to the hoarding!!!

Posts: 1826 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hipshoot:
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:

Keep spreading info that and contribute to the hoarding!!!

Decent selection of ammo in common calibers on the shelves around here at the moment.

Only passing on what I am hearing. If Trump wins, the Antifa riots we saw in the summer of 2020 may seem nothing compared to what could happen. Hope this info is wrong, but there is a reason the ammo manufactures are not doing small runs of big bore at the moment.

We also have no idea the number of terrorists who have crossed the border. FBI has no clue either. If a major transformer substation is taken out or cyanide is put into a municipal water system, do you not think the shelves will go empty of ammo within a day. AR is a relatively small community. I doubt we make a significant dent in ammo hoarding.

https://americanmilitarynews.c...ing-level-fbi-warns/

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every little bit helps or hurts!!!

Hip

Posts: 1826 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
The way things are in the world today with disrupted manufacturing and shipping reloading is the only way to be sure of a good supply of ammunition for many of the less common cartridges including the big NE cartridges.

One of our gun retailers currently has a 10 round packet of African PH 404 ammo for sale https://www.guncity.com/norma-...igh-10-rounds-235051. I've always wanted to get some of this 450gr ammo to try in my 404 but cannot really justify the cost just to shoot it on paper.

For my 404 I still have some Parker Hale and Kynoch factory ammo to hand plus new RWS and Hornady cases and a reasonable stock of a selection of bullets. Then off course a bullet mould provides all the bullets I need for blasting away 404 rounds whenever I feel the urge.

The 404 is very easy to load for and cases last forever if annealing is kept up.

Posts: 3857 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Francis Lombardi, the KYNOCH US DISTRIBUTOR has some, crazy expensive!!

https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=102235015

You might check with Steve Barnett gun brokers. They often have ammo left from rifle consignments, as does Russ Gould, DoubleGun HQ... often on this site.

I checked ammoseek.com as well, nothing listed.

470EDDY

Posts: 2561 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Ross, Norma sells it in Europe - 400 grain boxed 10 rounds at EUR 93,-

Not sure this helps you but maybe there is Norma in the US ?

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Strange!

Had two people here asking for 404 bullets recently.

Made them a couple of hundreds each.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Strange!

Had two people here asking for 404 bullets recently.

Made them a couple of hundreds each.

We have a new supplier…. Saeed’s Custom Ammo!

No Miss bullets in caliber of your choice. Now just have to figure out the brass, powder and primer aspects. If bat guano could be replaced by camel shit for making gunpowder, he could become a major powder manufacturer (the camels love Saeed and his carrots).

With his sense of humor and love of practical jokes, I can only imagine the ammo some of us here on AR would get! Walter would approve, I’m sure. jumping

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found what I need via an AR member. Much thanks to all.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/404-jeffery

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote