THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    How is DSC connected to Safari Classics

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is DSC connected to Safari Classics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am a little curious how is DSC connected to Ivan Carter and Safari Classics, as they seem to play a close role in their hunting shows.

Posts: 80 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To the best of my knowledge, DSC is just a sponsor of their shows like Trijicon, Ruger & Hornady are.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we can get Tim Danklef to comment on this?

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
To the best of my knowledge, DSC is just a sponsor of their shows like Trijicon, Ruger & Hornady are.

Exactly.

I don't think Tim posts on AR.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dallas Safari Club is a sponsor on all three of our Safari Classics TV series, Dallas Safari Club's Tracks Across Africa, World Of Sports Afield, and Dark and Dangerous with Ivan Carter.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Ivan and Safari Classics is DSC mouthpiece?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Replaced Boddington I assume?
I will bet that went over well...

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just because someone is your sponsor, doesn't imply that you speek for them or vise versa.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave for your input. I have wondered why a non profit organisation would put their weight and finances behind a commercial venture.

Why not put their donor money into other areas such as anti poaching, Lion Research etc not thet they dont do these things anyway, always seems strange how other proples money is spent.

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Possibly because the shows provides advertising for DSC - which in turn drives membership and awareness......

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. You want sponsors without transparency? Buy an outdoor magazine; they are filled with stories by writers who do not acknowledge who is paying for what. I must admit, American Hunter seems to be getting better at this, but at the expense of the stories becoming "advertorials."

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ B:
Thanks Dave for your input. I have wondered why a non profit organisation would put their weight and finances behind a commercial venture.

Why not put their donor money into other areas such as anti poaching, Lion Research etc not thet they dont do these things anyway, always seems strange how other proples money is spent.

Confused Where do you imagine non-profits get their money? If you are attempting to trash someone you really should spend more time in the planning phase.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that DSC counts on us, and other quality TV series they sponsor to get their message out to sportsmen both here at home and even internationally. Scott had it right-membership and awareness is what makes any organization run. And by the way, no other conservation organization spends the amount of their gross revenue on conservation projects like DSC. And you bet, we are proud to beat the DSC drum. Is there is an issue with that Russ?

Dave Fulson

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
DSC has partnered with a good outfit in Safari Classics - quality programming that reflects well on the sponsoring organizations..

Membership and awareness drive donations - donations fund projects...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
When does World of Sports Afield air? I haven't been able to find it.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Membership and awareness drive donations - donations fund projects...

tu2

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
World Of Sports Afield airs quarter 3-4 on Sportsman Channel.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your insight into the sponsorship of your shows Dave, no trashing attempted just curiosity. I purchased a DVD of yours and saw DSC mentioned prominently and was curious as to why your company in particular was singled out as the mouthpiece for DSC.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ B:
Thank you for your insight into the sponsorship of your shows Dave, no trashing attempted just curiosity. I purchased a DVD of yours and saw DSC mentioned prominently and was curious as to why your company in particular was singled out as the mouthpiece for DSC.

You mean like incestuous?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Hmmm ... methinks the green-eyed monster is showing its face.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
SURE LOOKS THAT WAY...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13390 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote