Tools

Holland & Holland 500 Jeffery
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:
I am not referring to the practice you referred. I was talking about the "Label Engineering" that's been going on-most of the gun sourced from an overseas manufacturer and stamping on the pricier brand name.It might make business sense.But, not correct in my books.If you like me to produce 'proof', I cannot in this case as only the action might have been sourced.But, the overall look of the rifle makes me think that it's a rifle made entirely by Reimer Johannsen.P lease do not think that it's an attack on the revered London gunmakers. I respect the names and their history.Hence my frustration.

Best-
Locksley,R.

Understood and I agree with the sentiment. However, I don't see any evidence of that happening in this case.
Most makers are now building rifles of this class based on classic big game rifle lines. After all, Johannsen didn't originate the style.

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JabaliHunter:
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:
I am not referring to the practice you referred. I was talking about the "Label Engineering" that's been going on-most of the gun sourced from an overseas manufacturer and stamping on the pricier brand name.It might make business sense.But, not correct in my books.If you like me to produce 'proof', I cannot in this case as only the action might have been sourced.But, the overall look of the rifle makes me think that it's a rifle made entirely by Reimer Johannsen.P lease do not think that it's an attack on the revered London gunmakers. I respect the names and their history.Hence my frustration.

Best-
Locksley,R.

Understood and I agree with the sentiment. However, I don't see any evidence of that happening in this case.
Most makers are now building rifles of this class based on classic big game rifle lines. After all, Johannsen didn't originate the style.

This is a fabulous rifle and H&H deserves the credit. I had heard from a fellow collector the fellow that ordered this gun backed out last minute don't know why though. Maybe $$$

Posts: 108 | Location: USA, Surrey, Loire France  | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote