Find
Notify
Tools

75 pounder
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
Just got this from a client. 75 pounder taken in Tanzania last month.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Client's got a funny looking face!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
It's just a really big head.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
That long sweeping Tanzania ivory beautiful... I am going to venture a guess in length 80 inches

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Nice ele but I will never understand why someone doesn't want to be in a picture side by side with his trophy... bewildered

It's a pity for such a nice picture..

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you're ashamed to show your face, you're ashamed of what you did!

The post should be deleted. thumbdown

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the photographer did not have permission to publish/display the person involved. Not sure why that would be, but one is supposed to have written permission to do so.
Elephant is the star, not the shooter!!

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
great elephant , no doubt shot with a heym Wink ... that long tanzania ivory is simply incredible , any idea of how long the pulled tusks went and what area the elephant came from , congrats to the hunter ... thumb

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great elephant bull.

Hunter told wife he's

at a biz conference in

London, not trapsing

about the Tanz. bush. rotflmo

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I would imagine new-guy received the pic in an email from a customer. He posted it here to show off the elephant. He thoughtfully hid his customer's face out of respect for not knowing whether or not he wished for his photo to be on the net with his trophy.

nice ele

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bull1:
If you're ashamed to show your face, you're ashamed of what you did!

The post should be deleted. thumbdown

Bull1

I disagree.

It is a security precaution. There are people out there who use internet postings as a theft shopping to do list.

It is like having NRA or gun stickers plastered on your auto. What does that tell the bad as he drives down your street? It makes you a big target for theft.

Posts: 7 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
There is a simply remedy for that, take a picture of the animal with out the hunter in the picture.

As for your analogy about the NRA stickers and such, first they are going to have to get your license tag number and see if you even live in the area. Lame ass excuse. JMO.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Thereare 1000 good reasons why the face might be blacked out and none of them are any of your f~?**& business. Why are there always people out there who feel like they are responsible for policing others. JEESH!!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnAir:
Thereare 1000 good reasons why the face might be blacked out and none of them are any of your f~?**& business. Why are there always people out there who feel like they are responsible for policing others. JEESH!!

I agree. No wonder some people never post reports.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

As for your analogy about the NRA stickers and such, first they are going to have to get your license tag number and see if you even live in the area. Lame ass excuse. JMO.

It is simpler than that. A predator will drive down your street and check the cars or they will follow you home. Then they mark your address and come back later.

It is not Lame. It is what they do.

Posts: 7 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by krieger:
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

It is simpler than that. A predator will drive down your street and check the cars or they will follow you home. Then they mark your address and come back later.

It is not Lame. It is what they do.

And when they see an NRA sticker, they pass by and go to your neighbors who do not have one because they know that, as an NRA member, you are armed.

Nice, nice elephant. Congrats to the hunter. I don't care what his reason for being deleted is, nice elephant.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Beautiful ivory. Congratulations to the hunter. Bull elephant for me in 2010.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Great elephant. Congratulations to John Doe hunter. Smiler

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duckear:
I would imagine new-guy received the pic in an email from a customer. He posted it here to show off the elephant. He thoughtfully hid his customer's face out of respect for not knowing whether or not he wished for his photo to be on the net with his trophy.

nice ele

That was the intent, but I can see that it's caused too much of a ruckus to conceal any longer.

Here is the exposed hunter with his elephant.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great ele and nice job Chris! dancing

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing, Chris gives us a picture of a very nice animal and the most important thing to some is that they can't see the face of a hunter they likely never heard of.

My Grandpap was right, some folks would bitch if you hung 'em with a new rope...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10395 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
New_guy, great elephant. Thank you for sharing.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Dayum! Nice ivory! Congratulations to the hunter.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does that mean that the next burger I buy from that guy might be elephant meat?! dancing

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
new-guy,
Now it's much better Big Grin
I just hate to see those black holes in great pictures, I was not looking for any explanation because it's not my business.
That was all what I was trying to say, it wasn't my intention to hijak your thread. Sorry.

Hey Johnair, take it easy my friend, I did not insult anyone in my post, I just give a personal opinion, you can like it or not.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
quote:

Now...that's much better. In fact, I think I talked to that guy at the SCI convention!

Bull1

nice ele

That was the intent, but I can see that it's caused too much of a ruckus to conceal any longer.

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

nice ele

Looks like Craig Boddington. This must be the footage Ivan has been talking about!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Great East African elephant!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I knew it! I knew Jack was a hunter. Now I have proof!

Ha ha ha. troll

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Beautiful elephant, I don't care who shot it, and I wish it was me! I'd be proud to post my face with that one, sure nothing the be ashamed of! Roll Eyes

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to slam the guy with no face, but is his wife going think he picked up the ivory in London on a business trip???
Damn shame not to bring those pearly whites home

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bull1:
quote:
quote:

Now...that's much better. In fact, I think I talked to that guy at the SCI convention!

Bull1

nice ele

Walter shot an elephant?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeff h:
Not to slam the guy with no face, but is his wife going think he picked up the ivory in London on a business trip???
Damn shame not to bring those pearly whites home

It was a joke...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice going Jack!!

That is a nice set of ivory.

Congratulations to whoever the elephant hunter was.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
That's probably Al Gore who shot the elephant - you know, "Do as I say, not as I do." I'm sure he flew there on a private jet that had carbon offset credits purchase ahead time Smiler

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
Does anybody else find it disturbing that Jack's head is as big as an elephants? I mean, I knew it was big, I've seen it in the commercials, I guess I never had a chance to see it next to anything else. Movie magic I guess.

Nevermind, I don't want to hijack the thread away from the really, really nice elephant...

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'd have a big head too if you'd shot an elephant like that one! jumping

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful long nicely matched ivory and a great trophy. I don't care if Ronald Mc Donald shot it.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted Hide Post
Don`t want to see another fat old guy. WinkCongratulations! Nice pair of tusks!