Tools

Lion Picture Needed!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
This pic to me says it all - but I'm not sure who's pic it is, or if we can use it??

That is an outstanding pic for the LCTF for sure!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive probably got 20 years before I go on a African Lion Hunt, (if they're still huntable then,) But the true Lion pictures are amazing, truly my favorite Wild Beast.d
WSmiler

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
This pic to me says it all - but I'm not sure who's pic it is, or if we can use it??

Roland - Do you know how to find out who's pic this is, or if we can use it?

Does anyone know?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Aaron... PM incoming!

Does anyone know?

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Here is one for the future.

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here are three more, little different.

Posts: 16 | Location: MT | Registered: 25 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the article in which it was published...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...youll-lion-king.html

Looks like it's copyrighted by a firm called Exclusivepix

quote:
quote:
quote:

Does anyone know?

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:

A real MGM lion. Sure he's cowardly, but at least he's mature.

Shooter!

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4772 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to everyone for contributing and we will keep this thread open for another 2-3 days before I make my selection(s) for which photo(s) I'll be using to create my Africa Wildlife Imagery as a powerful symbol and banner LCTF and its never-ending campaign.

I will contact the owner of the photo(s) via PM to have them email me the Original High Res Image to begin work on the project.

So keep'em coming we appreciate it tu2

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks,,,

Based on the pics we've received to date I'm going to be sending a PM to those whom I've selected.

I'll be looking into using several images for the Montage by what I'm presently envisioning for the campaign.

I'll be needing the original Full Res img.file jpeg. tu2

We also could use a few photos of lion cubs too. Wink

Roland

lapierre.roland@yahoo.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

If this is Karamojo I apologise and frankly amazed, it is vey unusual for wild Lion to have mane growing on their shoulders, or behind their shoulder line. If you look at every other Lion picture submitted the mane stops at the back of the shoulder line and certainly does not grow on the shoulders. It is so easy to tell the difference between a wild and Pen Raised Lion that these had me stumped perhaps you could give us the backgound to this picture,

Thanks

Posts: 80 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Firstly what "campaign"?

Here is a cropped one of mine. I would have the original around somewhere if requested. Lion is one of a pair on a bush track in the grass in Ngorongoro Crater.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ B:
quote:

If this is Karamojo I apologise and frankly amazed, it is vey unusual for wild Lion to have mane growing on their shoulders, or behind their shoulder line. If you look at every other Lion picture submitted the mane stops at the back of the shoulder line and certainly does not grow on the shoulders. It is so easy to tell the difference between a wild and Pen Raised Lion that these had me stumped perhaps you could give us the backgound to this picture,

Thanks

Sir it is indeed the Karamoja. Those two lion are in a park at the time I took the pic (Kidepo Valley National Park). But...we were just a mile or less from the park boundary. The lion do come and go from the park.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple I shot in Kruger in 2011.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ B:
quote:

Thanks

Sir it is indeed the Karamoja. Those two lion are in a park at the time I took the pic (Kidepo Valley National Park). But...we were just a mile or less from the park boundary. The lion do come and go from the park.

Great picture of two really spectacular Lion.I have only seen Lion that reseamble those around Liuwa Plains in Barotseland and those are all gone now.

Posts: 80 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pieter Kriel
posted Hide Post
Aaron I have no idea what you want to advertise, but heres my contribution:

Mkulu African Hunting Safaris
www.huntinginafricasafaris.com
hunt@huntinginafricasafaris.com

Posts: 210 | Location: Pretoria | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pieter Kriel:

Now look at that old dude!!!

Guys, we've received a bunch of pics - thanks alot!!! Roland will choose, and then work his magic. Greatly appreciate all the help.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pieter Kriel:

Now look at that old dude!!!

Guys, we've received a bunch of pics - thanks alot!!! Roland will choose, and then work his magic. Greatly appreciate all the help.

Aaron,

Not sure that a Lion having a shit should be your image?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Andrew's painting is just awesome. Wish I owned it!

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know you are welcome to use any of mine, Roland

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dr_dog_guy:
You know you are welcome to use any of mine, Roland

Thank you Chuck tu2

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 724wd:

I think that might be a cougar. rotflmo

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
When can we expect a peek at the finished product or even at the work in progress?

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunteratheart:
When can we expect a peek at the finished product or even at the work in progress?

I'm still waiting the outcome of some recent developments...Once I am in the know, I will let everyone know when and how everything shall proceed
forth. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few more submissions have been trickling in and a few more are still outstanding...need to determine terms/conditions and agreements of LCTF right of use on a couple photos we're interested in.

We may know this upcoming week...I'll keep everyone advised as to the outcome tu2